Howe: Hawkeyes Should Be Allowed to Peacefully Protest During Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points. I never thought it was like this, though.

I thought Doyle should have been gone after the rahbo (sp?) incident. And looking back now (Yes, hindsight is 20/20) it seems like these players felt they had to do whatever Doyle said. And it injured them. Yet, KF let it slide.

I knew BF was immature and a hothead. But not knowing what these guys said or did, you just thought he needed to mature up.

But, man, talk about some serious problems. And all under KFs watch. This is not a good thing. Not at all. And on do many levels.

I was torched here about Doyle and Rhabdo including snarky Rob comments.

I think you just inadvertently made a point. Mob rule. The majority mob has for a long time tolerated orderly mob action. The idea is to keep the savages under control so the majority mob is comfortable. Why you can't get that is incomprehensible.

So many on here when some of BF s and Doyle s powerful rhetoric was met with I like it. That is a peaceful mob. We take savages and weak non savages and make them into MEN that act the way we want them.

Yes it was mob action. White mob action. White civilized controlled mob action. White abusive mob action.
I resent coining a term "systemic racism" because it labels all whites (successful, ambitious) as racist. This is a stereotype and overlooks the vast majority of whites, including most of the people I know, who want African Americans to do well and take advantage of the "advantages" they have been given since the 1960s. Most people I know hate to see racism and hate to see out of control mobs destroying people and lives.

I don't have a problem with African Americans "bending a knee" to protest police violence if they feel it is a problem. It seems like a just cause, at least in sections of the enforcement community. However, I also like to see those who want to "bend a knee" support those who might think that such an act is disrespectful to the flag and disrespectful to those who have served and even given their lives so that all might "protest" in a sense of free speech.

Free speech is fragile. If only one form of protest, for only one cause or point of view is allowed, it isn't really "free" at all. In fact it is illogical.

I resent coining a term "systemic racism" because it labels all whites (successful, ambitious) as racist. This is a stereotype and overlooks the vast majority of whites, including most of the people I know, who want African Americans to do well and take advantage of the "advantages" they have been given since the 1960s. Most people I know hate to see racism and hate to see out of control mobs destroying people and lives.

I don't have a problem with African Americans "bending a knee" to protest police violence if they feel it is a problem. It seems like a just cause, at least in sections of the enforcement community. However, I also like to see those who want to "bend a knee" support those who might think that such an act is disrespectful to the flag and disrespectful to those who have served and even given their lives so that all might "protest" in a sense of free speech.

Free speech is fragile. If only one form of protest, for only one cause or point of view is allowed, it isn't really "free" at all. In fact it is illogical.

Go ahead and excuse your covert racism. Be a part of the problem. Keep you little Dutch world in tact. It was the Dutch who held on to aparthied so the blacks didn't hurt themselves.

Not having a problem is the problem.

It's also called ambivalence

Go ahead and excuse your covert racism. Be a part of the problem. Keep you little Dutch world in tact. It was the Dutch who held on to aparthied so the blacks didn't hurt themselves.

Using a wording such as "little Dutch world" shows your true colors. Well done.

Such diminutive put downs are prevalent in intolerant and racist types. You aren't worth the time.

I am not a racist, I believe in facts, truth and fairness for all. I am not on the mobwagon of...one way think propaganda spewed out by the press, our public schools, Hollywood, etc.

I have a lot of Dutch in me, but was not raised in racism, not even remotely.

3-4 of the people I have met and been around personally have been African American, and they are on the top 10 list of people I have admired in my life.

And, I never accused them of living in "their little African world."

You must have missed Rob's video about what "SYSTEMIC" Racism actually is, I'll post it again. It isn't that people are necessarily or inherently racist, it's that the system is designed to hinder the progress of minorities.

You must have missed Rob's video about what "SYSTEMIC" Racism actually is, I'll post it again. It isn't that people are necessarily or inherently racist, it's that the system is designed to hinder the progress of minorities.
Funny, I don't know how many Army officer briefings I attended in 27 years where we were told that "select people of color" would receive a special "look" and advantage of being promoted ahead of others "groups." We were also told that this system was "fair for all" a blatantly illogical statement. We were also instructed to "take care of such individuals" when we were writing up our annual officer efficiency reports. Actually, that is, in essence, systemic racism, but not against African Americans. The same could be said about some of the select universities in our country: Harvard, Georgetown, Stanford, etc. which make sure to get the "admissions number right"...leaving out many students who actually scored better on unbiased testing. But who is keeping track of such things these days?

Granted, the term "systemic racism" has many meanings for many people. It can also be used to blame entire communities of people, who had no part in racist activities, plans, or systems.

I don't know what will happen to KF and staff but they are tied up in a no-win scenario. They will have to cower to the mob or move on. Iowa will be the University of Missouri this year. The mob will probably not be happy with any steps or any "investigation."

It is a powerful form of character lynching, that has no defense. The more you explain the more your guilt is assumed.

Such diminutive put downs are prevalent in intolerant and racist types. You aren't worth the time.

I am not a racist, I believe in facts, truth and fairness for all. I am not on the mobwagon of...one way think propaganda spewed out by the press, our public schools, Hollywood, etc.

3-4 of the people I have met and been around personally have been African American, and they are on the top 10 list of people I have admired in my life.

You don't even know I was using your strategy against you and you couldn't even recognize it. You comment about 3 or 4 is what this is about.

So what about the average black? I get you like the ones that confirm to the Iowa way.

