I have to Vent

Agreed, and that's part of what I truly like about KF. He will never, ever publicly throw his staff under Adrian Clayborn (I hate over-use of that other three-letter word). That said, I hope to he!! a couple assistants are having a hard time sitting down today today because of the post-game a$$-chewing they got Saturday.

It's all good. Kirk chewed his gum extra hard as he wrote down a couple of assistant coaches names. I think this is enough.

"It's lose not loose. One need not be a football player or a coach to understand football. KF is a coach, making $3.8 mil and he makes plenty of mistakes. Rather than call someone a "moron chicken little" why don't you explain to me why the criticisms I have made of the coaching decisions or KF extremely unimaginative coaching style are wrong. The pinnacle of Hawkeye football was in the mid 80's with the Chuck Long, Ronnie Harmon, etc. days when we had number one teams, made Rose bowls all before the current BCS ruined system of football we have now."

Yes I know it’s lose. Sorry for pushing the o key twice. I disagree with a lot that you have said. I think for the most part being a coach or a player helps you understand, because no player or coach would spew the verbal diarrhea that has been on here about "worst loss ever", "we are going to be 7-5". Feel free to be as critical as you like, but no coach or player has this type of ultimatum loser attitude. I will say again we still hold in our hands our own destiny and can still win a share of the Big 10 title and I guarantee that is what the coaches know and are thinking. Again we made mistakes, it’s ok to second guess and be critical, but the "Sky is Falling" garbage is a losers mentality. Regarding the past relating to Iowa Football it is your opinion that the BCS has ruined the current system. Facts speak for themselves. Who has won more Jan. 1 Bowl games? Who has had more top 10 finishes? I will give you a hint, it’s not Haden Fry.
Must have a bad keyboard. It's "Hayden not Haden" When Coach Fry was coaching there were only a few games (Rose, Cotton, Sugar,Orange and later the Fiesta Bowl) on January 1. So the comparison is invalid. Everybowl game and its brother in on Jan. 1 anymore (that's a joke in guess you didn't get it). I never said the shy was falling. Iowa will likely finish 8-4, which is sad given the talent KF had at his disposal. I still have yet to hear you or anyone rebut any of the (few) specific critiques I have made about the horrible decisions KF made (and for which he still refuses to take any blame.) If former coaches and players are the only ones with the expertise to understand these things, why can't you respond to the queries I posed. Maybe it is because the athletes at Iowa where allowed to take P.E. classes and gets letter grades (padding their 2.0 grade point average) while the rest of the student body got either a pass or fail. This may explain the lack of ability to proof read before posting to a blog.

Must have a bad keyboard. It's "Hayden not Haden" When Coach Fry was coaching there were only a few games (Rose, Cotton, Sugar,Orange and later the Fiesta Bowl) on January 1. So the comparison is invalid. Everybowl game and its brother in on Jan. 1 anymore (that's a joke in guess you didn't get it). I never said the shy was falling. Iowa will likely finish 8-4, which is sad given the talent KF had at his disposal. I still have yet to hear you or anyone rebut any of the (few) specific critiques I have made about the horrible decisions KF made (and for which he still refuses to take any blame.) If former coaches and players are the only ones with the expertise to understand these things, why can't you respond to the queries I posed. Maybe it is because the athletes at Iowa where allowed to take P.E. classes and gets letter grades (padding their 2.0 grade point average) while the rest of the student body got either a pass or fail. This may explain the lack of ability to proof read before posting to a blog.

LOL, perhaps you should proof read your own post professor. It looks like at least two typos to me, however that is not the point. KF has admitted some mistakes which is more than you are admitting. You are still avoiding the facts. Who has more top 10 finishes in a shorter time? Since you did not answer the question I will. It is KF. It is your right to question mistakes and it is my right to tell you to relax. Hind sight is 20/20. KF is a good coach that has more football knowledge than you or anyone on this board. He is human. He and his staff do a lot right and they make some mistakes. That is football.

The point isn't about typos. This thread is about KF's coaching. Quite simply, he is a terrible in game coach. He lacks the ability to change the game plan based on the situation at hand (the score, injuries, the maneuvers the other coach is making. He is a terrible recruiter. It was only because of the losing streak at the end of coach Fry's long, illustrious career that a loser like KF (I think a record of 12-21 at Maine justifies that remark) got the break of a lifetime when he got the Iowa job. If it weren't for the break of his lifetime, Brad Banks, he would have been canned after his first 4 years.
Let's make this more simple, cite me an example or two of what makes KF a great coach; an unpredictable decision he made, a great call, ...anything.
Yes he has had 4 top ten finishes but has only tied for the Big Ten championship two times (Fry had 3.) His coaching record is 98-77, far from illustrious. As you see it is easy to pull up number to justify a point. He has had a number of good teams but my honest opinion is that a "great" coach would have had a team finish higher than 7 at least once (Iowa's best final rankings under coach Ferentz are 8,8,8,7 - you can look up the years)
To his credit I do think he is a great O-Line coach (which is where he belongs) I know the Team finished in the top 10, 4 times. But his coaching record is 98-77, far from illustrious. When I guy makes $3.8 million, I expect a top ten coach. I can easily think of 20 to 30 active coaches that I would prefer to coach at my beloved Iowa rather than KF (almost all the SEC coaches, Lane Kiffen, Chip Kelly, the coaches for Boise State or TCU, etc. this is my last post. I love my team as I have for over thirty years. My dislike for KF is as a coach not as a person. He does try. I have, perhaps unrealistic dreams, that they could win a BCS Championship game. This will never happen with KF. If you are OK with hitting long flies to the warning track instead of home rums KF is your man. I understand his supporters, he has done a great deal but trying to convince then that he is not an Urban Meyer, Peter Carroll, Mack Brown - type is like arguing with a steel post. They will never change their mind despite all the facts you give them. (Like most Republi-corps, sorry for the political jab, I couldn't help my self)
IMD Class of 90 and 94. (2 degrees if you were wondering, undergraduate and graduate)

Last edited:

Latest posts