I hate to say it, but

ForeverHawk

I think all conference tournament games and NCAA tournament are going to be cancelled altogether. This has turned into a major shizz show!

once a player from any team turns up with it I think they’ll shut it down as well, just like the NBA did last night.

I am all for taking appropriate precautions, but I think having no crowds at the game is sufficient enough to minimize the risk of playing.

Because those players are not going to isolate themselves if not playing basketball. They are going to go down to the ped mall and hang out with hundreds of other students. They are going to keep working out and probably playing pick up games. These activities have just as likely a change of contracting and spreading the virus as playing a game.

I admit selfishly I want the tournament to be played because it is great entertainment, and I think some of these cancellations are overboard just for P.R. purposes. I mean, my kids are still going to school with hundreds of other kids, I'm still at work and going to meetings with 10-15 people crammed into a conference room. So if most of us can go about our daily jobs/life, then why can't games be played (assuming the coaches/players are OK with playing)?

I heard from someone close to the situation at McDonalds last night that Iowa State isn't going to play baseball this spring.

Also heard they cancelled the remainder of the basketball season and will be watching the post season from their couches to protect the safety and well being of their fans and student athletes.

I think all conference tournament games and NCAA tournament are going to be cancelled altogether. This has turned into a major shizz show!
God I hope not but it is entirely possible. I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make that decision.

It doesn't have to be a cancellation. They're already talking about moving regionals and the Final 4 to smaller venues in those host cities. If they postpone for a couple months they'll be able to find sites willing to host all NCAA games. It may not be in the huge stadiums that they are currently scheduled in put cities will be lining up, even on short notice to host those games.

If they want they could even resume the conference tournaments at a campus site.

Point being if they wait 2 to 3 months like China did and get a better grip on this thing, the games can be played if they want.

Said in the other thread I think the "non profit" NCAA is very dependent on the basketball tournament revenue. They get billions from CBS for broadcasting rights. They will do everything possible to keep the tournament going.

Once a player or coach ends up with coronavirus though, its all over.

This is where those practice all American's will shine. You know the guys that are lights out when no one's there to watch them and the coaches can't figure out how they're knocking everything down day in and day out and then throw up nothing but clunkers when there's butt's in the seats. No butts in the seats, no worries.

Can you imagine being any NCAA player and having the NCAA Tournament cancelled and the season is just over like that? All that hard work you put into the season ends with a giant thud. It would be like having no closer tot he basketball season

Require all the players, coaches, trainers etc. from all teams possibly being considered for the Dance to test for it. Make a decision from there.

Can you imagine being any NCAA player and having the NCAA Tournament cancelled and the season is just over like that? All that hard work you put into the season ends with a giant thud. It would be like having no closer tot he basketball season

This is the worst part of it, especially for seniors.

Latest posts