Howe: Big Dance a Watershed Moment for Hawkeye Program

IF IOWA WOULD HAVE ADDED A GRAD TRANSFER AFTER LAST YEAR, IT WOULD HAVE LOST PLAYERS THAT ARE ON THE ROSTER AND IN THE ROTATION RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Are you referring to Kriener and Dailey or one of the starters? Not trying to stir the pot at all, just curious who you think would have left.

Interesting article but I really think you are asking the wrong question. The question should be: IS IOWA WILLING TO PLAY THE AAU/SHOE CONTRACT CHEATING GAME TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL?

Now, let's answer that question. Fran on more than one occasion has publicly talked about the corruption in college basketball going on all around him (he mentioned it last year at a Polk County I Club luncheaon). Millions and millions of dollars are being spent through shoe contracts to influence where the elite players go. The evidence is overwhelming that it happens. Hell, they have Bill Self on tape talking about it. All of the elite programs are doing it now. I have a close friend who attended the Big 12 tournament this year (he is an Iowa State fan). He confronted some "high-roller" Kansas fans about the cheating at KU. Their response was: "Everyone is cheating, no big deal, why aren't you doing it?" The KU fans have accepted it and are not troubled by it!!

Iowa isn't getting the elite players. It is about recruiting inside of (and with the assist of) the AAU/shoe contract spider web; coaching doesn't matter that much. We don't cheat, so we can't recruit the truly elite players. You are right about one thing: This is as good as it is going to get (first or second round NCAA) for one simple reason: Iowa won't cheat! Fran is a great coach. To go 22-11 with that group of players was remarkable, in my humble opinion.

Rob, you should spend less time micro-analyzing Fran and spend a heck of a lot more time talking to people who understand what is happening in college basketball now. Turn over the rock and see the corruption and filth crawling around underneath. That is the story. I think most Iowa fans are clueless, frankly.

Sure, go ahead; fire Fran. Nothing will change with the next coach because Iowa will not cheat. I'm proud of Iowa for not cheating. I'd rather go 22-11 and lose in the first two rounds. Cheating is not acceptable.
Absolutely! When I was living in Memphis. Memphis State was the national champions sometimes during my hospital stay. I remembered that Dana Kirk was fired for cheating. The national championship was forfeited. Believe me, I enjoyed watching Iowa being clean and play good basketball and most players are all academic players on the team. It's a great program Frans run here at Iowa. If you can't handle a clean program. then you should go somewhere like Duke. They love to have you. I think Fran's good guy to stay around at Iowa.

Latest posts