hubbard left for personal reasons

i am friends with him on facebook and he said''Grandma I love you and pray that you will see better days in the following days to come. I ask that anyone who prays to send a prayer in my Grandma's behalf. The more prayers the better.... Thank you"

i am friends with him on facebook and he said''Grandma I love you and pray that you will see better days in the following days to come. I ask that anyone who prays to send a prayer in my Grandma's behalf. The more prayers the better.... Thank you"

yeh thats pretty much whas happened and yeah we wont be seeing him at nebraska

well they did say he wants to go closer to home and one would assume he may not want to share a touchy family matter with the entire world

They (Iowa) and he (Anthony) didn't say that at all. His statement said he was going to work with his JUCO coach to explore his options to find a school "perhaps" closer to home. That could also say "perhaps" not closer to home.

If that is the case why would he even take a call from Nebraska and do an interview for their fan site?

If he is leaving due to his grandmother I wish her the best of health.

Ether the way the guy is gone, and I don't things add up. Yes I am curious to know exactly why he left, and will not be happy if he goes to another BG1. Not with hubbard but with the staff for placing no restrictions.

I'm more concerned with how Iowa does next year. I am also curious to know if Fran can pick anyone up before the start of the season. This looks bad if he has two banked scollies and does not do better in the W column. I think it will put a lot of pressure on who he can pick up next year.

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe fran can get someone before classes start? not on an LOI but a non binding scholarship i believe

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe fran can get someone before classes start? not on an LOI but a non binding scholarship i believe

Yeah he could, and I bet there are quite a few of impact players still available one month before fall classes start. :cool:

The team we have now is the team that we will play the 2011-2012 team with, barring anymore defections or possible walk-ons. There will be no scholarship worthy players added.

Being that today is July 18th, I doubt that there is any player out there that is of B1G quality. If anything, I hope Fran fills Hubbard's scholarship with someone that is not eligible until 2012 because I think it would be foolish to bring someone in just because they are a warm body. Rewarding a deserving walk-on on the other hand, I wouldn't have a problem with though.

well they did say he wants to go closer to home and one would assume he may not want to share a touchy family matter with the entire world

Not sure if the Facebook reference was a private mesage or posted on his wall, but if you want it kept a secret, you sure as heck don't post it on Facebook.

he is having some family issues from what i know. its a sad situation

So did Tyler Smith and Jake Kelly.

Personal issues are no reason to leave a program and go play somewhere else. If you have issues that you think need to be handled then you withdraw from school, get your sh*t together and then come back at the earliest time.

Tyler Smith, Jake Kelly and now Hubbard all left the program under the guise of personal reasons. Tyler Smith moved to Knoxville, TN which is still a 4 hour drive from where his dad lived. Jake Kelly moved closer to home but unfortunately he still gets lumped in here because he chose to play hoops rather than take care of business. Now Hubbard is leaving the program (by choice or otherwise) and the claim is that he has family issues to deal with.

If the kid has family issues, do you really think that Nebraska or anywhere other than Frederick, Maryland would be a good place for him to go? Of course not. The University needs to come clean with whatever info they are allowed to because this just stinks of mis-information.

So did Tyler Smith and Jake Kelly.

Personal issues are no reason to leave a program and go play somewhere else. If you have issues that you think need to be handled then you withdraw from school, get your sh*t together and then come back at the earliest time.

Tyler Smith, Jake Kelly and now Hubbard all left the program under the guise of personal reasons. Tyler Smith moved to Knoxville, TN which is still a 4 hour drive from where his dad lived. Jake Kelly moved closer to home but unfortunately he still gets lumped in here because he chose to play hoops rather than take care of business. Now Hubbard is leaving the program (by choice or otherwise) and the claim is that he has family issues to deal with.

If the kid has family issues, do you really think that Nebraska or anywhere other than Frederick, Maryland would be a good place for him to go? Of course not. The University needs to come clean with whatever info they are allowed to because this just stinks of mis-information.

I'm glad we have someone like you to tell us all the correct way to handle things going on in our lives.

No disrespect intended... but do you really drop out of college, given the second chance you have after all you've been through... because GrandMa is seriously ill? If that was the case, there would be kids dropping out left and right.

Perhaps AH is especially close to Gma or she may have raised him. I certainly feel for the family. But it still seems a little strange...he knew we was going to be away from home for 2 years.

Latest posts