How's Everyone Feel About WBB Tonight?

That was fun! Hawks win. They looked like this was an early season game. Not in synch at times. Missed too many contested lay ups. Could have been a blow out. Tech showed great courage hitting contested 3’s down the stretch to stay in the game. Clark had a lot of points, but her floor game/assists was key.
I think she had 1 TO which is remarkable for a couple reasons. The amount that she handles the ball coupled with the passing in the transition game and threading the needle like she does. She plays a lot of minutes and mostly with the ball in her hands every possession. How she can keep her composure for 40 min, mentally and physically, and only have 1 TO against a quality top 10 team is simply amazing. Unheard of actually.

I just looked at the box score. She played every minute of that game and never rested.

I think she had 1 TO which is remarkable for a couple reasons. The amount that she handles the ball coupled with the passing in the transition game and threading the needle like she does. She plays a lot of minutes and mostly with the ball in her hands every possession. How she can keep her composure for 40 min, mentally and physically, and only have 1 TO against a quality top 10 team is simply amazing. Unheard of actually.

I just looked at the box score. She played every minute of that game and never rested.
There's never been anyone in her stratosphere as an overall player. If she's going to consistently keep her TOs low (nobody's going to expect her to only have 1 every game or so) that's just next level even for her. I thought I saw her get taken out at the end of a quarter or two. But those woulda only been for a few seconds. It wasn't a full minute of game time. That woman is on a mission to destroy records and just see how high her ceiling is. I'm not sure where it is but I'm not putting a limit on her.

Is their next game against UNI up in Cedar Falls in that cracker box of a gym? That'd be a shame if so. Going from selling out a huge arena in Charlotte to that is a pretty drastic difference.

I have really enjoyed watching the women last year and this year. I also enjoyed their trip to Europe on YouTube.

Clark is noticeably better this year than she was last year. She seems to get to the rim easier than last year, which doesn't seem possible.

Defenses just have no chance to even slow her down. Back off even an inch and she fires a 3 in your face. Get up on her and she blows by you like you're standing still. Double her and she passes for a wide open layup or 3. I thought last year they kinda over performed in the tournament, and I figured odds were it wouldn't happen again. After last night I think they very well could get a 1 seed and make another deep run.

Hawks certainly miss Monica and Warnock

Virginia Tech nailing threes

Gonna be a tough win

Not saying they won't be missed, but Stuelke has definitely stepped up to fill that void. And as pointed out by another poster Gabbie went scoreless as well. I think its going to be a great season, and I'll be one of the first to admit that I'm relatively new to the bandwagon.

Not saying they won't be missed, but Stuelke has definitely stepped up to fill that void. And as pointed out by another poster Gabbie went scoreless as well. I think its going to be a great season, and I'll be one of the first to admit that I'm relatively new to the bandwagon.

Everyone knew what Monika was gonna do. They just couldn't stop her very often.
There's a host of people stepping in that maybe can't post up as well as Monika, but they can post up.
Or they can slip by from just outside the post.
Or, like Stuelke, they can step back and drain a 3.

I watched more women's basketball in the previous two seasons than I watched all of basketball since I graduated. In fact, I watched more women's basketball in the last 2 years than I watched ALL of basketball (men's, NBA...Olympic) combined. (If you exclude 3 years "assistant coaching" my kid's team. I wasn't really coaching. I was chief kid wrangler and clock watcher to let the actual coach know when it was time to sub).

Watching this team is so fun. But now, it's starting to cause anxiety/anxiousness like watching Iowa football. Probably not good for my health.

Hannah has certainly stepped up and is a serious threat inside on offense

She appears to be almost unstoppable when she gets the ball, and certainly benefits from
Caitlin's passes

She does need to be careful with acquiring fouls

O'Grady and Goodman really help inside, both are fearless and protect the middle quite well

I have been waiting for Gabby to get back and she did big time yesterday

Feuerbach is a steady player and will certainly help off the bench

McCabe is deadly shooting threes and will be a factor as the season goes on

The team is so much fun to watch, a pleasure indeed

:cool:

Latest posts