Hubbard to Nebraska?

JugadorHawk

@PlannedSickDays: WTF RT @RobinWashut: Juco transfer Anthony Hubbard tells me he's been in contact with #Nebraska as a possible transfer destination

He would get tortured if he came back to IC with a NEB jersey on.

Pretty sure that his time in the slammer was probably worse than anything he'll get in IC.

Seriously, I would really be surprised if any D1 school would look at him after what he did with us. And if they did, they would instantly be my least favorite team.

This is just weird.

Did Fran show him the door?

Or did he just blatantly lie about wanting to be closer to home and all?

Bizarro

Then why the unconditional release? You'd think if he did something to get the boot, Iowa would have added a "no Big Ten (i.e. Nebraska, your #2)" teams. I guess not.

That would be the counter to the notion Iowa initiated the parting of ways.

I am beginning to wonder this myself.

Then why the unconditional release? You'd think if he did something to get the boot, Iowa would have added a "no Big Ten (i.e. Nebraska, your #2)" teams. I guess not.

If this is the case Nebraska will have nothing to do with him. The Nebby staff will do their due diligence and if Fran gave him the boot it will be nearly impossible for someone to give him ANOTHER chance

Time will tell

That would be the counter to the notion Iowa initiated the parting of ways.

True enough. What I meant was that Iowa clearly was being purposely tight-lipped and allowed him to "leave the team due to homesickness". If he was asked to leave, it was obviously a "you need to leave or we're going to have to kick you off and then [whatever you did] will HAVE to come out." And if that was the case, you'd think they would have given him a conditional release. That's all I meant.

This stinks from a 360 degree vantage point.

So, Fran lied in the press release?

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said that nor have I felt that.

It's just an odd deal all the way around..and if Hubbard HAS been in touch with Nebraska, it could mean he is hitting up the schools that showed interest in him the first time around..Nebraska may not have any interest in him.

To go to Nebraska, he'd have to get Big Ten approval, however...Ben Brust won his appeal to transfer within the league but that was after a coaching change...I dont know that the league would allow this one.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said that nor have I felt that.

It's just an odd deal all the way around..and if Hubbard HAS been in touch with Nebraska, it could mean he is hitting up the schools that showed interest in him the first time around..Nebraska may not have any interest in him.

To go to Nebraska, he'd have to get Big Ten approval, however...Ben Brust won his appeal to transfer within the league but that was after a coaching change...I dont know that the league would allow this one.
I'm not trying to single you out,but everybody who is floating any kind of reason other than this being Hubbards decision is implying the press release was "questionable".

Scott Dochterman tweeted: Rule applies to frosh in coaching change who have not enrolled. Hub already took classes. This is a no-go

I'm not trying to single you out,but everybody who is floating any kind of reason other than this being Hubbards decision is implying the press release was "questionable".

That's fine, but be sure to frame your opinions as your opinions.

I'm a Cyclone fan, so take this for whatever it's worth. I've been to Iowa City and Lincoln for multiple basketball games and here is my opinion:

1) Iowa City > Lincoln

2) Carver-Hawkeye Arena >>>>>>> DeVanney Center

3) Fran McCaffery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Doc Sadler

He had to be booted.