I know winning on the road is tough but man

HaydenHawk56

Iowa sure makes career nights out of opposing teams with the best of them. Maybe they come back...ya probably not but this feels a lot like the Purdue game. Once the 3s start dropping for the other team..game over man. Hard to believe Garza has over 20 in the first half...does not feel like it...just goes to show how good of a player he is. If he only had a bench to complement him.

Last edited:
And now it looks like a major injury is going to make winning games tough period. The hawks were playing well and then boom they hit 4 3's in a row while the hawks were turning it over

Iowa is about to go down the annual slide for an NIT bid. Fran just isn't a great coach.

I’m no Fran apologist but this has been my favorite season of his, yet. Granted, that has more to do with Frank and Luka Garza than this crew of below average strategists but Ill throw him a bone for a few glimmers of hope he’s shown with the short handed roster options and use of timeouts.

While the inevitable collapse is here ( Bank it, losing CJ for the rest of the season = 2-4, and a 10 seed, at best.) this team still overachieved, in my book. They’ll be 1 and done in both tourneys but they made the dance, which is way more than I expected.

I’m just praying to the Almighty that Luka comes back, P-Mac gets well, CJ doesn’t suffer the Soph Slump, Joe T gets his shit together, Joe W grows a set of balls and C-Mac gets something resembling a jump shot. Top that off with Joe Bo’s farewell tour and some “Reggie/Gabe” Ogundele power in the middle... gettin’ me some Hawkeye wood for 2020-2021

Our defense was bad once again, but defense had nothing to do with the one guy who killed us tonight. It doesn't matter anyway. We're out of players. The season died at assembly hall.

Our defense was bad once again, but defense had nothing to do with the one guy who killed us tonight. It doesn't matter anyway. We're out of players. The season died at assembly hall.

Ijlhuba.gif

Cant get to worked up about a road loss with a Fran team. They just arent competitive. Defense is further exposed now with a further lack of depth. First round losses in both tourneys are possible and probably likely. But watching Garza get mugged and still get numbers has made this a better than expected season for me to watch.

To get back to 10 down with Frederick out showed a lot of character. In the end turnovers were the difference. Indiana's points off turnovers dwarfed iowa's. Iowa had some momentum but the missed goal tending call and subsequent technical were killers. I think if Frederick is on the floor in the second half Iowa wins. Too bad.

Indiana not a great team. I look for them to lose four of their next five.

Is it safe to say CJF is injury prone at this point? I really hope this isn’t super serious but it looked very bad. He’s had three different injuries this year alone and had one last year that led to the redshirt. That stinks.

Latest posts