I believe Oglesby may have just won a game for Iowa?

JO was 1-5 in the first half. He finally hits a couple of shots and people think hes winning games now. Marble was 10-10 at the line with 21 points. The guy that go's 3-9 won the game for us. He is shooting the worst in the country. The clanging noise when he shoots is ratteling my windows!

JO was 1-5 in the first half. He finally hits a couple of shots and people think hes winning games now. Marble was 10-10 at the line with 21 points. The guy that go's 3-9 won the game for us. He is shooting the worst in the country. The clanging noise when he shoots is ratteling my windows!

He hit two shots when Iowa really needed them...I am not saying he won the game, but he hit two high pressure shots that he hasn't hit in the past. That is why people are actually happy, but the haters keep hating not a surprise there though given the 7,510 threads about him this season.

He did the same thing in the Purdue game at Carver. I believe they cut it to 2 points with time running out and Josh hits the HUGE three to seal the V.....

He hit two shots when Iowa really needed them...I am not saying he won the game, but he hit two high pressure shots that he hasn't hit in the past. That is why people are actually happy, but the haters keep hating not a surprise there though given the 7,510 threads about him this season.

Some people are hating to a certain degree. I would agree with that. However, if you asked Josh if he thinks he's had a good season what do you think he'd say? I have a feeling he'd say he was hoping he could have made much more of an impact. I've just noticed you sticking up for him all along. Part of me can appreciate that, but at the same time part of me wonders if you know the kid personally or something because he hasn't had a very good season. Plain and simple. Hawkeye fans want to see their so-called sharpshooter hit shots and he hasn't done that consistently whatsoever this year. Maybe you call that hating, but I call it calling a spade a spade and I have a feeling Josh would as well.

Should make you happy...you were calling for more JO than anyone in the past.

How many times you gonna post this dude? YES. I WANTED HIM TO PLAY MORE LAST YEAR. HOWEVER, after watching him for over a year now clank 3 after 3 after 3 after 3, I think one is allowed to change his opinion?

Team win but the best part, other than beating Illannoy, was the reaction of the bench after JO's second three went down.
Gotta believe they're pulling for him and remember they see what Fran and the staff see in practice that NOBOBY here sees.
I thought the reaction showed that they know how good he's been in practice and have more faith in him than Hawk fans do.

Some people are hating to a certain degree. I would agree with that. However, if you asked Josh if he thinks he's had a good season what do you think he'd say? I have a feeling he'd say he was hoping he could have made much more of an impact. I've just noticed you sticking up for him all along. Part of me can appreciate that, but at the same time part of me wonders if you know the kid personally or something because he hasn't had a very good season. Plain and simple. Hawkeye fans want to see their so-called sharpshooter hit shots and he hasn't done that consistently whatsoever this year. Maybe you call that hating, but I call it calling a spade a spade and I have a feeling Josh would as well.

spot on. bravo.

If you honestly believe JO was losing the game for Iowa before he hit those two then you have no clue...sorry, but that just makes no sense...maybe if you said White, which I wouldn't agree with either, but really?

Yeah dude I'm real! He made 1 shot up until those two 3 pointers and he was just average on defense. He had a negative impact on the game up until those two made threes. Are you the one being real right now?

I like JO and I hope he finds his shot but I can't believe you're asking if I'm real...

Yeah dude I'm real! He made 1 shot up until those two 3 pointers and he was just average on defense. He had a negative impact on the game up until those two made threes. Are you the one being real right now?

I like JO and I hope he finds his shot but I can't believe you're asking if I'm real...

You must have been watching another game, bro....

No kidding.....

You don't know a thing about basketball if you don't know that he won the game for us with those two threes in a row at the most critical time in the game......

Trust me I agree with you...but there it makes no sense to continue to get all over him after he hit two huge shots...throw the kid a bone ffs. I don't know him or have ever met him and I am sure he isn't happy with his season...that isn't enough for this group though...

I have called for his minutes to go to Ingram or May, just not after every flipping game like some or every missed shot.

Thank you for proving my point...was the impact of White positive or negative?

So it will change again next year...

WTF is your problem my friend? Tell you what. Get back to me after we see 3, 4, 5 games where JO hits a MEANINGFUL shot or two. And by the way. 3-9 still isnt exactly "sharp shooting" material. I've got NOTHING against the kid, but, enough is enough already. After awhile stats simply dont lie. Kinda seems I'm not exactly in the minority on this board.

Trust me I agree with you...but there it makes no sense to continue to get all over him after he hit two huge shots...throw the kid a bone ffs. I don't know him or have ever met him and I am sure he isn't happy with his season...that isn't enough for this group though...

I have called for his minutes to go to Ingram or May, just not after every flipping game like some or every missed shot.
He has missed 121 shoots this year I dont think there has been that many threads about him

Thank you for proving my point...was the impact of White positive or negative?

I was commenting on the OP. What's the OP about? Is it about Aaron White? No.

But since you asked... I would say White's impact on the game was neither negative or positive. He was kind of just there.

He's not winning games, just this one. Iowa is up by two. Shot clock running down and he nails a three. If he misses and Illinois goes down and scores, the tenor of that game swings and the outcome would most likely is different. Then, many would be on here pizzing and moaning about how JO lost the game and how this team has no mental toughness. So I am giving credit where credit is due. He then came back down and buried the the nail in the coffin with another. If he would have made the third in a row, the roof would have exploded off CHA. Dev had a great game, no doubt about this, but JO clenched it tonight!

No sir what makes no since is you coming on a message board after a game, and decide to harass people for posting their thoughts. There's a reason people have posted a lot of threads on Josh. He hasn't played well. Like you said, he would probably tell you that. When you play for the Hawkeyes in the state of Iowa there is gonna be scrutiny. He knows that. He's an Iowa kid and Hawk fans want to see him do well. There's been all this hype about his shooting ability, and it just hasn't consistently carried over to games for whatever reason. This is a place where people come to share their thoughts on a game. The Hawks have lost some nail-biters this year and Josh's shooting could have made a huge difference in several of those games, as it did tonight I might add. It's your own fault if you get all bent out of shape because Josh's play during games has let people down.

Like I said before, it was great to see him hit those shots tonight. Happy for the kid.

Latest posts