Husker fans keep amazing me

loesshillshawk

I have been bombarded by my Husker lovers about how much they are going to enjoy kicking Iowa's rear end every year. It just amazes me...like the first time you step in our stadium you will be in awe, Iowa who???? B10 will be owned by Nebraska...on and on. They just don't get it.

I have been bombarded by my Husker lovers about how much they are going to enjoy kicking Iowa's rear end every year. It just amazes me...like the first time you step in our stadium you will be in awe, Iowa who???? B10 will be owned by Nebraska...on and on. They just don't get it.

Just agree with them and move along.

Who cares.... I know there was once a mythical nation championship but Nebraska fans always think they are always in the race for the hypothetical title. Let's see how Nebraska handles tougher academic requirements and more regulated recruiting. Mr. Davis once fought that they could have so many partial qualifiers in a class in the Big 8 and that was greatly reduced when the Big 12 started.

Hell...Our sister team (ISU) whipped them last year.

Serious questions here as I don't know

What is Iowas record vs Nebraska all time? Have you guys played a lot? I know you played in the late 90's, early 2000's

I think it is GREAT! Do you want teams coming into the league that nobody, even their fans, think they can compete?

What if the new teams were Syracuse, Rutgers, Missouri, and Kansas? What would that do for Big Ten football? Nothing. It would help basketball a little. But add no excitement for football.

I want teams coming in full of bravado and disregard for the rest of the league. That will be what really puts this expansion on the radar. That is why as much as I hate them and as much as I really do not think they fit, I would be fine with the Domers.

Why would they say anything differnt? Would you say anything different if we were going to the B12? Fans usually have unjusitifed view of thier team, many hawk fans do as well.

Here is one of em,
I Braylon Heard dat! (#57 player in the country last year in case you iowa fans didnt know) Thats the best joke ive ever heard! Ricky who? Id rather have Mike Stuntz behind the helm rather than that nosebleeder! HUSKER!!! POWER!!! Bo and company will be licking at their chops if iowa ever comes to town.

Here is another...bleeped out
"I cant wait til we beat Iowa year in and year out. Afterwards Eric Martin said he was gonna go over to Kirk Ferentz wife house so he could poker in the b******e."

Hell...Our sister team (ISU) whipped them last year. <<

I am pretty sure it has been a full calender year since Nebraska has beaten the Clones in any relevant men's sport so maybe they are trying to escape that

Well they say Iowa is about 6 years behind in terms of trends, fashion, lingo, etc. etc., I think Nebraska is about 10 years behind so probably around 2012 they will begin to see reality.

As a Hawk fan who has recently been to Nebraska's stadium, their gameday atmosphere is way overrated/overblown. Crowd is not loud, not intimidating at all.

This is what Nebraska (and its fans) are in for if/when they join the B10:
A league that is built around defense.
Right now, Nebraska fan is used to having the best defense on the field for every game except when they play OKL or Texas.
In the B10 you have OSU, MICH(most years) PSU, IOWA, WIS, MSU.
Its not just one or 2 games a year. Its most conference games.
That takes a toll on your offense, especially from an injury standpoint.
They'll learn the hard way, just like PSU did.

Iowa's all-time record against Nebraska is 12-26-3. so it has been fairly one-sided (although Iowa's winning percentage against Nebraska (33%) is higher than Iowa's winning percentage against Ohio St. or Michigan (both below 25%).

I do believe that Iowa would have done very well in any of the years of the Ferentz era starting in 2001. We have been the superior program over the past 10 years, using any objective measure.

Nebraska fans clearly are living in the 1990s - they have a good program now but it is certainly not an elite one. I think they will get a big dose of reality when (and if) they join the Big Ten.

As previously mentioned, didn't Penn State think they would dominate the Big Ten? Iowa has actually dominated Penn State the past 10 years!!!!

I think the Iowa-Nebraska series would be a blast - we probably won't play Ohio State, Michigan or Penn State as often, so this would be a great substitute.

As a Hawk fan who has recently been to Nebraska's stadium, their gameday atmosphere is way overrated/overblown. Crowd is not loud, not intimidating at all.

Agreed. I went to Memorial stadium last year after being told by several friends who are Husker fans how "different" of an atmosphere it is. I went in with an open mind expecting something amazing to happen. It honestly is no different than any other college stadium I've been to. I've been at Kinnick, Jack Trice, Folsom Field in Boulder, and Memorial Stadium in Kansas. The only amazing thing that happened is Iowa State turned over the Bugeaters 8 times and won the game. Honestly, I guess I can't even say that was amazing.