Howe: Hawkeyes About to Be Part of Science Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy Greenstein
@TeddyGreenstein
Jun 17

Someone high up in college athletics just told me it's 50-50 -- at best -- that college fball is played. And the concept that large crowds come to games is ridiculous. A slimmer sked -- 10 games in 10 weeks? -- could help.

Austin Ward
@AWardSports

23h

Decisions are still a couple weeks away, but the momentum for conference-only schedules is real. Multiple sources have indicated the Big Ten is looking at the possibility of a 10-game, league-only slate.

I recently read something from a nurse where he stated patients are tested until they test negative twice in a row. Every positive test is counted as a new "positive case." If a patient tests positive 6 times before he tests negative twice, 6 patients tested positive according to the tally. Just like the death totals were inflated, the case numbers are inflated it seems.

I recently read something from a nurse where he stated patients are tested until they test negative twice in a row. Every positive test is counted as a new "positive case." If a patient tests positive 6 times before he tests negative twice, 6 patients tested positive according to the tally. Just like the death totals were inflated, the case numbers are inflated it seems.

And people aren't wearing masks for Covid-19 ... they are wearing them because they don't like ... well, I will let you read it. :)

It seems pretty obvious that if there's a football season at all, there will inevitably be many teams that wind up with infected players.

What happens then? Will entire rosters have to be quarantined? Will there be forfeited/cancelled games?

And this doesn't even consider the impacts of having a stadium full of people and employees.

It seems pretty obvious that if there's a football season at all, there will inevitably be many teams that wind up with infected players.

What happens then? Will entire rosters have to be quarantined? Will there be forfeited/cancelled games?

And this doesn't even consider the impacts of having a stadium full of people and employees.

Great questions! And there's more ... also in Florida!

It is going to be a clusterfuck. I don't think they'll end up playing. You could have one guy on your team catch The Germ on a Monday after the game and there's a chance they'll have to quarantine the other team and shit, too. Teams will probably end up playing like 7 or 8 games or something absurd and the playoff will be a joke. I mean, hell if I was Iowa, I'd have someone get The Germ 3 days before OSU just to get the bloodbath cancelled. We could end up like 8-0 after dodging the best teams and some troglodytes would be like "derp, why aren't we in national title playoff?" It's just not going to be workable.

OMG! 8 people tested positive for a virus with a greater than 99.9% survivability rate. I think I heard 8 more paw paw fruits tested positive yesterday. We're all going to die!

tenor.gif

It's such a tough topic. Everyone wants sports back but there are so many unknowns. IF a player plays on a Saturday and then tests positive on a Sunday or Monday, and shows symptoms, do you quarantine the opposing team? I know it's extreme but I'm just not sure how they move forward with the health and well being of the players as the top priority. If they say money comes first and players safety is secondary then I think it's much easier to "green light". While I think that is most likely the case no one wants to admit to it.

OMG! 8 people tested positive for a virus with a greater than 99.9% survivability rate. I think I heard 8 more paw paw fruits tested positive yesterday. We're all going to die!

I don't think its the survivability rate that is the concern. We see athletes miss games all the time due to sickness such as the flu. How do you compete or continue day to day operations when say 20% of your program become infected or are quarantined for being exposed. I get your argument that your probably not going to be seeing athletes dying, but it can ravage a program, as well as a season, without taking lives or leaving individuals in the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts