I am sick to death of listening to these one and done players and their parents

lightning1

blame the NCAA for their kids having to play 1 year of college before they go to the NBA!
NEWS FLASH: You don't have to! You can play professionally over seas. You can go directly to the G-League for 1 season and then try and go to the NBA.
Just stop your freaking whining about the NCAA. There are a lot of things wrong with the NCAA but the NBA rules aren't one of them. Man up and make big boy decisions. Life isn't always fair. Having to wait 12 months for your multi million dollar pay day really sucks, I know. The rest of us couldn't care less about your drama.
End of rant.

blame the NCAA for their kids having to play 1 year of college before they go to the NBA!
NEWS FLASH: You don't have to! You can play professionally over seas. You can go directly to the G-League for 1 season and then try and go to the NBA.
Just stop your freaking whining about the NCAA. There are a lot of things wrong with the NCAA but the NBA rules aren't one of them. Man up and make big boy decisions. Life isn't always fair. Having to wait 12 months for your multi million dollar pay day really sucks, I know. The rest of us couldn't care less about your drama.
End of rant.

Friendly suggestions:
niceguys.gif

End of rant.

Totally agree. I am also tired of people claiming that we need to pay these kids tons of money to play college ball. The fact is maybe about 1% of college scholarship athletes are really missing out on significant sums of money. You have to remember that college football and a little bit of basketball basically funds about 4000 student athletes overall. That is helping a crap ton of kids from socio economic situation that would never be able to go to school otherwise. The benefits for the nearly 4000 totally outweigh the money the very very few have to wait on until they become professionals.

If there wasn't racism...parents and players wouldn't say such things...

The NCAA are the modern day slave holders...

Something like that should work...

Almost no high school kid is ready to contribute right away. That one year of college actually does wonders for their development in my opinion. It's better than sitting at the end of the bench for their NBA team. Plus they get all the perks of being a big time athlete on campus. Unless you are LeBron and a physical freak of nature you're not ready to contribute as a 17 or 18 year old.

The G-league is going to continue to expand and eventually the NBA draft is going to expand to 3 rounds. Its the only thing that makes sense. These kids pretending they care about their education when they're just going to school to satisfy the NBA's 1 year rule is ridiculous.

It is funny when you hear people blame the NCAA for the one & done situation being that the blame falls solely on the NBA.

But that rule is on its death bed so that won’t have to complain much longer

End of rant.

Yes, how dare they use their talents and skills to make truckloads of money, like golfers, tennis players, race car drivers, vocalists or pretty much any other vocation, until we say they can!

Yeah, something like when Adrian Peterson said something about NFL owners treating players like slaves. I don't remember reading about slaves making millions of $ in 1860 but whatever works for these athletes.

End of rant.

Yea, they should make them go 3.

Totally agree. I am also tired of people claiming that we need to pay these kids tons of money to play college ball. The fact is maybe about 1% of college scholarship athletes are really missing out on significant sums of money. You have to remember that college football and a little bit of basketball basically funds about 4000 student athletes overall. That is helping a crap ton of kids from socio economic situation that would never be able to go to school otherwise. The benefits for the nearly 4000 totally outweigh the money the very very few have to wait on until they become professionals.

Yes, I have college investments set up for my boys. Don't some of these people have college funds set up? I'm sick of people not taking responsibility and setting up accounts, only to hope somebody else will pay for their college. I have accounts set up, and if we are lucky enough that either or both of them get some kind of athletic or any other scholarship, well, then that will be a bonus.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but, last time I watch college sports, I see a lot of black individuals playing college sports. They get opportunities just as other races do as well. Not everything just conveniently goes back to racism.

Explain how exactly the NCAA is racist. Ridiculous.

Yes, how dare they use their talents and skills to make truckloads of money, like golfers, tennis players, race car drivers, vocalists or pretty much any other vocation, until we say they can!
The NBA owners get to decide that. They hire these people. Nobody is going to hire you to perform brain surgery if you didn't get the credentials they require. I don't see anyone railing against employers who require a college degree to obtain employment.
I guess you missed the part where these idiots blame the NCAA for the NBA owner's decision?

It is funny when you hear people blame the NCAA for the one & done situation being that the blame falls solely on the NBA.

But that rule is on its death bed so that won’t have to complain much longer
Thank you. These kids ....and Kirby don't seem to understand this concept.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but, last time I watch college sports, I see a lot of black individuals playing college sports. They get opportunities just as other races do as well. Not everything just conveniently goes back to racism.

Explain how exactly the NCAA is racist. Ridiculous.

A bunch of mostly white execs make a lot of money off the work of a bunch of mostly young black athletes. It's not racism but it's still a bad look.

I'd love to see the NBA adopt what MLB has. Get the "farm system" going. Then one can choose whether to take that college scholarship or go straight into "Class A" ball. Let the kid and his family make the choice.