I believe Oglesby may have just won a game for Iowa?

"Believe" what ever gets ya thru - we all have opinions. But I believe you'd be wrong.

Dev Marble won the game for Iowa. Oglesby did enough to not lose the game.

That is all.

"Believe" what ever gets ya thru - we all have opinions. But I believe you'd be wrong.

That is all.

Woody had a decent game, but Marble....yes.

I still love Woodbury's progress. He played well. Missed the one bunny, but was a factor on the offensive end. Pass the kool-aid. I will have another win on Saturday.

That is all.

I agree with this - tonight was all about timing. Let's say he goes 2 for 7, but the 2 were made earlier in the game and misses both of those back to back and allows Illinois to get closer - It would be another few days of HN posters beating him up for missing threes late.

Hopefully, he gets confidence or whatever he needs from this game because he's clearly gonna keep playing like it or not.

Woody had a decent game, but Marble....yes.

Agreed, Woody set the tone. Gabe channelled his inner-Ewing on D. May led. There are 4 guys who get the kudos for this one ahead of JO's 3-9. That's what should be expected from Fran's boy.

JO did win the game... Think about how the game was going. He hit back to back huge three's and made two huge FT's. Marble may have closed the game but JO put them in position to win so I would say he won the game for the hawks.

I still love Woodbury's progress. He played well. Missed the one bunny, but was a factor on the offensive end. Pass the kool-aid. I will have another win on Saturday.

Im not worried about Woody, though id like to see him at least attempt the left or right hook he was hitting in the non-conference. After a few bad games, he doesnt even attempt those shots anymore

Don't want to be the Debbie downer here but up until he made the second one he was losing the game for Iowa so I would say he was a key factor at the end but RDM & Gabe won it IMO.

You know what this did? It allows FM to continue to trot him out there which, probably will not end well. He shot 3-9 tonight. Let's be realistic.

Josh was clutch when he needed to be...hopefully it will boost his confidence and he can start being the sharpshooter Fran and Co. thinks he is.

JO did win the game... Think about how the game was going. He hit back to back huge three's and made two huge FT's. Marble may have closed the game but JO put them in position to win so I would say he won the game for the hawks.

This is a stupid thread.The team won the game. He hit a couple clutch shots, and after the season he's having that was nice to see. However, he's missed a ton of those same shots this year as well. Would you say he lost the game for Iowa in those cases? No, you wouldn't. Very rarely does an individual player win or lose the game for a team, and when they do it's usually a pretty special player. Marble was the closest thing the Hawks had to special tonight.

With that said, it was great to JO hit those shots. This would be a perfect time for him to find his shot, and oh by the way it would also make Fran look pretty smart for sticking with him. I, for one, was ready for his minutes to be given to Eric May and I'm not afraid to admit that.

Don't want to be the Debbie downer here but up until he made the second one he was losing the game for Iowa so I would say he was a key factor at the end but RDM & Gabe won it IMO.

If you honestly believe JO was losing the game for Iowa before he hit those two then you have no clue...sorry, but that just makes no sense...maybe if you said White, which I wouldn't agree with either, but really?

Latest posts