I am a big LOSER!

I've been going to Iowa games with my dad since the lowly Bob Cummings days. Whenever dad sees fans leaving early, he tells the story of when my grandpa gave he and my uncle 2 knothole tickets for a big game back in the Evashevski era when they were boys. Iowa was getting spanked, so they left. They walked home and within a block of their house, they heard a huge roar coming from the stadium. They walked in the door to see Grandpa standing there with a big grin: "You missed a good one, boys." Dad hasn't left early since.
Can't say I blame you though. Iowa did look like Dr. Evil's henchmen for a few quarters today. Go Hawks!

I was surprised at the amount of people that stayed. Outside of the students I didn't seen many people leaving...

Man, I missed the whole game because I mistakenly watched a different game, thinking it was the Iowa game. So upset I missed it.

Ozhawk, I take my hat off to you. You are an honest man for admitting your mistake. I too, wanted to leave early. The only reason I did not leave early was I was trying to entertain some people who had traveled a very long way to see the game and had no intention of leaving the game early. Tens of thousands of people left that game when Pitt went up 24-3. Iowa was lifeless and hopeless. I really think was one of the most improbable, amazing comebacks in the history of Iowa FB

I guess I'm a loser for forgetting to DVR the game again. Anybody know when/if it replays?

It was voted the BTN game of the week & I believe is being aired tonight at 7:00 pm on the BTN. 7:00 or 8:00 anyway depending on the time line.

I guess the BTN is allowed to aire games initially aired on other networks when the home team is a BIG team.

Oz, yes you are an a$$ but I won't call you a loser. When Pitt went up 24-3 I looked over at little CF and said if we don't score here we are gone. After we scored I looked over at little CF and said if we allow a TD we are gone. After the Pitt FG I told him if we don't score here we are gone. Glad we stayed to the end.

I left early after it was 24-3. I will admit it and admit it was a mistake. I went outside with a couple buddies (lots of people left too) had a few beers and listened to Dolph. We had a heck of a good time.
I was sitting in the stadium thinking, why stay in here and continue to get mad when I can go outside and have fun and continue my tail-gating? I regret it now for sure, but I wouldn't of if they had lost, that's for sure. But we still had fun, and I DVR'd the game too, so I still watched it.
Also, for those who say fans who leave early are not true fans, you are wrong and stupid. I am a very true fan, I invest a lot of time and money buying tickets, going to all the home games and several away games each year. I have every right to say I am true fan and can voice my displeasure with the team and leave early whenever the he-ll I want to. Get over yourselves.
Yes I'm mad I left but I am over it and enjoyed myself regardless.

I was going to leave if; Iowa did not score when it was 24-3. I left the Michigan game early last year when Iowa was way ahead and told the Michigan fans if Iowa lost I didn't want to see it.

Latest posts