hubbard left for personal reasons

At what point does an incoming player enter the athletic department's queue for random drug testing? I assume that once Hubbard was enrolled in classes and working out with the training staff he entered the queue.

Pure speculation on my part but I would guess he failed a UA and Iowa had communicated a zero-tolerance policy for him because of the risk they were taking on him. This seems as plausible of an explanation as I've heard so far.

iahawk72

Hubbard tried to reach out to Nebraska after he left Iowa. He did not leave for family reasons or to be closer to home. He left because he did something that made Iowa ask him to move on with his life. This much seems obvious right now.

That is the picture that is beginning to emerge.

Are you serious? Nebraska has no interest in the kid but the kid has interest in them. Both pieces of information have been made public. You don't need much more to figure out that the kid didn't leave on his own nor did he desire to be closer to home.

My only concern is why the Iowa Ath Dept decided to put out incorrect information when they had to know that eventually the truth would come out.

Dude, here are the theories I can come up with that are going on around the site.

1. Grades
2. Failed drug test
3. Inappropriate contact with a female.
4. Other random ethical conduct
5. Jealousy by other players

Seriously, the wondering is still happening.

Dude, here are the theories I can come up with that are going on around the site.

1. Grades
2. Failed drug test
3. Inappropriate contact with a female.
4. Other random ethical conduct
5. Jealousy by other players

Seriously, the wondering is still happening.

Always end up back at square one on this.
They have to know that being vague causes speculation to run wild, so what's the answer?

You have the redemption press conference then the guy up and disappears like a fart in the wind and you say basically nothing?

Hubbard tried to reach out to Nebraska after he left Iowa. He did not leave for family reasons or to be closer to home. He left because he did something that made Iowa ask him to move on with his life. This much seems obvious right now.
Exactly. Reaching out to Nebraska trumps the family ploy. I have no problem with the University not releasing the details, perhaps putting another stain on AH. Also by not releasing the details, there is quite a bit of forum fodder to digest. Certainly livens the forums up a little. Bottom line is that Hubbard is gone. The team appears to have adjusted quite nicely. There might have been, in retrospect, conditions that a nun would have found difficult as HawkIhoops mentioned.

:)

Latest posts