I love me some wrastlin posters but..

I wish I was messing with you guys, but I am not. Similar to you would have no idea who the NCAA Swimming Champs would be last year or which NCAA team won the Lacrosse Championship or who was the greatest Lacrosse Coach EVER!

good point. similar to how outside the state of Iowa nobody would know anything about hawkeye basketball. that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be fans.

Biggest difference... they care about BASKETBALL. I don't care about Hockey either.. yet I know it is more important than wrestling/lacrosse/swimming because it is on ESPN Sportscenter and people nationwide have interest in it.
The difference between being national champs in Tiddly Winks or Basketball is a huge difference, unfairly or not.

There will usually be fans of about anything... to include Bingo. Let's not get carried away with the "I am the Michael Jordan of Bingo" thoughts!

Greg you are hijacking this thread to tell us how unimportant wrestling is to you. We get it. Start your own thread if your aim is to trash the sport of college wrestling. Your comments are getting old fast.

I am the self-proclaimed world champion of RISK... but I can't find enough people to give a hoot about the game to take me on. As a matter of fact, I think it probably falls behind Dungeons and Dragons in the who gives a hoot standings. Surely farther behind than college wrestling. So.. college wrestling fans have that going for them. But that doesn't mean I ain't to RISK what Gable is to WRESTLING. I even beat a kid from Washington in Korea. But... I have no books written about me yet.

I am the self-proclaimed world champion of RISK... but I can't find enough people to give a hoot about the game to take me on. As a matter of fact, I think it probably falls behind Dungeons and Dragons in the who gives a hoot standings. Surely farther behind than college wrestling. So.. college wrestling fans have that going for them. But that doesn't mean I ain't to RISK what Gable is to WRESTLING. I even beat a kid from Washington in Korea. But... I have no books written about me yet.

yeah it does. gable isn't self proclaimed.

This got me thinking... I will run an experiment tomorrow and ask 10 people from 10 different states "Who is Dan Gable?" and post the state-reply here. What percent do you think will know?

If the 10 states are East then I say will 100%, if you go west probably 7 out of 10 will know

Wow im not hanging this **** on my wall. The last poster i got had the hawks all wearing assless chaps with horses. Brokeback mountain style. Yikes!

This evening i patiently waited to get my newest poster only to see it.. and feel weird again... 4 guys in the dark with their shirts off??! Really? Gosh im not homophobic but i cant put this on my wall. Ok im done ranting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all chaps assless? Otherwise, wouldn't they just be pants?

Wow im not hanging this **** on my wall. The last poster i got had the hawks all wearing assless chaps with horses. Brokeback mountain style. Yikes!This evening i patiently waited to get my newest poster only to see it.. and feel weird again... 4 guys in the dark with their shirts off??! Really? Gosh im not homophobic but i cant put this on my wall. Ok im done ranting.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all chaps assless? Otherwise, wouldn't they just be pants?
You are correct. Assless chaps has a nice ring to it.

No way. I live in Madison and many dont have a clue who Gable is, hell most dont even know who Barry Davis is.

Goes to show you the make-up of people in Wisconsin. Now ask some actual "sports" fans. Also, I would include Wyoming, Colorado and the Dakotas as to being states with "sports fans" that follow or are familiar with wrestling, and know of, have heard of, or could place Dan Gable with wrestling.

You can call 10 people from different states and ask who the President is and you may be suprised how many don't know or even care. Then go on down the line to Sec. of State, Sec. of Defense, etc. OBTW, anybody know who the Sec. of Treasury is? Without cheating that is.

3 out of 61 people in the shop knew who Dan Gable was here in Minot ND. Out of the 3 who knew who Gable was 2 were from Iowa and 1 is a sports freak who knows everything trivial to include who invented the Terrible Towel that Pittsburgh fans wave. THREE out of 61.

BTW... this is an AF duty section and the people are from all over the US. Only a couple are from ND and they surely didn't know.

3 out of 61 people in the shop knew who Dan Gable was here in Minot ND. Out of the 3 who knew who Gable was 2 were from Iowa and 1 is a sports freak who knows everything trivial to include who invented the Terrible Towel that Pittsburgh fans wave. THREE out of 61.

BTW... this is an AF duty section and the people are from all over the US. Only a couple are from ND and they surely didn't know.

wow you actually took the time to ask 61 ppl?

I'd imagine you'd get your best response to "Who is Dan Gable" in the midwest.. in the Southeast you'd probably get the worst response.

I asked 61 people if they knew where North Dakota was on a map. 3 people did. 2 were from North Dakota and one was just a geography freak. THREE out of 61.

My research took every bit of my available intellegence and time yet was proven pointless and mindlessly boring but I feel really good about myself now because I personally am not a fan of North Dakota.

Latest posts