I like ISU

THIS! If this doesn't scream "the Iowa game is our Superbowl" nothing does. I've never seen a Beat Nebraska, or Beat Texas, or Beat Oklahoma jersey. Not to mention all the F**K Iowa t-shirts the clown fans wear. And don't even get me started on that stupid a$$ billboard! While you may see bad fans on both sides, you would never see Gary Barta put up a billboard in Ames calling this a Hawkeye State, or KF allow players to wear Beat Iowa State on their jerseys.

except they did put up a billboard right after that on 35 just south of the hwy 30 exit.

and KF lets his players do whatever they want. the off the field conduct over the last few years clearly illustrates this.

except they did put up a billboard right after that on 35 just south of the hwy 30 exit.

and KF lets his players do whatever they want. the off the field conduct over the last few years clearly illustrates this.

pot...meet kettle?? ISU has had their share of problems too...

Iowa's problems lately have been garden variety college kid things.

My Harley riding friend...here they are and it backfired!!!!!
4251082760_672668c173_o.png

Is that photoshop? they really wore those jerseys?

Thats hilarious. Has that ever happened before in college football?

no they really wore those jerseys...

Are they the only team in the history of college football to wear jerseys that said "Beat XXXX" on the front?

Honest question...has that ever been done before or since? Did they wear them just the one year?

Its a rivalry. Those uniforms were great...wish they'd bring 'em back for the game. Further, keep in mind that in the time frame...early in the series...ISU was the dominant program (circa the 70's). In the 80's and 90's, Iowa dominated. In the 2000's it was quite even in head to head performance (5-5).

I think it was a one game thing? And I couldn't say but if I had to guess I'd say they are the only team in history...not exactly a normal thing.

Its a rivalry. Those uniforms were great...wish they'd bring 'em back for the game. Further, keep in mind that in the time frame...early in the series...ISU was the dominant program (circa the 70's). In the 80's and 90's, Iowa dominated. In the 2000's it was quite even in head to head performance (5-5).

its what 38-19?? overall? Pretty sure it's been one sided for a long while.

and in the 70's they played 3 times Iowa won 2??

I'll give you they won 3 games in 80-82 before that 15 year drought...

EDIT: You have to go back to 1894-1897 to find a period where ISU won more than 2 in a row???? (circa the 70's)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_–_Iowa_State_rivalry

Don't be ignorant...I like the rivalry but ISU wasn't really the dominant program ever it was fairly even last decade.

Last edited:

They only played 3 time in the 70's and Iowa won two of them

Anyone know what year those unifmors were worn...just curious

"You have to go back to 1894-1897 to find a period where ISU won more than 2 in a row???? (circa the 70's)"

Actually, you just have to go back to 2002...when ISU won 5 in a row. Further, ISU started out the series by going 4-2. Then Iowa dominated with their 15 in a row. Outside of that dominant block(1983-1997), the "modern" series has been very even and hard fought.

"You have to go back to 1894-1897 to find a period where ISU won more than 2 in a row???? (circa the 70's)"

Actually, you just have to go back to 2002...when ISU won 5 in a row. Further, ISU started out the series by going 4-2. Then Iowa dominated with their 15 in a row. Outside of that dominant block(1983-1997), the "modern" series has been very even and hard fought.

Actually I should have been more clear...I meant before around/before the 70's...IK about the early part of the decade...you did win 5 in a row...but the series has and always will be one sided.

I want to know when your cyclones were the dominant program?? It certainly wasn't "circa the 70's " like you claimed?? maybe the early 2000's but those games were never really DOMINATED by the cyclones... (DISCLAIMER: You will use 1998 to prove me wrong (because I used the word never) but whatever...that does look like domination on the scoreboard.)

Last edited:
Yes, it was the 70's.

How many bowls did Iowa go to in the 70's...or even, how many winning seasons did they have in that time frame?

ISU went to bowls under Majors and Bruce...and had 3, 8-3 seasons under Bruce and a couple under Majors. So the program itself was certainly stronger than Iowa's in that era...in spite of Iowa winning 2 games in the head to head matchup. Clearly, Iowa has been more dominant since the Fry era...but in the 70's, Iowa's program was in a state of collapse whilst ISU was doing very well.

Yes, it was the 70's.

How many bowls did Iowa go to in the 70's...or even, how many winning seasons did they have in that time frame?

ISU went to bowls under Majors and Bruce...and had 3, 8-3 seasons under Bruce and a couple under Majors. So the program itself was certainly stronger than Iowa's in that era...in spite of Iowa winning 2 games in the head to head matchup. Clearly, Iowa has been more dominant since the Fry era...but in the 70's, Iowa's program was in a state of collapse whilst ISU was doing very well.

alright that's fine I thought we were comparing head to head...

I think we were looking at both.

That's fine...I totally understand.

anyways sorry for the sidetrack...(partly my fault)...back to the topic.

I don't like ISU anymore partly because of many of their fans that I have met and talked with...I can't stand them anymore. I could care less about ISU but wish they would've dropped to the MAC say just to give some of them a reality check.

I've had ISU fans that I've known tell me personally," I don't care how we do in the Big 12 as long as we can beat the Hawks."
^How can you do that honestly?

I was dissapointed the Big 12 stayed together...and Harkin and our politicians need to be voted out for interfering and now writing that letter to the Big 10...where is the letter to the Big 12?? They should be ticked at the Big 12 that ISU is getting bent over by texas...

Yes, it was the 70's.

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

there is one key word and its used twice in that babbling mess
WAS

I only root against ISU when they play Iowa, in any sport.

Other than that, I support my Iowa brethern.

SDK...ditto for Iowa when they aren't playing ISU.

And Hawkforce, for every weird ISU fan you can cite that puts the Iowa game above conference ones...I could produce an Iowa fan of the same ilk. Personally, I know a crapload of Iowa and ISU fans and VERY few of either side are willing to give up a good conference season in favor of beating their cross state rival. In fact, of the hundreds of ISU fans I personally know, I've never known any of them to feel that way.

Last edited:

Latest posts