How Long does a coach get Part II

You guys are nuts if you think Fran is going anywhere. Below is where Iowa has placed in conference last couple years. It could be a lot worse. 2 fresh, 3 soph started tonight. What do you expect when our starters are this young? If Iowa doesnt make the tourney next year or in 2019, i'd agree his seat will be hot. Fran has a young team. They will improve this year.

2011-12 8-10 7th
2012-13 9-9 6th
2013-14 9-9 6th
2014-15 12-6 5th
2015-16 12-6 T3
2016-17 12-6 T5

If conference record was all that mattered he’d be in great shape. Problem is, his non-conference and post season results aren’t good. The bar is set by NCAA tournament wins. He’s got 1 in 8 years.

If conference record was all that mattered he’d be in great shape. Problem is, his non-conference and post season results aren’t good. The bar is set by NCAA tournament wins. He’s got 1 in 8 years.

Plus he's been dismal in the big ten tournament, no matter what kind of team he's got, they haven't shown up. Not since the Teddy V game against MSU 4-5 years ago.

You guys are nuts if you think Fran is going anywhere. Below is where Iowa has placed in conference last couple years. It could be a lot worse. 2 fresh, 3 soph started tonight. What do you expect when our starters are this young? If Iowa doesnt make the tourney next year or in 2019, i'd agree his seat will be hot. Fran has a young team. They will improve this year.

2011-12 8-10 7th
2012-13 9-9 6th
2013-14 9-9 6th
2014-15 12-6 5th
2015-16 12-6 T3
2016-17 12-6 T5

Year 8 and one decent team. SMH. Iowa is officially in a 70's level era of sports performance. When the next Bump Elliot comes in here and we start winning again, so many of you patient realists are going to look back at what we put up with for 15 years with disbelief.

He’ll get minimum until next year to make NCAA tournament.

Year 8 and one decent team. SMH. Iowa is officially in a 70's level era of sports performance. When the next Bump Elliot comes in here and we start stunning again, so many of you patient realists are going to look back at what we put up with for 15 years with disbelief.

This team is a big let down. They are so far from consistency that it seems unimaginable to think they get things clicking in game 10 or game 30. This season will have Fran's seat bottom warming up. I think Barta might go as far as to starting a replacement file of potential candidates. Fran's future at Iowa will hinge on salvaging this season in a big way or a make or break year next season. If Fran can pull a Kirk and turn this team into a 25 or 26 win team next year then he will get a healthy extension. If he doesn't pass previous highs I think he will be out.

This team is a big let down. They are so far from consistency that it seems unimaginable to think they get things clicking in game 10 or game 30. This season will have Fran's seat bottom warming up. I think Barta might go as far as to starting a replacement file of potential candidates. Fran's future at Iowa will hinge on salvaging this season in a big way or a make or break year next season. If Fran can pull a Kirk and turn this team into a 25 or 26 win team next year then he will get a healthy extension. If he doesn't pass previous highs I think he will be out.
In no form or fashion should Gary Barta be allowed to make the next basketball hire.

Fran on hot seat next year, has one big year to save his a$$ and gets big extension..

Sound familiar?

With Barta's track record of handing out extensions, I could totally see that happening.

In no form or fashion should Gary Barta be allowed to make the next basketball hire.

Hopefully Barta steps down for health reasons after this season. It would be a good out for him and good long term for Iowa. I would see if Dan Gable would be interested in stepping in for a few years to make some inspired hires. Why not?

I understand the disappointment how this season has started. If Iowa was undefeated right now would anyone be bringing up Frans past tournament record?

He's not going anywhere anytime soon. Guaranteed.

I understand the disappointment how this season has started. If Iowa was undefeated right now would anyone be bringing up Frans past tournament record?

He's not going anywhere anytime soon. Guaranteed.

Of course, but they're 4-5, so..

* Now we see just how important Jok was to this team last year. Last year Some wanted to argue that losing one of the leading scorers in the entire conference wasn’t going to hurt us and that we would even be better this year................ puff, puff, puff. Must have some good shit you were smoking last season. I don’t know who some of your were, but do you want to own it now? Jok wasn’t the best defensive player but who on this team besides Baer is? Jok was the closest thing Fran has had to having a go to guy and that’s not saying much as Jok did not have ice in his veins.

*As far as tournament play is concerned this season is over. Really the only enjoyment you may get is watching the development of our two freshmen.

*After eight years of not getting past the first round in the BTT if we win less than ten games given the very weak pre-season schedule we have Barta is going to be feeling the heat ESPECIALLY if Kirky boy loses to Boston College.

2011-12 8-10 7th
2012-13 9-9 6th
2013-14 9-9 6th
2014-15 12-6 5th
2015-16 12-6 T3
2016-17 12-6 T5
We lost on our home court to a Penn St team that started one senior. Teams have won national titles starting freshman and sophomores . What grade you are in is irreverent in college basketball

We lost on our home court to a Penn St team that started one senior. Teams have won national titles starting freshman and sophomores . What grade you are in is irreverent in college basketball

You're comparing Iowa to a National Title contender & want Fran gone at the same time. Grade is only irrellavent if a player is leaving early for the draft. Not sure to laugh at you or if you're f*ing with me?

You're comparing Iowa to a National Title contender & want Fran gone at the same time. Grade is only irrellavent if a player is leaving early for the draft. Not sure to laugh at you or if you're f*ing with me?
If you actually read my quote I’m not comparing Iowa to any type of contender . Just simply stating the fact it doesn’t matter how young or old you are in college basketball. You either have talent or you don’t

If you actually read my quote I’m not comparing Iowa to any type of contender . Just simply stating the fact it doesn’t matter how young or old you are in college basketball. You either have talent or you don’t

IMO Iowa has talent, they just don't have a PG who can get their talent to do what they do best....

Imagine a PG who can get dribble penetration and kick out to Bohannon or Moss for an open 3.
Imagine a PG who can penetrate and then dish monsterous alley-oop dunks to cook.
Imagine a PG who can dribble the ball with 10 seconds before the half and didn't turn it over.
Imagine a PG who can take a defender off the dribble to the basket for a layup.
Imagine a PG who can accurately feed the ball into the post.

There's one common theme here and its KILLING the hawks.

Latest posts