I have an intense or passionate dislike for ISU football

homes

Thought I'd go with the definition since the actual word is frowned upon this week. I hope the Hawks put a good ol' fashioned rump roasting on the Clones this Saturday, and stop [little kitty]-footing around with this second rate program. Nice that ISU is going to have a moment of silence for Tyler Sash, but my guess is that he'd say, thanks, but it's time to kick some a$$.

I hate the clowns with a passion. I hope they run up the score on them.The clowns should be punished and stomped to thr ground!

Ya know, It isn't hate that I feel for isu as much as it is apathy. But this week I get so tired of hearing clown fans chirping that I almost hate them.

And for that, they must beaten. Physically and mentally.

Yeah, idk why but this year I feel so much hatred towards that team. They act as if they're the big brother and we're little brother. Let's not get it twisted ISU you will ALWAYS be little brother, or sister.

Honestly, I don't get the hate stuff. It's more irritation than hate. Let's face it...this is historically one of the worst football teams in college football history. They have won 5, 6, 6, 3, and 2 games the past five years. In school history, they have 3 total bowl game wins. We shouldn't hate, we should pity...and certainly not empathize.

Your hate is displaced as what you are really experiencing is a shock to your system that Iowa has actually lost to them in 3 of the last five years or 4 of 7...or something like that. Your hate is displaced. Hmmm...who's feet should this hate be placed?

To be Hawkeye is to be optimistic...I'm optimistic that KF has been to the promised land and has seen the light. Step one was last Saturday in his 12 step process of redemption. Amen brother.

Honestly, I don't get the hate stuff. It's more irritation than hate. Let's face it...this is historically one of the worst football teams in college football history. They have won 5, 6, 6, 3, and 2 games the past five years. In school history, they have 3 total bowl game wins. We shouldn't hate, we should pity...and certainly not empathize.

Your hate is displaced as what you are really experiencing is a shock to your system that Iowa has actually lost to them in 3 of the last five years or 4 of 7...or something like that. Your hate is displaced. Hmmm...who's feet should this hate be placed?

To be Hawkeye is to be optimistic...I'm optimistic that KF has been to the promised land and has seen the light. Step one was last Saturday in his 12 step process of redemption. Amen brother.
My intense or passionate dislike is not an exclusive feeling I have for ISU football; however, I do not pity them, that would mean I have some empathy for them. That, I do not. It's just this week, I prefer to channel in one direction.

Yeah, idk why but this year I feel so much hatred towards that team. They act as if they're the big brother and we're little brother. Let's not get it twisted ISU you will ALWAYS be little brother, or sister.
So let me get this right.....you hate them because they are acting like Hawkeye fans.

So let me get this right.....you hate them because they are acting like Hawkeye fans.
For the Hawkeyes, it's not an act; for the Cyclones, it is. There are certain truths in this world, this is one of them.

You nailed it man. They are so bad that I actually feel sorry for them. The fact that Iowa loses to them more than they should is an annoyance that should be focused not on ISU but on Iowa and it's staff. A focused Iowa team should never lose to ISU or at least win 15+ for every loss. When was the last time ISU was actually favored in a game against Iowa? Iowa may not be the most talented team in the country but they are still light years ahead of ISU. Last year when the game was over, I was not upset with ISU winning the game. Rather I was furious at KF for letting them even hang around in the game. I felt like it may have been his worst loss as a head coach. Iowa wasn't great last year but calling ISU a train wreck would be a disservice to train wrecks.

I'd save the trash talking for post game. Iowa doesn't have a good recent record other than the two Stanzi years and then 2013. I'm not one that finds losing to a team and then saying well we are still better than you too appealing. It's kind of like a kid running their mouth even after they just got their rear end beat. If we are better we should win. I do believe Iowa will win this one by 10 points. I hope ISU wins every game thereafter and as an Iowa fan you should want the same as it helps out with the strength of schedule calculation, and also who the hell wants to see Texas or Oklahoma beat anybody, including ISU. I want those two schools to get beat as often as possible. In my experience as an Iowa fan (yes dressed in Iowa clothing) attending the last 4 Iowa / ISU games in Ames, the fans have been decent to me and those with me. Maybe it depends on where you tailgate but that is my experience and also the experience in the stands and after games. I will be attending on Saturday also.

To me, they're on the schedule so I hope the Hawks beat them. Iowa is a much higher quality program, with a deeper roster of better players, better facilities and more resources, so, I expect the Hawks should soundly beat them. Like any lesser opponent, it pisses me off when they don't. That's on derKirkFer and the team, not the Clones.

I don't hate any opponent. I do hate losing to some, Iowa State included. Oh, I also like rump roast.

I'd save the trash talking for post game. Iowa doesn't have a good recent record other than the two Stanzi years and then 2013. I'm not one that finds losing to a team and then saying well we are still better than you too appealing. It's kind of like a kid running their mouth even after they just got their rear end beat. If we are better we should win. I do believe Iowa will win this one by 10 points. I hope ISU wins every game thereafter and as an Iowa fan you should want the same as it helps out with the strength of schedule calculation, and also who the hell wants to see Texas or Oklahoma beat anybody, including ISU. I want those two schools to get beat as often as possible. In my experience as an Iowa fan (yes dressed in Iowa clothing) attending the last 4 Iowa / ISU games in Ames, the fans have been decent to me and those with me. Maybe it depends on where you tailgate but that is my experience and also the experience in the stands and after games. I will be attending on Saturday also.

So you think the best team wins every game ever played huh? Myth busters should do a show debunking the upset theory.

I hope ISU wins every game thereafter and as an Iowa fan you should want the same as it helps out with the strength of schedule calculation, and also who the hell wants to see Texas or Oklahoma beat anybody, including ISU.

No, that's not how rivalries work. I will never root for Iowa State to beat ANYONE. I would rather Texas hang 80 on them. The only possible way I would ever cheer for Iowa State is if it is the last game of the season and them beating someone would knock that team out of the playoffs, making way for Iowa, but it is so unlikely that I won't have to worry about it.

I am indifferent towards them, other than this one day of the year. The program is just too pathetic for me to hate them, and I don't feel sorry for them, either. I used to kind of wish them well in B12 conference play, but I just don't care anymore, especially with that embarrassment of an Iowan that they have for a coach. Iowa just needs to spank them this year, like they should, but can't seem to, most years.

I have a deep seated hatred for Iowa State that goes back 30 years or so. I think the reason I hate them is that they are one of the top 10 worst Power 5 football teams in history and try to get people to believe that the Iowa game is not the most important game on their schedule every year. When a team knows that there is virtually no chance of their making a bowl game every year what is left to hang your hat on?
They have, as previously mentioned, Conference USA/MAC level facilities, bush league game day stadium antics, and an AD that seems to think that putting up a billboard announcing that Iowa is the "Cyclone State" near Cedar Rapids makes it true.
If they would start to win some games in their own conference and do something nationally relevant every once in a while I might start respecting them some and not be so very embarrassed when we lose to them.
I'd still hate them though.

Well what fun is that, Nancy?? "Ooooh, I'll wait and see if we win, then I'll pound my chest."

A real fan talks **** now and deals with the consequences later!:cool:

Latest posts