I hate to say it, but

The solution here is do it with online gaming. The virtual NCAA tournament. Fran vs Coach K on the X Box. Would be glorious.

Tough decision by the BT. Do not envy them. The real victims here are the players. The rest of us should just worry about them.

May Madness?
Nope.

There are now teams that would decline the bid if they received one. Trump is about to declare a national emergency. There's talk of closing Disney and the Las Vegas strip.

I'm not down with any of this. But they will be proactive before reactive, if only to save their own face. Basketball games played by 18-22 yrar old men and women don't stand a chance against a well oiled hype machine.

Well this is disappointing. We may have seen Garza play his last game as a Hawkeye.

I hope you all can avoid the virus along with your family and friends.
how sad it would, especially his last shot was him falling backwards and his shot partially blocked and we lose by 2 points

Nope.

There are now teams that would decline the bid if they received one. Trump is about to declare a national emergency. There's talk of closing Disney and the Las Vegas strip.

I'm not down with any of this. But they will be proactive before reactive, if only to save their own face. Basketball games played by 18-22 yrar old men and women don't stand a chance against a well oiled hype machine.

Disney should have been shut down already.

Point being if they wait 2 to 3 months like China did and get a better grip on this thing, the games can be played if they want.

I don't think that's possible. Now you're talking May? We're going to be playing NCAA tourney games during finals, after the date for players to declare for the draft?

I don't think that's possible. Now you're talking May? We're going to be playing NCAA tourney games during finals, after the date for players to declare for the draft?

Fair point but the NBA is the key here. As they push back, the NCAA follows.

They aren't going to cancel their playoffs unless its an absolute last resort. They'll need to start the playoffs by July to finish a normal one and if they go to best of 3 or best of 5 for the first few rounds they could even start later.

Until the playoffs are finished, no NBA draft. So if the NCAA waits until the NBA resumes, their tournament takes 3 weeks. They will be done much sooner than the NBA.

As for finals, baseball players have finals right about the time of their conference tournaments.

Are they cancelling next season already?

I did say “may” meaning if he goes pro. I did have a source contact me today and say his dad want him to stay and finish his degree but he can do that and play pro ball at the same time. Others have done it. I am hoping my source is right but I am skeptical.

how sad it would, especially his last shot was him falling backwards and his shot partially blocked and we lose by 2 points

Let’s hope he comes back for his senior year. But even so it may be mute as this virus could come back with a vengeance next fall even if it tapers off this summer. It sounds like Major League Baseball is hoping it will taper off because they are delaying the start of the season by a couple of weeks.

The cold virus doesn't survive when temperatures are above sixty degrees. It should be in the sixties in a couple of weeks. They probably will announce the pairings and then see how it all shakes out. It seems to thrive in wet cool conditions the most.

It really isn't an overreaction. Please educate yourself on this pandemic for the safety of yourself and others.

I've read quite a bit on this and unless you're older or have a weakened immune system you're not really at risk for more than what will feel like a cold or a case of the flu. In the case of college aged athletes it's extremely unlikely they would become seriously ill. Keeping the crowds away (who are going to be older) is plenty of precaution.

The cold virus doesn't survive when temperatures are above sixty degrees. It should be in the sixties in a couple of weeks. They probably will announce the pairings and then see how it all shakes out. It seems to thrive in wet cool conditions the most.
Did you fact check this? I have not heard or read that anywhere.

Latest posts