How important is it for the backups to get touches against North Texas?

How important?

• Not important

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • It's important

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • <insert tired played-out response>

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I don't vote in mongoloid polls

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Toren doesn't have any carries yet. If he's JB's backup, he needs reps. IKM was used on KO's. If he's AW's backup, he needs reps. It would be very short-sighted to think you can go an entire season without injury to JB and AW. Same at qb and lb. All other positions seem to be rotating 2-deeps as a matter of course.

Don't worry about my emotional pain, I'll be fine. Oh wait, you're talking about Butler. Agree with your post.

Some guys need the repetitions. Some need to get a bit of a rest. I would be tempted to sit Jewell the week and let the ankle heal. Bazata, A. Nelson, Bower, J. Jackson, and A. Wadley could take a break early. Quarterback and receivers need work even though they have been doing well.

This reply sets a record for healthy rational adult posts. Fingers are crossed.

It's kinda cool how the absence of certain people make this board more enjoyable. Kudos to all who replied.

I would. He (Jewel) probably won't. Maybe should get Ed Cunningham's approval first?

It's imperative for 2nd unit players to get a lot of reps vs. NT. Score is irrelevant. They need reps. But this has been stated for years.
agree.hurts but almost never has been done.Start now would be beyond well beyond.
ta

Nothing to disagree with here.
Hope to see a lot if not some of Toren Young. Maybe Brandon Smith will get targeted and see what he can do. Wouldn't hurt to get Weigers some 4th q ones too. I've gone back and forth on it but as far as Stanley needing every rep he can get I think that only counts up to a point. I sure don't want him risking injury either in what hopefully will be garbage time. So if we got to see Wiegers in the 4th q I'd be more than ok with that

I think it is important for some of the back up guys to play just in case they are called on later in the season. Also think it is really important to have the oline get some chemistry going with the group they have because it is has been constantly changing the last couple of weeks.

I voted "meh".

MY answer is "it's important for the backups to get meaningful* snaps in every game" (meaningful = outcome still in doubt and not in play-even-more-conservative-than-usual mode).

But that's not the way KF does things, so... "meh"

Depends on which position we're talking about....

1. One of the LB positions? Absolutely. We lose 3 high quality senior backers after this year.
2. RB? Yep. Butler and AW gone after this year. Toren and IKM getting game reps would be great.
3. QB? Nope, not interested in that. With this being Stanley's first year, I'd prefer he get as many reps as possible.
4. DB? Nope, with as poorly as we played in the def backfield last week, the more reps for those guys, the better.
5. OL? Nope, with as jumbled as it is now, I want whoever is on the first team now to get as many game reps as possible.
6. DL? Yes. We've got some really talented younger guys (Epenesa, Simon, Gholston, etc) that could use some quality game reps.

So yeah, I'd like to see backup reps, but only in certain positions.

Depends on which position we're talking about....

1. One of the LB positions? Absolutely. We lose 3 high quality senior backers after this year.
2. RB? Yep. Butler and AW gone after this year. Toren and IKM getting game reps would be great.
3. QB? Nope, not interested in that. With this being Stanley's first year, I'd prefer he get as many reps as possible.
4. DB? Nope, with as poorly as we played in the def backfield last week, the more reps for those guys, the better.
5. OL? Nope, with as jumbled as it is now, I want whoever is on the first team now to get as many game reps as possible.
6. DL? Yes. We've got some really talented younger guys (Epenesa, Simon, Gholston, etc) that could use some quality game reps.

So yeah, I'd like to see backup reps, but only in certain positions.

Spot on. This is exactly what I wanted to say. Obviously, if it's a blowout we don't need to be risking injuring by playing starters at any position late, but I like the split by units from SpiderRico.

Latest posts