The strength of the American education system is at the university level, which has far more choices (and competition) than the K-12 levels. There is plenty of evidence out now suggesting that it could be equally successful at the K-12 level if there was more choice and competition. See recent Cato article below which recaps several pro/con studies on vouchers. As worldwide comparisons have shown, time and time again, the U.S. is very mediocre with K-12. I understand the fear from teacher's unions and the NEA because they've owned that turf for so long and want to defend that territory, but their customer base is not happy with the value proposition they've been given.

https://www.cato.org/blog/highly-positive-impacts-vouchers
I

I will read the article and think about what you have said. One comment now. I am puzzled that you call colleges more competition based with more choices. First, they all have admission standards that eliminate a large segment of the population. Sure helps them. As to choices, the role of universities is totally different than the public education system.

You don't even know I was using your strategy against you and you couldn't even recognize it. You comment about 3 or 4 is what this is about.

So what about the average black? I get you like the ones that confirm to the Iowa way.
Go away...

I

I will read the article and think about what you have said. One comment now. I am puzzled that you call colleges more competition based with more choices. First, they all have admission standards that eliminate a large segment of the population. Sure helps them. As to choices, the role of universities is totally different than the public education system.
What I said was, "The strength of the American education system is at the university level, which has far more choices (and competition) than the K-12 levels." What I mean by the choices and competition part of that statement is this. Your typical HS student is going to probably have three choices (max) on what HS to attend. The HS in the district he lives, maybe another public HS that he could open enroll if that's an option and perhaps, if he/she is lucky and parents can afford it, a nearby private HS.

Once that same HS student graduates the world really opens up for him/her at the next level with literally thousands of colleges and universities, public and private, in-state and out-of-state. Lots of choices. The students are competing to get in to those universities and colleges ... and the institutions are competing to attract the students. So my underlying premise is more choices and more competition is a good thing ... both for students and the institutions. It makes us all better.

Funny, I don't know how many Army officer briefings I attended in 27 years where we were told that "select people of color" would receive a special "look" and advantage of being promoted ahead of others "groups." We were also told that this system was "fair for all" a blatantly illogical statement. We were also instructed to "take care of such individuals" when we were writing up our annual officer efficiency reports. Actually, that is, in essence, systemic racism, but not against African Americans. The same could be said about some of the select universities in our country: Harvard, Georgetown, Stanford, etc. which make sure to get the "admissions number right"...leaving out many students who actually scored better on unbiased testing. But who is keeping track of such things these days?

Granted, the term "systemic racism" has many meanings for many people. It can also be used to blame entire communities of people, who had no part in racist activities, plans, or systems.

I don't know what will happen to KF and staff but they are tied up in a no-win scenario. They will have to cower to the mob or move on. Iowa will be the University of Missouri this year. The mob will probably not be happy with any steps or any "investigation."

It is a powerful form of character lynching, that has no defense. The more you explain the more your guilt is assumed.

I like how the video lists a bunch of stereotypes as "implicit biases," including "Asians are good at math." My boy, who is half Japanese, is 4 years old and can add up to 5 numbers in his head (provided they sum to less than 50). He has shown this trick off to people and I honestly can't think of one who hasn't said "Asians are good at math." That is by definition not an implicit bias. It is a stereotype that the media has created over the years. That stereotype is then used today by colleges to discount the standardized test scores of Asians. Over 1000 schools have gone so far as to throw out the ACT and SAT because if they make admission decisions solely on the basis of academic meritocracy, many good schools will honestly be well over 50% Asian just based on sheer population numbers. It is far easier to get into elite US schools than the elite schools in India, China, Korea and Japan.

I have no Dutch in me, but the Dutch were traders first and foremost. Absolutely cutting edge maritime and naval technology, but they were hindered by being a very small country. My wife is descendant of the father of the Japanese Navy and his story is remarkable. When Commodore Perry arrived in Japan, Japan had been closed for almost 250 years. The Japanese immediately realized the existential threat that the Americans posed to their way of life and immediately sent emissaries all over the world to learn various trades so that they could build a western power within 2 generations. This gentleman spent a few years in the Netherlands training and when the Meiji Restoration happened, this dude commanded the navy to recognize the Tokugawa government and ignore the emperor. He founded his own country in what is now Hokkaido. He ran the navy and a Frenchman (a foreigner who was brought to Japan due to his substantial knowledge about the military) ran the army of the new nation. They were eventually overwhelmed due to lack of resources, but the Japanese modernization and secession they had would not have been possible without the Dutch.

I have no Dutch in me, but the Dutch were traders first and foremost. Absolutely cutting edge maritime and naval technology, but they were hindered by being a very small country. My wife is descendant of the father of the Japanese Navy and his story is remarkable. When Commodore Perry arrived in Japan, Japan had been closed for almost 250 years. The Japanese immediately realized the existential threat that the Americans posed to their way of life and immediately sent emissaries all over the world to learn various trades so that they could build a western power within 2 generations. This gentleman spent a few years in the Netherlands training and when the Meiji Restoration happened, this dude commanded the navy to recognize the Tokugawa government and ignore the emperor. He founded his own country in what is now Hokkaido. He ran the navy and a Frenchman (a foreigner who was brought to Japan due to his substantial knowledge about the military) ran the army of the new nation. They were eventually overwhelmed due to lack of resources, but the Japanese modernization and secession they had would not have been possible without the Dutch.
I think my ancestors were from Friesland, probably worked in Tulip fields.

I just had to shake my head at that. So is everyone in Pella a racist now? I guess we better stop planting tulips and buying Dutch Boy Paint. I just told my wife she has to sell her Dutch oven asap. Wowzer.

I just had to shake my head at that. So is everyone in Pella a racist now? I guess we better stop planting tulips and buying Dutch Boy Paint. I just told my wife she has to sell her Dutch oven asap. Wowzer.

Simple answer, yes. Irregardless, Dutch Ovens are a sign of the patriarchy. How many innocent women have been victimized by heinous farts? You disgust me.

He played the card. I went with it to expose the nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.