I believe Oglesby may have just won a game for Iowa?

Question for you sportstalent. Why do you disagree with me and think he didn't have a negative impact on the game until he hit those two threes?

No sir what makes no since is you coming on a message board after a game, and decide to harass people for posting their thoughts. There's a reason people have posted a lot of threads on Josh. He hasn't played well. Like you said, he would probably tell you that. When you play for the Hawkeyes in the state of Iowa there is gonna be scrutiny. He knows that. He's an Iowa kid and Hawk fans want to see him do well. There's been all this hype about his shooting ability, and it just hasn't consistently carried over to games for whatever reason. This is a place where people come to share their thoughts on a game. The Hawks have lost some nail-biters this year and Josh's shooting could have made a huge difference in several of those games, as it did tonight I might add. It's your own fault if you get all bent out of shape because Josh's play during games has let people down.

Like I said before, it was great to see him hit those shots tonight. Happy for the kid.

I am not harassing anyone...just sharing thoughts and opinions, Oglesby is not what the difference of Iowa winning or losing, but it would be nice to see him hit more shots can't dispute that.

Between the two daggers tonight and the one at the end of the Purdue game, I think Josh may be having some focus/concentration issues early in games. Odd given his tendency to be an apparent headcase in games that he's been shooting well in the clutch of late, but he has been.

I am not harassing anyone...just sharing thoughts and opinions, Oglesby is not what the difference of Iowa winning or losing, but it would be nice to see him hit more shots can't dispute that.
Dissagree. If you have anyone taking that many shots and missing them that is a big difference in Iowa winning or losing.

My point is he has missed 121 shots. He has made 45. He has hurts us way more than he has helped us.

You are never gonna get that thru his head. Don't even try. Keep in mind the stats from the first 25 plus games or so of this season really didnt happen nor do they count.

To be fair, you would have to break down how many misses josh has per game compared to how many post per JO thread. The posts per thread would blow it out of the water!

Question for you sportstalent. Why do you disagree with me and think he didn't have a negative impact on the game until he hit those two threes?

He had one bad turnover and missing shots is just what we have come to expect so he was playinf to expectation at that time. He hit two big shots when Marble was the only guy, other than Woodbury with a pulse offensively and Woodbury wasn't on the floor.

Well you're doing exactly the same thing you're berating others for doing. You're posting the same thoughts and opinions over and over again. That's what I mean by harassing. Someone posts a JO thread and within a hour you're on there chastising them for doing so. You admit Josh hasn't played well this season, but you get upset because other people keep repeating that. Forgive me, but I just don't understand your logic. In some ways you're agreeing with the majority. You just don't want people to keep mentioning it. Do you have multiple personalities?

Gatens used to get a ton of flack earlier in his career for what he had not become. Just saying.

I hope he turns into somthing like Gatens but, I just dont see it. If my memory serves me correctly, I dont think Gatens was ever close to being the worst shooter in the country.

You gonna start rippin on White now?

Not trying to rip on you at all, but is JO getting pounded each and every game, because of the current game or because he's having a horrible shooting year? I'm not sticking up for JO, but my question is if White had some of the shooting performances or offensive struggles that JO has had, would the fanbase be all over him?

Not trying to flame, just an honest question. I think the problem is JO has struggled all year. I can think of plenty of games this year when Marble or White have shot 3-9 and got no where near the grief. I just truly feel that for the most part JO's results are based on his season performance and not based on what he's done that game (regardless of whether or not he was 3-9).

I thought JO had a decent game tonight, not great but decent. I also think that there were so many players that stepped up tonight it's not fair to say anyone player was more important then the next. Great team W.

This was "team" effort. JO hit two big, crucial, clinching shots. Gabe had some monster blocks, and White made an incredible pass to Gabe for the jam. Woody played tough, Clemmons hit a couple big shots. May was his usual spark-plug self, and Zach was his usual aggressive self. We needed each of those guys tonight. The win was huge, especially in light of NOT having Gesell available.

This was a game I had us losing WITH Gesell available since Illinois had, up to tonight, hit a nice streak of 6 of their last 7.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Mel. He is definitely playing solid ball since getting back in the starting line-up.

Gatens used to get a ton of flack earlier in his career for what he had not become. Just saying.

That's a great point. As much as I've been a flag-bearer against JO's minutes relative to his underperformance, I thought of going through this with MG. I gladly devoured 3 year's worth of crow and hope I get the chance to do the same regarding JO.

In the meantime, Fran's constant carnival barking that he's the best shooter he's ever seen, isn't doing JO any favors to get the fans to keep his sophomore struggles in perspective. I know this is a "me problem" but I honestly feel Fran has allowed his practice infatuation to detrimentally influence Josh's role in the rotation -- he's rationalized why he should play him so much and hangs with him too long.

IMO we struggle shooting the ball and scoring in a half court setting. If putting JO on the court helps stretch the defense regardless of whether he's making shots or not, I think that benefits the entire team.

The bottom line is at this point in his career JO is a high risk high reward type of player. If Fran watches a kid drain shot after shot in practice do you really think he's the kind of guy who's gonna keep that kid on the bench? Heck no he isn't. He's gonna put him out there, and hope he finds his shot on game day. As hard as it is sometimes to watch when JO is ice cold I have to say I love Fran's mentality. Let the kid figure it out and cross your fingers he hits a few.That's what he's doing. I hope it continues to work in the Hawks favor like it did tonight.

IMO we struggle shooting the ball and scoring in a half court setting. If putting JO on the court helps stretch the defense regardless of whether he's making shots or not, I think that benefits the entire team.

This describes what JO brings perfectly. That and he is really the only person that is constantly moving. He helps our half court offense when he is in there...

Latest posts