Howe: Hawkeyes May Have QB Controversy on Their Hands

I do agree Padilla, at this point, gives Iowa the best chance to win. I also agree Fitz gets up for Iowa almost like the clowns.
Fitz said in the post game that he'd seen the 'internet rumors' about Petras being hurt and not practicing much this week but that he pretty much ignored them and wasn't prepared to see Padilla. He explained that by saying he doesn't take those types of things seriously because it was just rumors and not something being reported by anyone. Yet he was aware of them.

I'm wondering where those internet rumors may have been cause I missed all that talk anyway. I'm not saying it wasn't out there I just missed it I guess.

Last edited:
Fitz said in the post game that he'd seen the 'internet rumors' about Petras being hurt and not practicing much this week but that he pretty much ignored them and wasn't prepared to see Padilla. He explained that by saying he doesn't take those types of things seriously because it was just rumors and not something being reported by anyone. Yet he was aware of them.

I'm wondering where those internet rumors may have been cause I missed all that talk anyway. I'm not saying it wasn't out there I just missed it I guess.

It would be pretty easy to start a rumor like that after watching Petras get off the turf the last few times at Wisky. He was trying to get one leg to work better and was moving his throwing are around a lot.

It would be pretty easy to start a rumor like that after watching Petras get off the turf the last few times at Wisky. He was trying to get one leg to work better and was moving his throwing are around a lot.
For sure it would be. I'm just curious where that may have came from. If I'm the last to know or if it was a pretty obscure thing that didn't really get out. Fort Kinnick can be like that sometimes. It used to be really tough to get much out of there

Did you watch the game? I have no idea what either one looks like in practice, but during the game Padilla makes quicker passes and goes through his progression much quicker. He rarely, that I could see, locked on to any one target.

By the way, Keegan Johnson dropped a pass from Padilla that would have been a TD. I think he'd tell you he should have caught it.

Even worse, later in the game Charlie Jones had, what I'd call a perfect pass, go right through his hands. I don't think it even touched his hands. It could not have been thrown any better than it was.

Padilla, right now, at least in a real game looks better and the offense looks quicker with him than with Petras. And Padilla, while not Taylor Martinez, is more mobile than Petras.
Not really. Long story short, I was shooting roosters in South Dakota. No BTN, watched on computer while preparing beef stroganoff for 12 people. Will watch my DVR of the game on Tuesday and get back to you. In the meantime, a couple of snowflakes don’t make for a blizzard. You watch one game with a new QB and now you know which QB is better? Wow. You need to coach at a D 1 level tomorrow!

Latest posts