I should have stopped to take a picture today.

uihawk82

I was driving from Des Moines to NW Iowa thru a small town today and as I slowed down a maroon and gold colored bus started to appear from the other side of a building. This was a nice looking, public transit style bus that had "Iowa State" letters on the side and the school colors nicely painted (not one of those old school bus style Ragbrai team buses or other cheap old bus that you see at tailgates.

But what made me laugh and almost stop to take a picture was the big "FOR SALE" sign in the large windshield. I know all of you would have loved to see a picture of it alongside the final scoreboard picture from the clowns game last week or any loss to Iowa.

I work in Ames, and am sooo proud to be wearing my new ragin cajun t-shirt.

And everytime I catch ESPNU showing the replay I flip it over for a quick laugh or two.

What was the mood in Ames and surrounding area last Saturday and Sunday after the big loss? I know firsthand how deflating a home loss upset like this (although not really and upset) can mute the mood in a college town as I have been there many times in Iowa City.

Yyyup. 20 bucks is a small price to pay for the enjoyment it brings. I've done it 3 times in my life. I've got Kent State, UAB, and now Louisiana Lafayette...you sound like a sad clown.

You keep doing that and you are going to end up with the best small school T-shirt collection known. Who knows what that will be worth someday!

Latest posts