Husker Fan saying hello...

Skers4life

Hi Hawkeye fans. I wanted to drop in and say hello. I have been looking at different Iowa football sites to join for the upcoming seasons and yours looks like the best. Little bit about me. I live in Omaha and have followed the Huskers since birth. I post under the same screen name on HuskerMax.com and would welcome any of you to come over for what will be spirited discussions this coming season. I am very excited for NU to join the B1G conference and I honestly respect the opportunity we have been given. You won't see me start any flame wars or bash on the Hawkeyes, but some good natured ribbing never hurt anyone. :) Best of luck to you this season except when you play us. I hope that all the B1G conference teams show the nation that this conference is about success, character and integrity and we all have success on the field.

Skers4life

How DARE you come in here and puncture all of our carefully-crafted stereotypes of meathead rube Husker fans who don't know how to post reasonably!
The nerve of you, sir! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Welcome aboard, Sker. Thanks for the strong, mature first post. Should be a fun season! :)

Thanks Vintage. Should be a very good season, so many unknowns at play! Less than two weeks away...tick tock...tick tock..

at Wisky L
OSU L
at Minny W
MSU L
Northwestern W
at PSU L
at Michigan L
Iowa L

Welcome to the league

Skers,
Welcome, a short introduction that will familiarize yourself with some posters here.

Vintage does the "Hawk call" at the beginning.

JD Miller has the state of Iowa tat on his chest.

OKeefe4 is wearing the Hawkeye booty shorts.

Stormin has the grill.

Duffman is the ese.

And I'm into face painting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBnqhn47hXM[/ame]

Welcome

Welcome. I have many Husker friends in the Lincoln/Omaha areas and have a blast going back and forth with them. Deffinately look forward to Nebraska in the Big10.

I forgot to add I respectfully hate Nebraska and hope they lose every conference game.

tm3308 is the guy who wears uncomfortably short Jorts, and then puts his leg up on things when in conversation with you.

Thanks all, for the semi-warm greetings. EddyP, I get it, you are not a fan of anything Husker. Noted... :)

Thanks all, for the semi-warm greetings. EddyP, I get it, you are not a fan of anything Husker. Noted... :)

EddyP is ultra-bitter about most things. He's pretty funny at times, but really sour for a young fella.

at Wisky L
OSU L
at Minny W
MSU L
Northwestern W
at PSU L
at Michigan L
Iowa L

Welcome to the league

The Spartans are going to get completely owned in Lincoln. I also think they will win either @PSU and @Michigan, possibly both.

It should be fun for those of you that travel to away games. It will probably take a few years to make it to all the new stadiums. I imagine those that usually travel will have a heck of time finding tickets to all venues.

Think of it as a compliment. You are replacing Minny as our most hated rival in year one. It's nothing personal I just hate you and must destroy you.

It should be fun for those of you that travel to away games. It will probably take a few years to make it to all the new stadiums. I imagine those that usually travel will have a heck of time finding tickets to all venues.

For sure. I am hoping to hit Iowa City and the Northwestern game next year. Lots of history in all those stadiums and it will be my goal to get to all of them eventually. My Boss is a Hawkeye fan and we have had a good time talking college football the last few years with both teams in their own conference. Sure hope this doesn't impact my work "environment" in a negative way. :D;)

Think of it as a compliment. You are replacing Minny as our most hated rival in year one. It's nothing personal I just hate you and must destroy you.

My boss absolutely hates Illinois, I was under the impression that they were your biggest rival due to recruiting battles and location. It might take me a minute to get all the rivalry stuff down but I am willing and eager to learn.

at Wisky L
OSU L
at Minny W
MSU L
Northwestern W
at PSU L
at Michigan L
Iowa L

Welcome to the league

Here is my prediction for what it is worth.

At Wisconsin - L
OSU - W
At Minnesota - W
MSU - W
Northwestern - W
At PSU - L but feel a W is attainable. 50/50 shot
At Michigan - L
Iowa - W

Then again, I might be completely wrong but it will sure be fun watching it play out. :eek:

Latest posts