Howe: Judgement Time for Iowa Hoops

I heard Clark Kellog say Iowa could make a big run in the tournament. I remember he said the same thing last year and we see how well that went. Iowa will only move forward if they get contributions from everyone who plays. A lot of our losses this year are because 3 or 4 of the 8 man rotation just did very little. I haven’t seen much of Auburn, but if they have a couple good guards that could spell trouble for us.

I heard Clark Kellog say Iowa could make a big run in the tournament. I remember he said the same thing last year and we see how well that went. Iowa will only move forward if they get contributions from everyone who plays. A lot of our losses this year are because 3 or 4 of the 8 man rotation just did very little. I haven’t seen much of Auburn, but if they have a couple good guards that could spell trouble for us.

Every team save for maybe the 16s could theoretically "make a big run in the tournament." Of course most won't.

Did he elaborate? I mean I would ASSUME that a 'big run' would entail winning more then 2 games. Which would mean beating Houston in round 2. Iowa would be the talk of college basketball if that happens. I mean is he predicting that or just talking to talk?

Did he elaborate? I mean I would ASSUME that a 'big run' would entail winning more then 2 games. Which would mean beating Houston in round 2. Iowa would be the talk of college basketball if that happens. I mean is he predicting that or just talking to talk?
He did not. He mentioned Kris Murray being really good and said Iowa is capable of a big run in the tournament. Apparently he hasn’t seen many of our games. He probably should have said if Iowa can play some defense they have a chance.

He did not. He mentioned Kris Murray being really good and said Iowa is capable of a big run in the tournament. Apparently he hasn’t seen many of our games. He probably should have said if Iowa can play some defense they have a chance.
Interesting. I didn't watch any of the bracket talk last night. Iowa is just too Jekle and Hyde to get a read on. If you saw us play at Indiana you'd think we could beat anyone. You watched us against Nebraska and you'd think we sucked. Which Iowa team will they have show up...?

How does one figure Hawks will put two together two good games in a row?
KeenGrippingHydra-size_restricted.gif

Sunny days, sweeping up, first round losses away, on my way to where the air is sweet.....can you tell me how to get....how to get to the Sweet 16???

Make your 3s, play defense.

Latest posts