I have new respect for how difficult Rob/Jon's job is.

Oh come on, how many college minutes did we see of Conner before he got sick. I know people have seen his HS tape (and in person). I haven't. But really haven't seen enough to make a statement like that. I'm not saying he'll be our savior but to just say based on 20 minutes of game time before he was out that he won't be the guy is silly.

Watch the video. He shoots like a female player. He has not speed. He can't break down D's. Point guard? seriously?

I think Connor is but I could certainly change my mind if his defense is garbage.
Williams was a small forward/slasher type. He had no jump shot. He didn't have good enough handles to play the PG/2G as a BIG starter. His defense was average, maybe.

How is he? Pt Guard? Break down D? 2G. He has a female push shot.

When you watch the Wolverines repeatedly steal the ball and get 4 guys back to their goal before we get anyone to the top of the key, that’s either laziness or ineptitude. I have a hard time believing that so called D-1 players can’t hustle or at least make an attempt to hold on to the ball (the lazy inbounding steal last night by Michigan). The Hawkeyes got beat time after time last night and every single one of them looks like a wet noodle except for Garza. Bohannon folds up like a lawn chair to double teams, and don’t give me any shit excuse about how that’s why he can’t shoot or score. Guess what, double teams happen when you’re a good shooter. This is big boy basketball and you have to deal with it. You think no other good players out there get double teamed and step their game up to compete? Tell me all you want about how good he is, and how many threes he makes...when the pressure is on and teams play him man, he turtles up. Look at the stats, he either goes lights out or not at all. That’s not good play.

If it’s not laziness and more of an issue of the players not hustling because they’re frustrated or sick of getting beat, then maybe get the F off the court and let Rose and Ash play.

The problem is, Bohannon isn't good enough to be by far the best guard on the team. When you can pretty much ignore the other guards completely and try to shut down the best guard, who is only "pretty good", it's not going to end well. Gatens had that same problem his early years. He was by far the best player on the team, but he wasn't good enough to withstand other players throwing the kitchen sink at him to stop him. Bohannon should be the 4th best player on a good team.

I know that. He went to a high school playing schools like Tri County in size. No brainer.

Conner just isn't Big Ten material.

Williams was the only player Iowa had who could possibly break down a defense. With the right coach he could have been a contributor.

Williams transferred down a level because he was not a B1G caliber player. If Connor is worse than him the end of the Fran era is going to get really ugly.

Williams transferred down a level because he was not a B1G caliber player. If Connor is worse than him the end of the Fran era is going to get really ugly.
It's a win/win for me. Connor is a BIG caliber difference maker and our team gets a lot better or he's another mid major project and the Fran regime comes to a crashing halt.

How is he? Pt Guard? Break down D? 2G. He has a female push shot.

Lonzo Ball has a really ugly shot but he's on the Lakers now, making millions of $. Not that Connor is in his class, of course, but the beauty of one's shot isn't everything. I agree with the notion that we've seen Williams and he isn't D-1 material but we haven't seen Connor enough to have an opinion of his abilities.

Lonzo Ball has a really ugly shot but he's on the Lakers now, making millions of $. Not that Connor is in his class, of course, but the beauty of one's shot isn't everything. I agree with the notion that we've seen Williams and he isn't D-1 material but we haven't seen Connor enough to have an opinion of his abilities.

Ball is athletic. Yes and Ugly shot. Lakers are bad.

You don't have to watch a lot of video of Conner to figure this out. He is everything Iowa already has and doesn't have.

Does it ever cross anyone's mind that something is amiss when the two sons of the coach they are going to be playing on... and that team whines and cries about contact and can't score well in a half court offense....and those 2 players

Don't like contact

Have feminine shots.

Whine on social media.

Big Ten title on the way. What could go wrong?

If Conner is not a lot better, it's going to get ugly.
Agreed. It's a lot of pressure to place on your son's shoulders. Not something he deserves, honestly. It's something I find remarkable. If I was going to put my family in the position that Fran has, I'd have busted my butt to make sure their was upper BIG quality talent around my son, when he suited up. Fran has done the opposite.