I think Hawkeye message boards right now are a good example

I loved those rep points. The comments I got in the rep thing were absolutely hysterical. I could actually feel the wadding of the commenters' panties.

While I liked the little green squares, some comments were bitter and hurtful...it...it made me cry....If I EVER FIND OUT WHO SAID THAT STUFF.....

Can we apply this to Carver as well? Put those old farts that leave after the final TV timeout at the top of Carver so they are not in the way of us fans trying to support the team?

Lol at the beef jerky farts. MNFreak, sounds like you would benefit from the reseating? Although it could get worse.

Can we apply this to Carver as well? Put those old farts that leave after the final TV timeout at the top of Carver so they are not in the way of us fans trying to support the team?

Lol at the beef jerky farts. MNFreak, sounds like you would benefit from the reseating? Although it could get worse.

On a windy day like this past Saturday...not such a problem...but those super hot September games...YIKES!

One of the problems is that KF is similar to the Todd Lickliter of football. It's just not the style most fans want to see. I don't mind the game plan . . . ball control, win with defense. In the last two years, KF has tried to adjust (with the hire of Greg Davis) however, KF just doesn't seem committed to the change.
This statement may have been true last year, but this year? No way. Greg Davis has actually done a great job calling games because Kirk has let him go to work and pulled back on the reigns a bit on gameday.

I like this site because it provides useful information about Iowa athletics, without having to roam a half dozen other sites. As far as the opinions of people, it's just an opinion, from generally, the uninformed (like myself). None should be taken too seriously. Furthermore, my guess is the percentage of those who post opinions (also known as, wasting time), compared to the whole of Iowa sports fans is quite small. Let's not give ourselves too much credit, but at the same time, a little respect goes a long ways.

However, just for the record - Anyone who disagrees with any of my perspectives about Iowa sports is an idiot. And I mean that in the most respectful of ways. :)

It was interesting...you'd get anonymous comments regarding something you said in a post.....nice or nasty.... Uber secret trolling with no way to respond.

and the comments would often be strikingly personal.

"I've never liked you." - your mom

and i know my mom would never say that to me via the internet, she'd call me and say so instead.

and the comments would often be strikingly personal.

"I've never liked you." - your mom

and i know my mom would never say that to me via the internet, she'd call me and say so instead.

I only did that once, to Big10fan, but as we all remember, he was an idiot.

I only did that once, to Big10fan, but as we all remember, he was an idiot.

But his last post was hilarious.

You would think those of us who have been around this site over the years would know better than to mess around with Jon when he is cranky. What loss was that after?

I like this site because it provides useful information about Iowa athletics, without having to roam a half dozen other sites. As far as the opinions of people, it's just an opinion, from generally, the uninformed (like myself). None should be taken too seriously. Furthermore, my guess is the percentage of those who post opinions (also known as, wasting time), compared to the whole of Iowa sports fans is quite small. Let's not give ourselves too much credit, but at the same time, a little respect goes a long ways.

However, just for the record - Anyone who disagrees with any of my perspectives about Iowa sports is an idiot. And I mean that in the most respectful of ways. :)

Outstanding :)

This statement may have been true last year, but this year? No way. Greg Davis has actually done a great job calling games because Kirk has let him go to work and pulled back on the reigns a bit on gameday.

jaguars-fan-cant-believe-it-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

I think message boards get a little more contentious because the same posters have the same arguments, over and over again. That leads to much stronger language and vitriol than what would be normal. And when you consider the team/coaches tend to be the subjects of these arguments, they end up taking the verbal beatings. I am fairly consistent in what I say here and in real life. I don't sugar coat anything. On one hand, I would love to sit down with KF and tell him what I think of the "problems" Iowa football has. But on the other hand, I know it's most likely philosophical differences that we would end up disagreeing on, so it would be a waste of both of our time.

Wierd. I always thought that it was the fact that he's a terrible coach and getting beat consistently by teams Iowa should pound out that was breeding contempt. Thanks for clearing it up Jon.

I think Jon's original argument here made sense for Mr. Davis, but does not ring true for ferentz. Our familiarity with 20 win seasons and 1win in the NCAA tournament bred some contempt and led us to make one of the worst hires in this great university's history.

It's not just this year. I've presided over 110+ post game call in shows in the KF era, and message boards since his hiring, and over 1,000 days of sports talk radio. I can say without flinching that the relationship changed forever in 2007...but that everyone got back together later that year and the next year and a half for a football version of a booty call and then 2010 happened....exactly when his contract extension happened.

I'm not saying that last year is acceptable, because its not. I am not saying I don't get frustrated with the offense, because I do. I've written that the program smells like Aqua Velva at times, or that the offense reminds me of MASH; it was fun to watch for a while but now it just feels old and tired.

However, there is a breed of fan right now who is just embarrassing and borderline psychotic with their critiques...and the familiarity with KF is a big part of it.

That said, there isa breed of moron fan right now that is downright scary, and they are going after nebraska WR Kenny Bell on twitter...just horrible.

Link? How do I find? I want to see if there are REALLY people out there as moronic as some of our "all-star" posters. Prove it.

Ban decisions are above your paygrade, pal, so just drop it. JD's board, JD's rules. You don't like it, bounce.

Too bad there isn't an off-the-books committee that could make decisions like handing out awards and/or banning posters. Then to make sure it's existence was kept secret, any discussion or threads regarding "The Committee" would be deleted and lead to an automatic ban hammer to those who where involved in such an absurd discussion. ;)

Latest posts