I believe we're essentially down to a one-game season....

Not really a tease Costanza; I really had a class starting at that time. Anyhow, I'm free now and can say more. I will use a couple of names and not a couple of others since some of the people involved are good friends and don't need the hassle. Some years ago Tressle roled the dice with Clarett. Basically let him get away with anything he wanted. Missed classes, missed practice, practiced @ less than 100%, lived off campus, etc. Anything....Fast forward to today and TP. If you know any Buckeye fans ask them why Tim Spencer left town. Last week there was a very uncomfortable situation in the pressbox when a VERY VERY important Buck booster told Gene Smith that changes must be made immediately. This person is a very famous Buck alum; known by everyone. This person has the power to change things; he has before. It is known in Columbus that TP is on a trip of his own; doesn't do the weights with the team, blames the recievers for his problems ( you could see that during the game against Purdue) and other things that I will not bring up because of my relationship with people in the program. What I will say is that the locker room is probably right now just the 180 from what you would find in the Hawk locker room. If Penn State does the Bucks, the next week could be the best time ever to face the Bucks in Columbus.

Wow! If you are Ohio State fan, something like this can't make you very excited! Let's hope it all boils over in about 3 1/2 weeks when the Hawkeyes take care of business!

The Biggest game this season for the Hawkeyes - is the next one!!!!!!

Early Prediction.......Iowa 23-17

I think a huge key this weekend, as always, will be how well Iowa can get the running game going. MSU seems to have a fairly good defense against the run so keeping the D honest with an effective dose of Robinson/Wegher.

As far as the defense goes, if Blair White is contained, I like our chances to do well against the MSU offense.

Is it just the hawks,or is the road factor less thruout the big ten and college football this year? IU went to Michigan and should have won in the Big House. Iowa went to PSU and Wisky and won. The Hawks have not played great in Kinnick this year outside of the Arizona game. This is why I think IU and NW and even Minny are going to come into Kinnick and play with no awe or fear. And that is why the Hawks will go to MSU and play the same way and hopefully to the Shoe also.

Just win this week,Hawks, and I like our chances,but I will never forget 1990 when the Hawks were 6-0 in the league, then lost the last two, yet because Michigan beat OSU, we slipped into a tie and went to the Rose Bowl. Strange stuff happens the last few weeks as teams mature or give up.

I just hope the team doesn't feel the same! Two of the five teams left beat us last year one beat us in our own stadium. I believe we are a very well coached team that executes at a pretty high level, and I think we've taken some teams best shot. Hopefully that type of experience will carry us through the rest of the year and probably into those to come.

Yes, there are so many games left to be played.

But could you imagine the emotions (bad) if Iowa is 11-0 with Minnesota coming to Kinnick and somehow Eric Decker pulls a James Hardy and we lost that game.

Latest posts