How ya all feeling now?

*Of course the natural reaction is to say the ISU and UNI weren't ever that good. Lol,

*I think cookie it wanting to play even with a splint on his finger.

*Aint gonna lie, the wins against ISU and UNI even surprised me. Thought they had a fifty/fifty chance but never saw the ass kicking coming at all.

The lights seemed to have clicked on all of a sudden. Common thread between UNI and ISU is that both jack up a lot of threes and look good when they fall and not so good when they don't. Neither has any semblance of an inside game.

The lights seemed to have clicked on all of a sudden. Common thread between UNI and ISU is that both jack up a lot of threes and look good when they fall and not so good when they don't. Neither has any semblance of an inside game.

Yep, and it's amazing what happens when you play defense too.

Iowa has looked like an NCCA tourney team the past 2 games. Not that that will happen, but Iowa is looking good. Jok looked Jordanesqu on some of his shots this afternoon.

Same as I did at the beginning of the season. It's a talented but young team that can play with anybody and get blown out by teams they should beat. Wasn't able to watch the game, but like BigD said, if they play defense, good things can happen.

We are one ge behind where we needed to be to make the tourney. Gunna be tough to do but my bet is we will look like a tourney team and have the resume of a tourney team by the time it's over, minus the Omaha game.

I wonder if Cook's return will disrupt the team defense chemistry...?

I've been thinking about this very subject. What is really making this team gel right now is everyone is involved. I am not so much concerned about the defensive chemistry as I am the offensive chemistry.

I hope as he is sitting there he is learning the value of sharing the ball and letting everyone participate and play a part. I think Cook will play a vital part of the success of this team, but just like everyone else he needs to learn to play within himself. Sometimes he is double teamed and even tripled teamed and he will still try to force up the ball when he is down low. A double team means someone else is left alone and is open.

As far as defense I think he is learning the value of that as he watches this team grow and learn and be successful. Great defensive play is contagious and I think he will just fine.

Gonna be fun watching these youngins grow together the rest of this season.

Heck yeah! If nothing else we can enjoy an entire year from the constant hecklers from ISU and UNI. PEACE AND QUIET!

Go Hawks!

Feel like the IA winter, cold and bi-polar, lol... Wells was a ghost town, although they sold 15k seats, the arena look half full. The pace was slow and kind of boring but at least IA surprisingly blew UNI out. Oh, I caught one of Hy Vee's parachute gift card to their Market Grille, that's the other upside of the trip. Can't wait to see how they do against Purdue, yes, there are 2 cupcakes first.

I still think our guard play will be the telltale sign going forward this season. There are some good things going on with young Bo and Moss and that's exciting

It is kind of funny...how in team sports...at times...when one of the top players is out for an injury for an extended period of time...the team does better. When the star returns...those who have done well, get less minutes...team chemistry changes. It is such a young team and seems willing to adjust and learn...especially team defense now...that it might not be an issue. A returning talented player is always welcome for the long run.

Got to hand it to Fran. Nice job.

Take aways...Jok and that Jok isn't the only player.

A lot of contributors.

Pt Guard position concerns me in Big.

Looking better overall.

Defense has picked up after the call out and POM. I am stoked about that. We continue to play defense like we are, and I see a bright future. I see a B1G tourney championship.

Feeling real good, BigD......

Excellent game, especially on D. Hawks seem to have worked things out on defense. Demolished the panthers. Good to see after the beating they gave us two years ago.....

Baer was the star of the game. He was everywhere, rebounding very well and showing some moves around the basket that were nice to see. Nicholas just might be the best all around player on the team. Good to see his improvement this season.....

Feel much better about these guys now. Developing an attitude and playing team ball with chemistry inside and out.....

Life is good.....

Feel like the IA winter, cold and bi-polar, lol... Wells was a ghost town, although they sold 15k seats, the arena look half full. The pace was slow and kind of boring but at least IA surprisingly blew UNI out. Oh, I caught one of Hy Vee's parachute gift card to their Market Grille, that's the other upside of the trip. Can't wait to see how they do against Purdue, yes, there are 2 cupcakes first.

Was looking for you, Lao. Thought you would be around.....

CMoon

Latest posts