Huge OL prospect from SD

Recently heard about a prospect from Sioux Falls, SD a Junior now at Washington HS named Derek Farniok. Word is that he is 6'8 315 or so now at 16 years old. Early take is that there are a ton of schools interested with Minnesota already having offered. Iowa is one of the schools he has interest in. Anyone else heard of Farniok? They say he has good feet movement.

C

His older brother is part of this ISU recruiting class. I know that Iowa is certainly aware of him. It will be interesting to see if the Cyclones have gained any favor with him because of taking his brother.

I think I saw he is a Rivals and ESPN top 250 player for next year. There are some big names looking at him so far. Tom, the center ISU signed is the smallest of the 3 kids. They have a younger brother who is 12 years old and is 6'2" 220 lbs already! The article about them all isn't in the newspapers database anymore.

Rivals says Farniok has been officially offered by the Gophers. It will be very interesting to see if Iowa and other Big 10 schools follow with offers. Farniok is rumored to have been on campus for junior day.

As a side note the Hawk BB team has another Sioux Falls kid coming in from rival SF Roosevelt HS...Cody Larson. Maybe the SD connection is heating up? If I recall we have B. Wegher (Dakota Dunes) and Riley Reiff (Parkston) already from SD.

Farniok now has an offer from Wisky. More Big Ten attention. Can Iowa be far off? Measurables are supposed to be now verified at 6'9 319! That young man must cast quite a shadow...

C