I know winning on the road is tough but man

Teams with winning B1G records that Iowa has played on the road to date. 2 (includes Palestra game).

Teams at .500 or worse in the B1G that Iowa has played on the road. 6.

It’s almost like one could make an argument that Iowa has had a pretty easy road schedule to date. I would wager that no other B1G team has played 6 road games against teams currently out of the NCAA tournament. Maybe 7 if Purdue is out.

Huge win yesterday.
I'm not sure there is much of a difference at all between the 1st place team and the 10th place team this year. I think we are a decent road team. We ran into a buzzsaw one game and ran into one guy shooting the lights out another. Then obviously the Nebraska game where we shot terrible but were still competitive because the opponent was terrible too. When you look at our resume game by game, then look at everyone else's, I'd say we are average at the absolute worst.

Here’s how I would have had the odds of winning in our B1G road games to date:

Michigan - 30%
Penn State - 35%
Nebraska - 55%
Northwestern - 55%
Maryland - 20%
Purdue - 35%
Indiana - 40%
Minnesota - 40%

If you add those up you get a projected 3.1 wins and 4.9 losses. So our two road wins leave us one game behind schedule in my opinion on the road.

I'm not sure there is much of a difference at all between the 1st place team and the 10th place team this year. I think we are a decent road team. We ran into a buzzsaw one game and ran into one guy shooting the lights out another. Then obviously the Nebraska game where we shot terrible but were still competitive because the opponent was terrible too. When you look at our resume game by game, then look at everyone else's, I'd say we are average at the absolute worst.
Ya for me it’s probably partially that we just seemed so uncompetitive in a couple of those games. Our uptempo style and sometimes lack of defense is probably the reason for that.

In general theory though, I would imagine most B1G teams given our road schedule would have at least two road wins. NW has one conference win and that was a home game against Neb. Nebraska has two and that was us and Purdue. Having only two conference road wins with our schedule thus far is at best average.

Last edited:
Iowa has 4 road wins, the best road team in the conference, Penn State, has 5. Iowa is a better than average road team this season. Don’t let any dip shit tell ya different
Next year we should schedule road games at Drake, Milwaukee, UW-Green Bay, and Loyola Chicago. Get those road wins to guarantee we will at least be a better than average road team.

Is it safe to say CJF is injury prone at this point? I really hope this isn’t super serious but it looked very bad. He’s had three different injuries this year alone and had one last year that led to the redshirt. That stinks.
I don’t know. But Connor got mono and sat his freshman year. CJ had some health issues and sat last year...plus this year’s injuries. Bohannon is out hurt this year. All of the above is why I don’t worry about how the guard minutes get distributed next year. It’s an unknown who will get hurt and how long they will be out.

I just don’t agree with your logic on this one. You are including wins against Syracuse and Iowa State? Two non tournament teams. I have no idea what true road games the other conference teams played.

The fact of the matter is we haven’t beaten a tournament level team on the road, and we lost to a miserable Nebraska team. We haven’t even really been competitive in the majority of our recent road games (no defense). I’m sorry but I’m not buying this argument that we are a average road team. We are a bad bad road basketball team, and beating crummy Syracuse and Iowa State doesn’t change my feeling on that.
But we’re an above average neutral court team. I prefer this since the BTT and NCAA Tournament are on neutral courts.

Ya for me it’s probably partially that we just seemed so uncompetitive in a couple of those games. Our uptempo style and sometimes lack of defense is probably the reason for that.

In general theory though, I would imagine most B1G teams given our road schedule would have at least two road wins. NW has one conference win and that was a home game against Neb. Nebraska has two and that was us and Purdue. Having only two conference road wins with our schedule thus far is at best average.
And the couple uncompetitive ones were really recent. I get why you can go hum the wins against Syracuse and ISU, but the fact that one is an in state rival and we dominated both games means they were very well played games. Both teams were better than Nebraska. Of course, we had Bohannon for those too. But at the same time, CJ missed 2 road games and the 2nd half of 2 others. You say average at best. I say average at worst. It's not like we are that far off.

Latest posts