Howe: Five Thoughts About Hawkeyes with Hoops Practice Tipping Off

This was the same logic you used when you said Fran was a going to go after a transfer with the two open schollies but it never happened. It may just be that Fran is a little stubborn and still believes his way is the right way.

I like your point about the difference in the schedule this year. Especially with the early concerned games we have to be ready to go. To make it back to the dance there is almost no room for error for this team.

My prediction is Fran continues to play too many guys, that likely costs a few games and leads to an NIT year. While it should spell the end for him at Iowa, it won’t.
Good write up Rob. With the loss to UW the other day I did start to think about b-ball season just a bit (The football team isn’t done yet).

On point #3, I’ve just never got this logic. JBo is good on offense and bad on defense. That doesn’t change at the 1 or the 2. Offense isn’t the issue for Iowa so while getting JBo more threes sounds like an okay idea, I don’t think it really helps much at all. In essence you are creating more minutes for Connor while limiting the minutes for Weiskamp, Moss, and Dailey, which I think is a bad idea.

There is nothing that says that JBo can’t bring the ball up throw it to a guy at the top and run through double screens to get an open look at 3 on any given possession even while he’s playing PG.

I’m not very high on Connor, so that’s probably part of it.[/QUOTE. Fran and Staff got us out of Huge Crater. Been Rewarded nicely. OK... Now next step....Would be nice huh.This season? How can you get feel or read on it?? Go Hawk Players

The D needs to get better and I think it will with guys being a year older and having more depth at the guard positions with Joe and Connor.

The offense will still be the identity of this team and this team should be better than last years. So I think we’ll get better on both ends.

For fun, I’ll say we finish around 5th and the league and like a 7-9 seed in the tourney.

Last edited:
If Garza has to redshirt this year, and the point guard misses a month or so due to injury, I bet it will all be Frans fault
Isn'it it ? Well he got Huge bonus + years.But he and staff have much on their PLATE as we go forward. Hope he pulls it off.I do like him and his family much and staff.I give 2 years.

Much of it will be how well Connor can play defense at that position. I don't know what to think. If McCaffery never made it an emphasis for his team in the past, how much can one assume it's an emphasis for his sons growing up in their home.

But his sons didn't grow playing for their dad, they grew up playing for Steve Bergman. If you don't think he emphasizes defense, you don't know Bergie.

Latest posts