I really, really hope...

He has a seven year contract. They are paying what 3 head coaches now?? I know they are still paying Mike Reilly.
Being their guy, I doubt they break the contract unless he never wins more than 7 in his first 3 years and has a 4 or 5 win season in there. Basically he would have to totally flop before they are going to cut him loose.

That's why I say it has the potential to backfire. Because let's just say he wins 7-8 games a year and say in year 4 he wins 9. I don't think they would cut him loose.

That article was more about taking shots at Ferentz than making a case for Frost. Essentially, it says that Frost is better at turn-around recruiting (including lots of Last Chance U type players). This is similar to what Snyder does at Kansas State, except that his is part of a long-term strategy, and less likely illegal. Perhaps the better comparison for Frost would be Hoiberg at Transfer U!

The more sane Husker fans remember how long it took St. Osborne to win it all even with all the advantages they had back in the day. Plus the fact he's a favorite son I believe he'll be given a long leash to get back to Pellini numbers.

The more sane Husker fans remember how long it took St. Osborne to win it all even with all the advantages they had back in the day. Plus the fact he's a favorite son I believe he'll be given a long leash to get back to Pellini numbers.
https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/poll-the-9-win-standard.104347/

Uh huh, you were saying? There are a few who actually understand that everything has changed in the last 20 years, but still the results show that they are expecting 9 win seasons 3/4 of the time, or more.
I'm not saying it can't be done, I mean you enter every year wanting to win every single game.
However in the last 6 years PSU has done it twice. Michigan has done it twice. MSU 4 times. Wisconsin 5 times. I would argue that Wisconsin has had fairly favorable schedules. With 2012 possibly being the hardest with MSU, PSU and OSU being on it. Coincidentally they didn't make 9 wins that year.

Uh huh, you were saying? There are a few who actually understand that everything has changed in the last 20 years, but still the results show that they are expecting 9 win seasons 3/4 of the time, or more.
I'm not saying it can't be done, I mean you enter every year wanting to win every single game.
However in the last 6 years PSU has done it twice. Michigan has done it twice. MSU 4 times. Wisconsin 5 times. I would argue that Wisconsin has had fairly favorable schedules. With 2012 possibly being the hardest with MSU, PSU and OSU being on it. Coincidentally they didn't make 9 wins that year.

Not following you ..... are you saying in the last 6 years these teams went undefeated all those times?

Not following you ..... are you saying in the last 6 years these teams went undefeated all those times?
Yeah I re read it and it does sound that way.
No they have won 9 or more.
Btw Iowa has done it once. We have gotten 8 several times (3 I think).
That's what I say, we are right on the cusp of taking the next step. I think everything is pointing to that happening.

Of note, Wisconsin also lost over half of its coaching staff prior to that season including Chryst, our current OC, and our DC.

Of note, Wisconsin also lost over half of its coaching staff prior to that season including Chryst, our current OC, and our DC.
That's true, y'all have survived some changes for sure.
We are just now getting back to having a complete staff that's all going the same direction.
That GD experiment was painful to watch sometimes.

That's true, y'all have survived some changes for sure.
We are just now getting back to having a complete staff that's all going the same direction.
That GD experiment was painful to watch sometimes.
That can hardly be called an experiment. GD was as vanilla as they come at Texas too, he just had the staff and the talent to come out with a NC. It's just like when Iowa had good seasons (read season, he topped 8 wins once, and that only happened because Phil and CJ were great. Having a Thorpe winner helps too.) with him.

Nebby fans may think Frost is their savior, but just remember.............

Attachments

• 3dd7a6d6d40f5b758e60045e0f7fa39b.jpg
    3dd7a6d6d40f5b758e60045e0f7fa39b.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts