I. Moss update

Moss today vs West Virginia - 7 minutes, 0-2 (both from three), 1 rebound

Kansas wins 60-53 at home.

Watching a little bit of Kansas @ Texas. Kansas plays really Selfish. If Moss is gonna do anything, he's gonna have to be Selfish like his teammates.

He’s playing the same number of minutes, but his win-shares and box plus/minus are both higher on the offensive and defensive side.

In other words he’s statistically (not just gut feel) more important to Kansas’ team than he was to Iowa. The reasons are academic and don’t matter, but it’s the truth. Moss is contributing more to Kansas, and judging by the team we have this year, he probably wouldn’t be doing so if he stayed at Iowa. I’m neutral except for the fact that Fran put a lot of time and effort into the guy for him to bounce. Stats mentioned earlier below...

6680-C019-C5-E0-4-C1-C-88-F4-7-A2-B6234-CC50.png

He’s playing the same number of minutes, but his win-shares and box plus/minus are both higher on the offensive and defensive side.

In other words he’s statistically (not just gut feel) more important to Kansas’ team than he was to Iowa. The reasons are academic and don’t matter, but it’s the truth. Moss is contributing more to Kansas, and judging by the team we have this year, he probably wouldn’t be doing so if he stayed at Iowa. I’m neutral except for the fact that Fran put a lot of time and effort into the guy for him to bounce. Stats mentioned earlier below...

6680-C019-C5-E0-4-C1-C-88-F4-7-A2-B6234-CC50.png

He also isn't shooting as many stupid mid range or toe on the line jumpers. His 3pt attempt rate is sitting at over 68% with KU while it was around 40% at Iowa. That helps the advanced shooting stats immensely. Case in point. He's posting his best TS% and EFG% of his career while also shooting his worst percentage from 3. Shoot more 3s than mid range and the analytics say your performance is much much better even with a slightly diminished shooting percentage.

He also isn't shooting as many stupid mid range or toe on the line jumpers. His 3pt attempt rate is sitting at over 68% with KU while it was around 40% at Iowa. That helps the advanced shooting stats immensely. Case in point. He's posting his best TS% and EFG% of his career while also shooting his worst percentage from 3. Shoot more 3s than mid range and the analytics say your performance is much much better even with a slightly diminished shooting percentage.

I used to play in an old mans league with a lights out old dude. The guy shot with his foot on the line all the time. The obvious reason was there wasn't even a line back in his day. What the hell was Moss's excuse? That drove me batty.

At this point I just shrug my shoulders at this. It is a win-win for everybody. It is rare that it works out like this.

Latest posts