I hate to admit this but warming to the NBA

EddyP

Started watching the playoffs because I made a promise to Steelers coach avatar guy that I would give it a shot. And I always follow through with promises made to anonymous dudes on message boards. But, I have to admit I am enjoying watching some of these games. The Bulls/Pacers and Knicks/Celts games have been great. Granted, my son is really into it and there is nothing else to watch but I may have to eat some crow and admit I (kind of, sort of) like the NBA....PLAYOFFS mind you. Sorry Spank. Again, this is a work in progress, taking it day by day.

Started watching the playoffs because I made a promise to Steelers coach avatar guy that I would give it a shot. And I always follow through with promises made to anonymous dudes on message boards. But, I have to admit I am enjoying watching some of these games. The Bulls/Pacers and Knicks/Celts games have been great. Granted, my son is really into it and there is nothing else to watch but I may have to eat some crow and admit I (kind of, sort of) like the NBA....PLAYOFFS mind you. Sorry Spank. Again, this is a work in progress, taking it day by day.

I had a Tomlin avatar for a longtime, but changed it back in november when the Steelers got smoked by new england. Not sure if you are referring to me or not.........regardless these playoff games have been entertaining.

Ugh. I've watched bits and pieces but the only redeeming value of the NBA right now is Derrick Rose. The refs are horrible and the complaining is even worse. I told myself tonight I won't watch another NBA game this year after watching part of the magic game. Not good basketball.

I have a hard time getting excited about the NBA.

It's really hard to believe that I love basketball so much but usually am totally indifferent towards the NBA.

The only time I really care is if I pull for a team to beat another team who has a guy I don't like.

"Not good basketball."

It's ok to not like the NBA, but that is just not true. Outside of a few late-game lapses, the basketball has been very good.

The reffing isn't perfect, but certainly not worse than NCAA officiating.

I call it bad basketball because for the most part it's a 1 on 1 game or teams just chucking 3s. Just not a brand that I enjoy.

The best teams play team basketball,just like in college. The Celts,especially,execute like a machine on offense,with the open guy getting the shot.

It is going to be an epic playoffs....I will watch as many games as possible. If you like basketball, you cannot like the NBA playoffs. It is the best players in the world,with the top coaches in the game...locked in 7 game series where adjustments are made qtr to qtr,game to game...

I still like the college game,mainly due to the Hawks,but the skill level in the NBA is just so superior,it is amazing. They do not call fouls in the NBA,so every bucket has to be earned,especially in the paint.

This has been a phenomenal season for the NBA. There was legitimately at least one good game every night down the stretch. They need to avoid a lockout and continue the momentum. There was a time (2004-2007) where the quality of play was absolutely horrendous, but now? Oh man, its amazing. For the guy who says "not good basketball," you obviously don't watch.

I've always liked college basketball and still do, but did anyone watch the tourney closely? Exciting? Heck Yes. Quality? Heck no.

Do yourself a favor and watch Denver v OKC. scoring, scoring, and more scoring...and Durantula.the Hornets v Lakers tomorrow and JUST watch Chris Paul. The dude (abides) controls the game like a puppet master....best pure point guard in the league. (Rose is still MVP though.) And then watch the Hornets v Lakers tomorrow and JUST watch Chris Paul. The dude (abides) controls the game like a puppet master....best pure point guard in the league. (Rose is still MVP though.) I'd say the league is closer to those great late 80s/early 90s teams, where the game was being played at a high level. (aka Lakers, Pistons, Celtics, Hawks, Bulls, Sixers, Bucks and on and on)

Hopefully Stern sends me a check for the advertisement I just made.

I call it bad basketball because for the most part it's a 1 on 1 game or teams just chucking 3s. Just not a brand that I enjoy.

What the hell do you call college basketball then? The NBA playoffs so far have been superior to the NCAA tournament and it will only get better. The quality of basketball is so far superior to the NCAA's it is laughable. This is the golden era of the NBA so I would catch it while you can.

What the hell do you call college basketball then? The NBA playoffs so far have been superior to the NCAA tournament and it will only get better. The quality of basketball is so far superior to the NCAA's it is laughable. This is the golden era of the NBA so I would catch it while you can.

