I believe that JVB is the worst QB in the B1G.

BSpringsteen

Considering that he is a Senior. Sure, he might be a bit beyond some of the younger guys, but they have time on their side.

Can you honestly say that you wouldn't prefer any other QB in the league to JVB?

He has no awareness of the game around him.

The 3rd and long where he threw it short to a WR that was extremely well covered is a prime example.

You are at midfield. Throw the ball into the endzone. If it gets picked, its a punt. You need to know that.

The first interception. That was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen in a football game...

until...

the second interception.

This team is going nowhere fast, and if Jake Ruddock isn't at least as good as JVB is right now, than we are in real trouble for the next few years as well.

I think JVB is a product of being "over coached." Happened to Stanzi in his senior year to when they tried to coach the interceptions out of him. This new system is not good for JVB.

I think JVB is a product of being "over coached." Happened to Stanzi in his senior year to when they tried to coach the interceptions out of him. This new system is not good for JVB.

If he was highly effective last year, I would agree.

He has some ability obviously, but he isn't a B1G caliber QB... the game moves too fast for him.

bad start(apples) and skill(oranges)

Two games does not make a season, wait till at least December to say he sucks

If JVB plays another game like a freshman where he is unaware, confused, and not effective, then why not put the real freshman in the game.

I would be a lot easier to accept first year player Rudock playing this way thaN our fifth year senior.

Get warmed up Jake....

JVB made some huge mistakes out there, but let's be honest, he didn't exactly get a lot of help from his receivers either. The interceptions were on JVB. Both were just terrible decisions. He had CJ wide open over the middle on the first int when he decided to lob it up downfield instead of going through his progressions. The second int was just not a ball that should ever be thrown in that situation.

My point is, JVB shouldn't shoulder all of the blame. He hit his receivers in the hands or chest multiple times and they failed to come through for him. CJ and Shumpert look like they have potential, but potential means nothing if you can't turn it on under the lights. It really looked as if they were overwhelmed by the pressure.

Considering that he is a Senior. Sure, he might be a bit beyond some of the younger guys, but they have time on their side.

Can you honestly say that you wouldn't prefer any other QB in the league to JVB?

He has no awareness of the game around him.

The 3rd and long where he threw it short to a WR that was extremely well covered is a prime example.

You are at midfield. Throw the ball into the endzone. If it gets picked, its a punt. You need to know that.

The first interception. That was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen in a football game...

until...

the second interception.

This team is going nowhere fast, and if Jake Ruddock isn't at least as good as JVB is right now, than we are in real trouble for the next few years as well.

JVB did NOT have a good game, but...

1) How many drops were there? Even on some decently defended/covered plays, good pass-catchers make those plays.

2) The last INT by Knot was a GREAT play by Knott. But...why the need to pass there? Play-calling could have been better. When we had to settle for second FG, first- and second-down plays should have been roll-out types, not wait until 3rd down. And OL simply didn't get it done on the run play to Bullock on 1st down.

3) JVB DID seem to shake off the drops and bad throws. But when we went for it on 4th on our second-to-last possession, we should have punted. It would have been darn near the only time we would have put our D in good starting position.

JVB is not playing well right now. But our punting needs to get a LOT better, and the drops have to get cured in a SERIOUS hurry.

JVB is what he is, but he has nothing to work with. We have the worst offensive skill position players I can recall since KFs first year. As bad as he played it wad still good enough to get the job done. We dropped game winning TD pass in the end zone.

It's a combination of things... bad recievers and bad play calling.

However there is no doubt JVB is struggling.

JVB has the skills. They are just not getting the job done at the moment. This still the same guy that threw for over 3,000 yards last year.

seriously dive off a mountain. we lose 1 game and you guys act like all hope is lost. this season will be a battle like all other years. but you guys seriously need to stop the doomsday talk after one loss.

seriously dive off a mountain. we lose 1 game and you guys act like all hope is lost. this season will be a battle like all other years. but you guys seriously need to stop the doomsday talk after one loss.

1 TD in 2 games. Do you honestly think things are OK? What has the offense shown you so far to make you think they will turn it around? I was hopeful things would change after Northern Illinois shut down the passing game. Fast forward to Iowa State and they shut down the run and pass.

Sorry but things are not right here. The defense looks great but the offense is about as bad as I've seen under Ferentz.

The skill, the intelligence is there, better athlete than people give him credit for yet something is missing. Feel, awareness is just not what you would like it to be.

Latest posts