I am a big LOSER!

I reckon I thought 'bout leavin' the Iowa-Penn State back in 2008. My Grandfather who was Nile Kinnick's age (90 at the time) and I went to the game. It was bitter cold and didn't look good fer us. We stayed and froze but Iowa came back and won. Best idea we ever had. It was my last game with him...he passed that next spring. His first Iowa game was in 1929 to a new stadium. A memory I will never forget.

^that's awesome! (I mean not that he passed obviously) but how cool is that memory!

Most of you already know I am a complete A$$ but today I pulled the ultimate Loser move. LIttle OZ and I are sitting in our seats today and I look at little OZ and say If Pitt scores again we are out of here. Little OZ say..yeah if there is another crappy flag thrown on us I'm with ya. So Pitt scores immediately after a blatent holding call on the previous play. Its the 3rd quarter and Iowa is down 24-3. We hit the exit and go to the Halloween store (which kicks but by the way). On the way home I turn on dolph just to see how bad the damage is. And LO and behold Dolph is thanking the faithful for sticking around to witness this historic comeback...Little OZ says..."oops!" Nuff said. I am further punished because I forgot to set the DVR..

Sincerely yours

LOser.

If you are an Iowa Football fan, how can you call yourself a loser today? If you can't get a DVD of this game from somebody, let me know.

I don't even like the people that were leaving when we called timeout with 1 second left. There's not a man in your family if you don't hang around for "In Heaven There Is No Beer!"

Oz, you are a hopeless dork. :rolleyes:
And this is karmic payback for your mean-spirited post earlier in the week, in which you said you "can't stand" CFHawk. CF is one of the nicest, most sincerely good men I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Shame on you for being crappy toward him. :mad:

Vint I am sorry. Sorry to you and the Hawks. I have nothing to say about CF except I hope his grandkids get brainwashed into the AMerican way...you decide if that is mean or nice.

Vint I am sorry. Sorry to you and the Hawks. I have nothing to say about CF except I hope his grandkids get brainwashed into the AMerican way...you decide if that is mean or nice.

Just stop.

Oz you're a loser but you manned up and came here to give penance.

KneelBeforeZodCartoon1.jpg

For that, I award you 230 points.

I hate it when fans leave early. Win or lose you stick with your team till the end. Fair weather fans might as well become cyclones. I also watch every basketball game no matter what.

If it had been Pitt up 30-10 w/ 5 mins left I might have left, or if Iowa had been up 30+. Today the thought was there in the third while we were all b*tching at the refs, but a) I couldn't being on crutches (foot surgery), and b) I was at the 08 PSU game and the 09 Indy game and didn't flock to the exit in those barnburners. I don't even shut the TV off till the clock reads 0:00 no matter what. Others bailed today, and I almost pity them for missing that epic comeback....almost.

Wish I would have set the DVR for playback, but sitting in section 104 is a good enough memory. Great use of Don't Stop Believin' today :)

On Iowa & Go Hawks!

Last edited:
People around me left. I don't blame them, but it sucks to be them because they didn't get to witness the craziness of the biggest comeback in Iowa history!

I can type, but still can't talk.

Lots of people were kicking themselves now after heading for the exit. I definitely thought the game was over but might as well finish it out to see if we could muster some form of dignity ... Pitt fans have to absolutely be besides themselves to watch their lead disappear ... Simply amazing comeback ... Amazing and I still can't believe it.

When I played the best part about winning on the road is watching the home fans leaving early. Therefore, no matter how disgusted I am I stay till the end.

I reckon I thought 'bout leavin' the Iowa-Penn State back in 2008. My Grandfather who was Nile Kinnick's age (90 at the time) and I went to the game. It was bitter cold and didn't look good fer us. We stayed and froze but Iowa came back and won. Best idea we ever had. It was my last game with him...he passed that next spring. His first Iowa game was in 1929 to a new stadium. A memory I will never forget.

Tex, nice story. What an epic game experience to have together.

Latest posts