I believe Oglesby may have just won a game for Iowa?

I'm glad he hit those shots. I was dead set on writing my feature on May after the first 12 minutes of the game, but he was really behind the scenes after that. Oglesby's daggers bailed me out big time (although he's not a very good quote, I got a pretty good one from Olaseni for that story).

That said, I'm still not sold. I'm certainly glad he hit those shots tonight, and it was great to see him finally have one of those moments. I hope he has many more just like them. But he's still not the guy I'd go to with the game on the line. Give me Marble any day of the week, especially with the way he's been playing these past couple weeks.

IMO we struggle shooting the ball and scoring in a half court setting. If putting JO on the court helps stretch the defense regardless of whether he's making shots or not, I think that benefits the entire team.

This is a big thing that people just don't understand...

But luckily Fran and the people who matter do

Well you're doing exactly the same thing you're berating others for doing. You're posting the same thoughts and opinions over and over again. That's what I mean by harassing. Someone posts a JO thread and within a hour you're on there chastising them for doing so. You admit Josh hasn't played well this season, but you get upset because other people keep repeating that. Forgive me, but I just don't understand your logic. In some ways you're agreeing with the majority. You just don't want people to keep mentioning it. Do you have multiple personalities?

I am not berating anyone. It is silly to say he has been more negative than positive this season. He has made huge strides defensively, but just as big of set back in his shooting that said, if the only thing he is doing poorly is shooting, I am good with that, it is something that should come. It is funny to see a kid go either 2/5 or 2/6 depending how the shot at the end of the first half was put in the box score and people still talk and point out his misses. Harp on the shooting all you want, JO is a better player this year from last year. Iowa as a team is an awful shooting squad, but JO is the player that apparently is the aole cause of it all...guess again.

Multiple personalities...maybe...bat crap crazy...yes...good day sir ;)

So only Josh' 2 3 pointers were the only 2 possessions that mattered for the game? those 2 shots did not win the game, they may have put a nail in the coffin. Essentially ending the game, but not winning it.

Gabe's 6 blocked shots may have had something to do with winning, or the other 6 the team had. the multiple shot clock violations may have had something to do with it. Marble taking over in the second half. etc. etc. etc.

I am quite critical of his play, but what i saw tonight was a team/coaches that were quite excited for him to make those *****. I don't think it had much to do with the timing of the game or anything, just that he is a great teammate that works hard everyday.

After reading the first page of this thread. I would have to agree it was a team win. A lot of guys stepped up at different times and got it done. GO HAWKS

After reading the first page of this thread. I would have to agree it was a team win. A lot of guys stepped up at different times and got it done. GO HAWKS

Exactly and JO hit two huge shots to not win, but seal the game going from a 2-pt lead to 8-pt lead in two possessions just took the air out of Illinois. JO stepped at a time when others outside of Marble were hitting anything. Maybe that was his moment...he wanted the ball on the second shot it was good to see him want the ball and not hesitate and hit the shot...just perfect timing on a night where the bench was huge.

Those two shots by JO turned back the run that the Illini were making at the end of the game. The exact same kind of run that has cost the Hawks so many games this season. By that measure, I would say "yes, Ogelsby won the game for Iowa". If he had not connected on those two shots, I could easily see this board being in full meltdown reviewing another game the Hawks lost after leading nearly the entire game.

JO sucks. He's the worst 3 point shooter in the country. And that's not an opinion, it's a fact backed by his shooting percentage. He gets wide open looks and misses them badly.

BUT, last night he made two huge threes. Hopefully those give him confidence to at least be an average shooter.

Don't want to be the Debbie downer here but up until he made the second one he was losing the game for Iowa so I would say he was a key factor at the end but RDM & Gabe won it IMO.

And not to mention he still shot 3-9 or something close to that AND...I believe I heard the announcers say he has the worst shooting field goal percent in the country! But you should see this clanker in practice! He goes eight for ten with the big ball!

If you shoot enough you are bound to make a couple and a couple of them are going to be at crucial times. Overall he is shooting terrible and as a result should have less shots. Having the worst fg percentage in the country is not helping the team.

If you shoot enough you are bound to make a couple and a couple of them are going to be at crucial times. Overall he is shooting terrible and as a result should have less shots. Having the worst fg percentage in the country is not helping the team.

Iowa is one of the worst shooting teams period...I know Oglesby isn't helping the cause, but he is far from the only problem.

Iowa is one of the worst shooting teams period...I know Oglesby isn't helping the cause, but he is far from the only problem.

Good point, but he is SUPPOSE to be our best shooter. He's in the game soley because he's SUPPOSE to be a sharp shooter. Aaron White may only shoot 25% from 3 point range but he's a great rebounder and gets a ton of steal. He is in the game because of other things he does, not b/c of his shot. Oglesby is only in b/c he is SUPPOSE to be a shooter

Good point, but he is SUPPOSE to be our best shooter. He's in the game soley because he's SUPPOSE to be a sharp shooter. Aaron White may only shoot 25% from 3 point range but he's a great rebounder and gets a ton of steal. He is in the game because of other things he does, not b/c of his shot. Oglesby is only in b/c he is SUPPOSE to be a shooter

That's why Fran keeps putting him in there hoping he can find it... we need someone who can and we have no other hopes.

Really find it funny that people get so caught up on his fg% -yeah he has struggled but its in his head. If he can find it then it would make us x10 better and thats why Fran keeps giving him a shot.

Just because he is supposed to be doesn't mean he is...let me know when he has proven it. He hit two big ones last night, I am happy about that just want to see more before I pee myself.

White was supposed to be a better shooter as well...hasn't shown up yet either.

My point is that people focus on JO, but not others that can't hit the broadside of a barn from distance, it is a team failure.

Latest posts