I know winning on the road is tough but man

I know we're missing a lot of key pieces, but goddamn, for once I'd like to see a Fran McCaffery-coached team show some effort in closing out on threes.

I get people get hot. But it seems like every other game someone who shoots 10% gets scorching hot against us, and it can't always be luck.
Kriener is lazy on close outs and Joe W never gets his hand up

Ya know, I get that these shit road performances are tough to watch, but the fact is there is no "collapse" or "fade" until Iowa loses at home. Iowa was losing on the road earlier in the B1G season, and they still are. If Iowa ends up 10-10 or 11-9 in conference, that's probably where they deserve to finish.

Meanwhile.... been watching Colo at Oregon - what ranked TEAMS are supposed to look like on the road. A little cherry on top listening to the coolest dork-hippie on earth (Billy Walton) do some stream of consciousness color commentary.

Now this is some entertaining basketball. Unlike watching Iowa play 1 on 5.

Is it safe to say CJF is injury prone at this point? I really hope this isn’t super serious but it looked very bad. He’s had three different injuries this year alone and had one last year that led to the redshirt. That stinks.

I was thinking that too. Some people just get injured easier than others. Maybe he's just had a rash of bad luck. But at this point, its definitely a possibility that he's just injury prone.

To get back to 10 down with Frederick out showed a lot of character. In the end turnovers were the difference. Indiana's points off turnovers dwarfed iowa's. Iowa had some momentum but the missed goal tending call and subsequent technical were killers. I think if Frederick is on the floor in the second half Iowa wins. Too bad.

Indiana not a great team. I look for them to lose four of their next five.
Indiana is not a great team isn’t my particular takeaway from this game.

What is the deal with Kriener. I thought earlier in the year he would be a real asset in the conference but he’s been virtually invisible. It’s confounding.
I think his basketball IQ is terrible . Last night he dribbled into Garza and then tried an entry pass . He left an opposing player underneath the basket to guard someone at the free throw line before there was a rotation . He commits really dumb fouls . I’ve seen third grade players more aware of their surroundings.

Iowa is tied for the 4th best road record in the conference - stop with how bad they are on the road. They are down to relying on walk ons for major minutes due to injuries. Make no mistake of it, this team is limping to the finish line, but as far as playing on the road, they are a little better than average.

Iowa is tied for the 4th best road record in the conference - stop with how bad they are on the road. They are down to relying on walk ons for major minutes due to injuries. Make no mistake of it, this team is limping to the finish line, but as far as playing on the road, they are a little better than average.
One road win in the BIG is nothing to brag about

I aint bragging about shit - I said that Iowa's road record is tied for 4th place in the league cause it is. They are a little above average in regards to their peers on the road this season.
I'll be very surprised if Iowa wins another road game in the conference, especially is Frederick is out

I aint bragging about shit - I said that Iowa's road record is tied for 4th place in the league cause it is. They are a little above average in regards to their peers on the road this season.
Has every B1G team played at both Northwestern and Nebraska already? My guess is no they have not. Point being that is a pretty imperfect stat. Two of Iowa’s toughest three road games on the schedule are yet to come.

Has every B1G team played at both Northwestern and Nebraska already? My guess is no they have not. Point being that is a pretty imperfect stat. Two of Iowa’s toughest three road games on the schedule are yet to come.

Is it tho? I am not saying Iowa is a good road team, so check that. I am saying compared to their peers they are slightly above average. Iowa has 3 road wins. Maryland, the current conference leader has 4. They've played their road games against the bottom 2 teams already. Penn State, who still has a game AT Northwestern has won 5. So the best road team in the league has 2 more road wins. Which IMO, is a lot. That's a big margin, but it's 3-5 to 5-3 at this point. Comparable to their peers, Iowa is a tick above average at winning basketball games on the road this season. Iowa is not great on the road. Both statements can be true.

Is it tho? I am not saying Iowa is a good road team, so check that. I am saying compared to their peers they are slightly above average. Iowa has 3 road wins. Maryland, the current conference leader has 4. They've played their road games against the bottom 2 teams already. Penn State, who still has a game AT Northwestern has won 5. So the best road team in the league has 2 more road wins. Which IMO, is a lot. That's a big margin, but it's 3-5 to 5-3 at this point. Comparable to their peers, Iowa is a tick above average at winning basketball games on the road this season. Iowa is not great on the road. Both statements can be true.
I just don’t agree with your logic on this one. You are including wins against Syracuse and Iowa State? Two non tournament teams. I have no idea what true road games the other conference teams played.

The fact of the matter is we haven’t beaten a tournament level team on the road, and we lost to a miserable Nebraska team. We haven’t even really been competitive in the majority of our recent road games (no defense). I’m sorry but I’m not buying this argument that we are a average road team. We are a bad bad road basketball team, and beating crummy Syracuse and Iowa State doesn’t change my feeling on that.

I just don’t agree with your logic on this one. You are including wins against Syracuse and Iowa State? Two non tournament teams. I have no idea what true road games the other conference teams played.

The fact of the matter is we haven’t beaten a tournament level team on the road, and we lost to a miserable Nebraska team. We haven’t even really been competitive in the majority of our recent road games (no defense). I’m sorry but I’m not buying this argument that we are a average road team. We are a bad bad road basketball team, and beating crummy Syracuse and Iowa State doesn’t change my feeling on that.

slightly above average comparable to our peers.

Latest posts