I put this loss on coach

we let them dictate tempo
we stopped attacking the basket. I kept thinking "attack, don't let them get set". but we would start our half court offense
we let them score too readily. did not aadjust on defense.
blech.

we stopped attacking the basket. I kept thinking "attack, don't let them get set". but we would start our half court offense
blech.

You're right...every time I saw Fran bringing the ball up the court I was like "Dude...wtf???"...

I put it on the coach, the players, oh yeah, and Nebraska because they, you know, beat us.

I put this loss on the lack of big Fran heads in the stands. How you gonna win without big Fran heads?

I put Iowa's consistent pathetic defense on Iowa's coaches. Have never seen a team consistently so out of position. They do every fundamentally bad thing a team can do on defense outside of literally putting the ball in the other teams basket.

Defense has been like that for years. The result of Lick's recruiting, no doubt. Being outmatched athletically in every spot on the perimeter sure makes defending tough.

Archie played hard tonight Woodster. Who was coach going to put in? If Basabe chooses to play with 1/3 the energy Archie did then Devon would have been on the bench and we probably would have won.

blech.

Iowa did not let Nebraska dictate tempo at all.

Nebraska's guards were more athletic and they were a better team defensively. They won the game on having skilled guards that can drive and kick and hit FTs and having a 7 footer.

blech.

That's funny as coach put it on player.

Fran's opening reply he stated:

"It was disappointing, because I mean, defensively tonight, that's about as bad as you can play. I can't ‑‑ and I'm not blaming my players, at all. And we have got to do a better job. We did not play good defense tonight.:

Iowa played defense for 30 secs per possession. I can't tell you how many times the shot clock was at or below 5 secs.

The bottom line is we have seen how well (and how poor) this team can play ... And with the number of players who DO have experience it is hard to understand how a loss like this one creeps in ... Fran can only do so much ... Ultimately it comes down to the players executing the things they were taught ... But naturally, it will also lead fans to ask what could we have done differently from a coaching perspective ... One of the downfalls of having a program in transition ... You get sucked in after a big win and start to envision grandiose results ... and then a loss at home to Nebraska quickly brings you back to keeping your feet on the ground ... I am sure Fran and staff are left scratching their heads more than any of us ...

Latest posts