I hate to admit this but warming to the NBA

Some fans have opined that they are playing better without Gay,which is hard to imagine. Still, he might have monopolized the ball too much,and guys like Battier play smarter ball...and get it to the big boys more often.
Whatever,they have been playing great ball the last month or so.
With Zach,Gasol,and Arthur,they are big and athletic.
Conley is outplaying Parker. Allen is the gritty crazy dude you need to defend.
And even Mayo seems to be playing team ball lately.

Then later, the Nuggets squeak by the Thunder in another crazy,wild game.
Westbrook is supremely talented but gets too full of his game,and forgets his job sometimes. Durant should get the ball virtually every time down in the last few minutes. But,when Westbrook settles down,along with Durant,Harden,and the fast rising Ibaka...and Perkins and Sefalosha...insanely talented team that could be the new Spurs with 4-5 rings someday.

These are absolutely the best NBA first round series in recent memory. You know the Blazers will push that series to 7 with the Mavs.

Having OJ and Rudy on the court together was not good for the Grizz from a defensive standpoint. But, they are both gifted offensively. OJ seems to have embraced his roll as bench scorer and the defensive grind mentality seems to be setting in some. It will be interesting to see if Rudy can grind when he gets back. Because that is what this team is doing. They are just relentless.

How much did the Grizz luck out that the Mayo to Indiana deal fell through because they didn't get it called in on time? Pretty amazing that they were that close to not having him.

How much did the Grizz luck out that the Mayo to Indiana deal fell through because they didn't get it called in on time? Pretty amazing that they were that close to not having him.

I cannot remember who the Pacers were giving up in that failed trade.
If it was Paul George,it would have been a mistake...George is playing his arse off in the Bulls series and has a very high upside himself.

The Bulls made a play for Mayo also, and while he would have been better than Bogans,not sure he shoots well enough to really space the floor.
Seems like a headcase,but maybe he is maturing.

I was thinking about those UCLA teams that made back to back Final Fours...Collison,Westbrook,Affalo and Luc Moute....no wonder they were so good. Ton of NBA players on that team.

Wonder if the Grizz will end up regretting that big contract to Rudy? Isn't Gasol a free agent this summer? Hope the Bulls make a play for him...Noah can move to power forward.

Last edited:
If it was Paul George,it would have been a mistake...George is playing his arse off in the Bulls series and has a very high upside himself.

The Bulls made a play for Mayo also, and while he would have been better than Bogans,not sure he shoots well enough to really space the floor.

I was thinking about those UCLA teams that made back to back Final Fours...Collison,Westbrook,Affalo and Luc Moute....no wonder they were so good. Ton of NBA players on that team.

Wonder if the Grizz will end up regretting that big contract to Rudy? Isn't Gasol a free agent this summer? Hope the Bulls make a play for him...Noah can move to power forward.

Yeah, it's no wonder why UCLA has went through this little slump after three straight final fours, look at all the NBA talent they have lost early to the draft. Jordan Farmer, Kevin Love, Jrue Holiday (although he wasn't actually on a final four team) all left early too.

The Bulls aren't going to be going after Gasol this summer. They already have their front court set with Noah, Boozer and Deng. Their main priority will be finding a two guard.

It would have been for Josh McRoberts and a first round pick.

Memphis Grizzlies' trade of O.J. Mayo to Indiana Pacers falls apart - ESPN

I have been loving the playoffs actually. Rose and the Bulls are just finding ways to win and they have yet to play a complete game. Spurs are choking big time, love it. Lakers are in a battle. Celtics knocked out Knicks with great play by Allen, Pierce and Garnet. Its been fun!

Yeah, it's no wonder why UCLA has went through this little slump after three straight final fours, look at all the NBA talent they have lost early to the draft. Jordan Farmer, Kevin Love, Jrue Holiday (although he wasn't actually on a final four team) all left early too.

The Bulls aren't going to be going after Gasol this summer. They already have their front court set with Noah, Boozer and Deng. Their main priority will be finding a two guard.

I agree finding another guard should be a priority., Bogans has done good but we need more production. His defense though is pretty dang good. Which I think is why the bulls love him so much.

Wish they could have pulled off that Courtney Lee trade without having to give up Asik....Lee would have been a nice complement to DRose....maybe this summer?

Gasol is restricted. Z Bo re-signed under the team's promise to resign Gasol to a long term deal. That will probably require moving Mayo and unfortunately will make it virtually impossible to resign Arthur when that time comes, but it should solidify the team for a couple of years at least.

Latest posts