How how how can u justify not firing Greg Davis?

I think we are only using about 10-15% of GDs system. Being that it's still so new, a lot of what we are running are some of his most basic plays. After this year, which I suspect GD will be retained, I think we will see a little bit more out of his playbook as the basics should be covered. If we don't drop as many balls or throw it into the ground with no receiver looking fewer times, we would probably be talking more positive about it.

If this is the case, his offense is too complicated to begin with in my opinion. And Im not willing to give him 3 years to bring in his own guys.

No doubt. KF will go down in flames with this HIRE. No Doubt.. Drops were not the reason for the loss, the Offensive Game plan is GIRLISH! AND HAS NO BALLS TO IT!!!

You all are clowns. Whether you like it or not, and whether or not you feel like you actually have a say in what happens, KF isn't going anywhere. Do you HONESTLY think you're going to find someone better to come STAY at Iowa? Best case scenario - Iowa hires a great young coach who comes in for 4-5 years, does well and leaves to go to an actual HEADLINE program that just gave their coach the boot. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DO BETTER THAN KF IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A LONG TERM COACH. DEAL WITH IT.

Sorry, but I'm not buying into the Greg Davis b*******. Lots of OCs come in and do well in their first year with a team with the talent they were handed. Didn't GD say that CJF was the most talented TE he has ever had? If that's the case, why hasn't he been utilizing him more? Make no mistake, drops have been a huge problem again this season, and the O line has been banged up pretty good, but that doesn't explain losing to NW, Indiana and Purdue. GD is too predictable. I thought KOK was bad, but GD is even worse. Look no further than the Indiana game where they started out hot by rolling JVB out, then they hardly ever do it the rest of the game. Something works so we stop doing it.......makes sense. This offense is stupid to begin with. Let's run a two yard out on 3rd and 3 when you know they are going to stack the line. Let's throw a pass behind the LOS and hope the receiver can make a move. I have not seen them call any quick slants on 3rd and short to medium to beat the blitz they know is coming. Sorry, but this is not 1999 when you could understand a lack of production from a team low on talent. This is a team that has talent that isn't producing. Sorry, but that can't ALL be blamed on the mistakes the players have made. Right now, we should be 8-2 considering the close losses to ISU, CMU, Indiana and Purdue. I think if we had more imaginative playcalling, we could have won those games by 3 TDs.

Sorry, but I'm not buying into the Greg Davis b*******. Lots of OCs come in and do well in their first year with a team with the talent they were handed. Didn't GD say that CJF was the most talented TE he has ever had? If that's the case, why hasn't he been utilizing him more? Make no mistake, drops have been a huge problem again this season, and the O line has been banged up pretty good, but that doesn't explain losing to NW, Indiana and Purdue. GD is too predictable. I thought KOK was bad, but GD is even worse. Look no further than the Indiana game where they started out hot by rolling JVB out, then they hardly ever do it the rest of the game. Something works so we stop doing it.......makes sense. This offense is stupid to begin with. Let's run a two yard out on 3rd and 3 when you know they are going to stack the line. Let's throw a pass behind the LOS and hope the receiver can make a move. I have not seen them call any quick slants on 3rd and short to medium to beat the blitz they know is coming. Sorry, but this is not 1999 when you could understand a lack of production from a team low on talent. This is a team that has talent that isn't producing. Sorry, but that can't ALL be blamed on the mistakes the players have made. Right now, we should be 8-2 considering the close losses to ISU, CMU, Indiana and Purdue. I think if we had more imaginative playcalling, we could have won those games by 3 TDs.

We also should have won those games if players caught the ball and made routine plays. while I think a lot rests on JVB he has had some guys drop the ball in unopportune times. Bottom line is the players have not performed well and the line injuries the last few weeks have hurt us. I think to a point there have been some guys that have said screw it. Right now coaching is the least of the problems

You all are clowns. Whether you like it or not, and whether or not you feel like you actually have a say in what happens, KF isn't going anywhere. Do you HONESTLY think you're going to find someone better to come STAY at Iowa? Best case scenario - Iowa hires a great young coach who comes in for 4-5 years, does well and leaves to go to an actual HEADLINE program that just gave their coach the boot. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DO BETTER THAN KF IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A LONG TERM COACH. DEAL WITH IT.

LOL.

Latest posts