How many of you are having a hard time getting behind this year's Hawks?

well likely game 3 against wisky...cant wait to see us suck into their style of play for a 3rd straight game
Hawks are not gonna beat WI no matter how crappy bad Bucky is. Hawks'll shoot 30% and lose 50-42 again. Remember the season not too long ago we swept WI 3 straight in a season? They'll return the favor.

No problem getting behind this team to answer OP question. I don't see how you couldn't??

On fire shooting from Nebby and the unfortunate 8/22 from Kris sealed the deal unfortunately. Sometimes he just shoots too much imo.

I'm not surprised. I wished I was but I'm not. Same team that can lose to Eastern IL can lose to NE twice. Is what it is. Iowas D is just so bad pretty much that they are just at the mercy of the other team and how well they shoot. If they shoot well from outside we are going to be in for a tough game and a track meet. We shot like crap this game ourselves and were only in it because of offensive rebounding. If not for that we lose by double figures. Our O wasn't very good and by no means did we deserve to win. So heck if I know what to expect. Expect the unexpected I suppose.

This is just the past 24 hours, I can find a hundred more if you want.. Maybe you should go instead of Fran. Purdue or Indiana would love to have you and they're consistent winners.

Hawks are not gonna beat WI no matter how crappy bad Bucky is. Hawks'll shoot 30% and lose 50-42 again.
Good lordy. Hawks are gonna get beat by WI three times this season
Yes. We need someone with balls for the men's team to coach some D.
I started the thread like 6 years too late. Fran's teams just make you want to mentally check out sometimes.
Real soft.
Need game thread. Time wasted doing the men's one today

In reference to Fran:
Please. Go.

If Iowa plays like they did at Indiana they would be a Sweet 16 team. On the other hand, this team is 19-12.....and Fran has never been to the Sweet 16 ever.

Inconsistently great and terrible.
This is the problem and always has been with 3 pt shooting teams. The inconsistency and not having a legitimate plan B when shooting isn't going well. We've seen it in the past some Cinderella team making a decent run in the NCAA only to fall flat on their face at some point in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8, because they couldn't sustain it for 6 games.

It's a Jekyll and Hyde situation.

This team is really frustrating - but still performing well above their overall expectation. They just lost the best shooter in school history and an NBA lottery pick. I think most people expected the program to take a step back this season unless you were overly optimistic. I was overly optimistic for sure. I expected this team to compete for the top half of the conference while I believe most did not expect that. They finished 5th. I can't be mad at that if my expectation was a top half finish. It wasn't a straight line getting there, but very few seasons are.

I have no idea what to expect out of this team, but as I've said many times, other teams have been primed and poised for long runs and those teams didn't do it. I could see a scenario where this team has back to back games where they make 10+ 3's on a weekend and is playing in their first Sweet 16 in 25 years.

Ya just don't know. I don't know. No one knows. Depends on match up and circumstance. I wouldn't bet on this Iowa team advancing and I won't. But if/when they do, I won't be surprised either.

Also, I am a thick or thin Iowa fan. I sat through every Lick game. I will sit through every game the next guy coaches. Win or Lose, I am still a Hawk fan. I can't adopt another team because I could give a shit less about another team or program. I'm a ride or die Hawk fan. Lots of frustrating times. Doesn't mean I am satisfied in the least, but it means I win and lose along with Iowa no matter what and regardless I will be there to support them again. Been that way since 1989 or so since I was able to start making my own decisions.

enjoy cheering for other teams

Also, I am a thick or thin Iowa fan. I sat through every Lick game. I will sit through every game the next guy coaches. Win or Lose, I am still a Hawk fan. I can't adopt another team because I could give a shit less about another team or program. I'm a ride or die Hawk fan. Lots of frustrating times. Doesn't mean I am satisfied in the least, but it means I win and lose along with Iowa no matter what and regardless I will be there to support them again. Been that way since 1989 or so since I was able to start making my own decisions.

You are better than me. I couldn't suffer through much of the latter Lick games though I did some. Cut my teeth on Lute, but I vaguely remember the big blond player from Pella....Larry. I was with the Hawks through about every game from mid Lute on when I was old enough to pay attention. Lick jr was unsufferable to watch, except for weird entertainment though I felt bad for him. Nebby is getting to the bottom of the barrel with a few players but at least they seem to be decently coached, but don't really belong. Watching Little Lick and the rest to a degree was lick watching the Hunger Games in the early stages of the competition.

This is me.

These Hawks can legitimately beat anybody in the country...and unfortunately, lose to anybody in the country. Debbie came out of the gates hitting their first 4 from downtown, which means with Sparty hitting 11-13 from 3 in regulation, that the Hawks defended their opponent to the tune of a 15-17 stretch from distance. That is insane! Yes, the defense has something to do with that, but that may never happen again...anywhere!

I also watched every Lick game also

Highlights were beating ranked Michigan State

And Little Lick going crazy against Purdue

You are better than me. I couldn't suffer through much of the latter Lick games though I did some. Cut my teeth on Lute, but I vaguely remember the big blond player from Pella....Larry. I was with the Hawks through about every game from mid Lute on when I was old enough to pay attention. Lick jr was unsufferable to watch, except for weird entertainment though I felt bad for him. Nebby is getting to the bottom of the barrel with a few players but at least they seem to be decently coached, but don't really belong. Watching Little Lick and the rest to a degree was lick watching the Hunger Games in the early stages of the competition.
It was pretty lucky timing with the big 10 network getting going those years. My cable provider didn't have btn so I had to miss a lot of games. Ended up finding a decent place to watch them and started going there for most of the games once I found it. I would have been better off never finding that place in hindsight. Although I did watch that one dude (Johnson maybe) drain 5 or 6 3s to almost come back and win once. Also watched the barn burner victory against MSU there.

Little Lick would have been the tribute who thought he could hide in the cornucopia.

Or the one who foolishly tipped his location by starting a fire.

Alford would have been the tribute who was attacked by the tracker jackers.

Latest posts