Howe: Wishing Kadyn Proctor Well

I don't know how you deal with some of this shit, Rob.

I don't get a lot of it. People start making accusations about his character, his family's character, the problem with his "generation" and a lack of accountability, Nick Saban being the antichrist, etc.

Signing day is the deadline. Hawkeye coaches flip other recruits all the time. Some of those guys went on to be good players, good citizens, great teammates, and all-time Hawkeyes. They weren't dishonest, lacking in character, from bad families, from a generation that lost its way, etc. when they flipped to Iowa.

I don't understand the anger at a kid accepting a better offer. It was a verbal commitment, which means nothing. What about all the coaches, middle aged men and older, who actually SIGN CONTRACTS that they will fulfill their duties for X years? They bolt for better deals all the time. And Kirk has used leverage of that possibility to enrich himself over the years.

Be frustrated that Iowa either couldn't or wouldn't pay market rate.

First off he is one of top recruits and has the right to play for the best teams. That’s not Iowa. Second worst offense in all of college football. Are you kidding me???

The hell everyone should be raising is WHY IN THE HELL is Brian still here? Some one is unethical and it’s not this college recruit.

I’m all for NIL and freedom to go where you want. But at the same time he and his mom did Iowa dirty so I don’t wish him success. When he decided he was done with the Hawks it would’ve taken 30 seconds to announce he was opening his recruitment.

I don’t like wish him to get hurt or anything like that, but he’s a Sabanite now and I got no love for those dudes.
What did his mom do that was dirty?

I don't know how you deal with some of this shit, Rob.

I don't get a lot of it. People start making accusations about his character, his family's character, the problem with his "generation" and a lack of accountability, Nick Saban being the antichrist, etc.

Signing day is the deadline. Hawkeye coaches flip other recruits all the time. Some of those guys went on to be good players, good citizens, great teammates, and all-time Hawkeyes. They weren't dishonest, lacking in character, from bad families, from a generation that lost its way, etc. when they flipped to Iowa.

I don't understand the anger at a kid accepting a better offer. It was a verbal commitment, which means nothing. What about all the coaches, middle aged men and older, who actually SIGN CONTRACTS that they will fulfill their duties for X years? They bolt for better deals all the time. And Kirk has used leverage of that possibility to enrich himself over the years.

Be frustrated that Iowa either couldn't or wouldn't pay market rate.

Why didn't he open up his recruiting a month or two ago? Why wait literally until the very few last days? That is what I have an issue with. Granted it is a huge decision, but, why when he was having trepidation didn't he reverse his verbal to Iowa and state he was opening his recruitment up?

First off he is one of top recruits and has the right to play for the best teams. That’s not Iowa. Second worst offense in all of college football. Are you kidding me???

The hell everyone should be raising is WHY IN THE HELL is Brian still here? Some one is unethical and it’s not this college recruit.
Maybe Brian will be name assistant head coach and drop the coordinator title. Only way he replaces Kirk...

Why didn't he open up his recruiting a month or two ago? Why wait literally until the very few last days? That is what I have an issue with. Granted it is a huge decision, but, why when he was having trepidation didn't he reverse his verbal to Iowa and state he was opening his recruitment up?
Mel, the NIL world is evolving in front of our eyes. Kind of like the Ukraine war expanding into Russia.

Because it's how his agent and or parents told him to do it for leverage. Get Bama and Oregon and whomever else wanted to play get in a bidding war at the last min.... And it worked

What did his mom do that was dirty?

Raised a kid in Iowa who committed to a program other than Iowa or Iowa State or a school the family had a longstanding allegiance to. I don't agree with Lazard going to Iowa State, but I respect his decision and if I still watched NFL I would totally cheer for that guy if he is still playing. Hell, I can even deal with guys going to Nebraska. I get it. They're all local.

What a crock of shit.........he took a huge dump on Iowa.....ultimately the reasons he gave not like he does not have his points....but it was a dick move timing wise pure and simple.
yeah posted in other thread.... bunch of straight bullshit in that article.

Raised a kid in Iowa who committed to a program other than Iowa or Iowa State or a school the family had a longstanding allegiance to. I don't agree with Lazard going to Iowa State, but I respect his decision and if I still watched NFL I would totally cheer for that guy if he is still playing. Hell, I can even deal with guys going to Nebraska. I get it. They're all local.
I root for Lazard too....

....to get his spleen ruptured.

He literally sat on his couch during the Iowa/Stanford Rose Bowl fiasco and tweeted pleasure over the beating Iowa was taking.

Forget the fact that he wasn't playing on that day himself, or any other day after their regular season ended. It was more important, and pleasurable, for him to watch Iowa drown than to lament that his team didn't even participate in a bowl.

It's all open recruiting until a kid signs. Especially once that kid starts visiting Oregon and Alabama. Nobody was surprised or left hanging. And it's not like the Iowa coaches had turned down all these other top recruits to save a spot for Proctor. Nobody did anyone "dirty."

I root for Lazard too....

....to get his spleen ruptured.

He literally sat on his couch during the Iowa/Stanford Rose Bowl fiasco and tweeted pleasure over the beating Iowa was taking.

Forget the fact that he wasn't playing on that day himself, or any other day after their regular season ended. It was more important, and pleasurable, for him to watch Iowa drown than to lament that his team didn't even participate in a bowl.

That's what rivals do. Don't want it to happen? Well then don't get shit trucked by 35 points in the first fvcking half in the only game on during that time slot.

I wish him the best but the timing of this and the “settling” comment did sting a bit. Bottom line we could’ve probably coughed up more cash if we really that he was that important as it seems like it was influenced a lot by the $

That's the problem with Twitter, a few idiots make all Iowa fans look bad. Most fans like myself are upset but don't vent it on social media or attack the kid with vulgar language. Saying he was "settling" by picking Iowa was not a smart comment by him and he said he told Iowa a week ago he was decommitting. I don't know if that's the truth. Only the Iowa staff knows that and they are the ones most hurt. I watched the special on "Hawkeye of the Storm" site today and love the group of recruits coming in this year. They are the ones we need to be focusing on and put KP behind us. Lessons hopefully can be learned by the coaching staff. Letting a player use you in a bidding war was maybe worth the recruits he helped bring in with the momentum of his commitment. Go Hawks but KP can just go.

It's becoming more and more apparent that his mom was the driving force here.

In one article, he states that every time he mentioned going to Iowa her response was, "Are you sure?" After awhile that kind of response is bound to create doubt about his decision. She sowed those seeds for at least three months.

Fry is correct. Having her as a helicopter parent during his Iowa career wouldn't be worth the hassle.

What a crock of shit.........he took a huge dump on Iowa.....ultimately the reasons he gave not like he does not have his points....but it was a dick move timing wise pure and simple.
Many of his reasons for jumping ship were likely parroted from Nick Saban's sales job. Easiest sale job he's likely ever had. Proctor was done with Iowa before Nick knocked on his door. Just the way it is. When we get a kid that is really a Hawkeye it can be something special, see Tyler Linderbaum, Jack Campbell. You can be dominate on the field and you can write your ticket to the NFL from Iowa City if you want to. And if you really were a Hawk fan growing up I dunno how you go much of anywhere else, esp on D or Iowa O line, tight end.

So wish him well and good riddance at the same time.

Latest posts