How much longer does Fran get?

tweeterhawk

Just when you thought the program was headed in the right direction the team gets totally blown out by Northwestern -- North-friggin-western. That should NEVER happen.

How many more stumbles like this does Barta absorb before pulling the trigger?

Just when you thought the program was headed in the right direction the team gets totally blown out by Northwestern -- North-friggin-western. That should NEVER happen.

Tweeter, this is BB, these types of meltdowns aren't allowed. If this was football, full meltdown is not only allowed, but encouraged.

Tweeter, this is BB, these types of meltdowns aren't allowed. If this was football, full meltdown is not only allowed, but encouraged.

Lol I agree. Northwestern was 20 points better than us last night without Jok which sucks but whatever. The fact that it got to 35 because a bunch of freshmen gave up doesn't matter as far as Fran getting fired goes.

To answer the OPs question. Fran will be here at least until Patrick graduates as long as this freshmen class does half as well as it looks like they're going to.

Gee, after the win vs. Purdue, Fran was probably thought to deserve an extension. Now it's "how much longer does Fran get?"

It was a pathetic performance for sure but c'mon man, perspective is nice to have.

Fran finishes in the top half of the conference 4 straight years and has two 3rd place finishes. He has a team that looks like it will be better than his last one and has 4 top 125 kids coming in, but that was one ugly game so he's gotta go.

Did the young hawks have tired legs after the tough win against Purdue? Who knows but they didnt look to be moving very good especially on defense. We have seen this bad defense a few times this year. I didnt watch much of the game as it looked very like very sluggish play.

Is this thread serious or a troll?!

A team that starts 4 freshmen is going to be consistent in one thing....inconsistency. For every Purdue win, we're going to have one of these clunkers....especially on the road.

How about we actually let the season play out and see how things finish before beginning the search for our next BB coach. Good Lord....

Barta doesn't control this board - he can't ban you Tweeter for your trolling post, no worries.

Barta doesn't control this board - he can't ban you Tweeter for your trolling post, no worries.

Angry face Fran serious here. Yeah, young Hawks have three nice wins this year. Future may be bright when current freshmen starters turn sophomores but next year we lose someone who has been contributing 22+ points a game. Who replaces that?

Hawks got killed in the paint last night. What help arrives next year in the 4 and 5s?

And losing by 35 to North-friggin-western? That's as bad as losing in the first round to some little place called Northeastern. How'd that work out?

Tweeter, Tweeter, Tweeter come on man....inexperienced team, on the road, Big Ten basketball....these kids are doing the best they can, and by God, they've shown signs of brilliance and signs of what it was like back in Middle School....Fran has these guys going in the right direction...it certainly better than Lickball, so, as far as I'm concerned Fran can have a few more years in my book...

Angry face Fran serious here. Yeah, young Hawks have three nice wins this year. Future may be bright when current freshmen starters turn sophomores but next year we lose someone who has been contributing 22+ points a game. Who replaces that?

Hawks got killed in the paint last night. ***What help arrives next year in the 4 and 5s?

And losing by 35 to North-friggin-western? That's as bad as losing in the first round to some little place called Northeastern. How'd that work out?

Ummm why don't you just look. Nunge and Garza.

https://iowa.rivals.com/commitments/basketball/2017

YOU KIDDING HUH NO?HAWKS ARE YOUNG BUT GOOD AND GETTING BETTER.TRUST ME.IOWA SURFER SAYS"PRAY FOR SURF" ALL IS WELL.

Hawks got killed in the paint last night. What help arrives next year in the 4 and 5s?

And Purdue fans are probably asking how they could lose to a team that starts 4 freshman, has a huge size disadvantage, and team they beat by 30 a couple weeks ago. But they did.

This stuff happens to young teams. Hell, we've seen it happen to experienced Iowa teams and experienced teams at other programs. Hard to get up for every game over a long season.

I will say this though, until Fran starts to stress better defensive play and gets his players to buy in, no lead is safe and no margin of defeat is surprising. That is not a one game concern, that's been a concern for several years.

Everyone was advised that this season would be like this. Highest of highs and lowest of lows. It's gonna continue to be like this the rest of the season.

I know it's fun and popular to call for heads to roll on message boards, but child, please. Dumb thread.

At this point, Fran is calling the shots about his future at Iowa. I honestly think it would take missing the NCAA 3 seasons straight before the seat was even remotely warm and the "how long do we accept" this mentality would be called for.

At this point, Fran is calling the shots about his future at Iowa. I honestly think it would take missing the NCAA 3 seasons straight before the seat was even remotely warm and the "how long do we accept" this mentality would be called for.
Lol if we miss the next 2 tourneys, Fran's seat will most definitely be hot. 3 in a row and he's gone for sure.