I agree that college ball can be just as much of a 1-on-1 game or just chucking threes. First-name sensations Kemba and Jimmer are proof enough of that.

Not sure this is the golden era of the NBA, though. I think that era ended almost 15 years ago.

I'm not a fan of the NBA regular season, but I do watch during the playoffs. Still prefer March Madness, but the NBA playoffs are fun to watch, too.

True, the golden era of the NBA was the mid-80s through the mid-90s. That said, there is something of a resurgance right now. And I am absolutely convinced anybody who thinks there is just bad basketball going on right now isn't paying attention.

The level of athleticism is insane in the NBA. I love the playoffs after the first round, but there are even some good series' going now! It blows my mind how bad of a defensive team NY is though. They just don't care and give the NBA a bad name for defense.

Ugh. I've watched bits and pieces but the only redeeming value of the NBA right now is Derrick Rose. The refs are horrible and the complaining is even worse. I told myself tonight I won't watch another NBA game this year after watching part of the magic game. Not good basketball.

Have to agree with Hawkeye11 on this one. I swore off the NBA a few years ago and would rather be out fishing, but with the crappy weather of late, I have tried to watch a few games. Officiating is abyssmal. Egos are out of control and after watching 5 minutes of the Thuggets and their tatted band of freaks, I gave up on that series.Seriously, have you seen Anderson aka The Bridman's throat tatts?

Rose has been fun to watch, as has the Knicks-Celtics series for the nostalgia, but seeing executives sitting in leather reclines courtside at TD Boston Garden or whathever the hell it is called is repugnant. The NBA stopped being about basketball after MJ, Magic, Bird, etc. left.

The level of athleticism is insane in the NBA. I love the playoffs after the first round, but there are even some good series' going now! It blows my mind how bad of a defensive team NY is though. They just don't care and give the NBA a bad name for defense.

This is what D'Antoni does. It's how his old teams in Phoenix were. Try to outscore the opponents by putting up 110+ and play very little D.
The NBA is becoming very relevant again. There are so many exciting young players: Durant, Westbrook, Rose, Griffin, etc. And then many players that lots of people love to hate: Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, Ginobli, etc.
It is excellent basketball, if you don't think so you are not watching. I have watched a lot of NBA lately and the product is good. Some people just can't get into I guess.
As a side not, I want to see the Bulls come out tomorrow and put it to Indiana and wrap up the series. The 2 close games to start the series were making me a little nervous.

Have to agree with Hawkeye11 on this one. I swore off the NBA a few years ago and would rather be out fishing, but with the crappy weather of late, I have tried to watch a few games. Officiating is abyssmal. Egos are out of control and after watching 5 minutes of the Thuggets and their tatted band of freaks, I gave up on that series.Seriously, have you seen Anderson aka The Bridman's throat tatts?

Rose has been fun to watch, as has the Knicks-Celtics series for the nostalgia, but seeing executives sitting in leather reclines courtside at TD Boston Garden or whathever the hell it is called is repugnant. The NBA stopped being about basketball after MJ, Magic, Bird, etc. left.

I get a kick out of The Birdman, hands down, the ugliest man in the NBA.

This is what D'Antoni does. It's how his old teams in Phoenix were. Try to outscore the opponents by putting up 110+ and play very little D.
The NBA is becoming very relevant again. There are so many exciting young players: Durant, Westbrook, Rose, Griffin, etc. And then many players that lots of people love to hate: Kobe, LeBron, Dirk, Ginobli, etc.
It is excellent basketball, if you don't think so you are not watching. I have watched a lot of NBA lately and the product is good. Some people just can't get into I guess.
As a side not, I want to see the Bulls come out tomorrow and put it to Indiana and wrap up the series. The 2 close games to start the series were making me a little nervous.

True true. I think a perfect finals for ratings and great basketball would be Lakers vs Bulls.

After watching the NCAA tournament, you should have a real appreciation for the NBA. The talent level is so ridiculously high in the league. The team defense by some of these teams is amazing. It's also nice to see good coaching again, and teams that can actually execute a set out of a time out as opposed to watching someone dribble around and jack up a three every possesion.

Latest posts