How Funny..

If I was told the compitition was opened up because 1 bad game, I would be pI$$ed too. 1 bad game isn't a good reason for a 2 year starter to lose his job. Of course it wasn't just due to 1 bad game though, that's just what was told to the media.

If I was told the compitition was opened up because 1 bad game, I would be pI$$ed too. 1 bad game isn't a good reason for a 2 year starter to lose his job. Of course it wasn't just due to 1 bad game though, that's just what was told to the media.

That's just it. He had 12 games, or I should say 10.5 games. In those 10.5 games he won 5 games (UNI, Ball St., Indiana, jNW & Ill.) He lost 5 of them (ISU, Maryland, Minny, Wisconsin, and Nebby) and he had to get bailed out in the Pitt game by CJ.

What I don't get is how he didn't straight up LOSE the job at the end of the year. KF should have just turned the page and said, OK CJ, its your turn.

That's just it. He had 12 games, or I should say 10.5 games. In those 10.5 games he won 5 games (UNI, Ball St., Indiana, jNW & Ill.) He lost 5 of them (ISU, Maryland, Minny, Wisconsin, and Nebby) and he had to get bailed out in the Pitt game by CJ.

What I don't get is how he didn't straight up LOSE the job at the end of the year. KF should have just turned the page and said, OK CJ, its your turn.

But KF didnt do that. He played Rudock for 2 straight years and then all of a sudden not play him much in the bowl game? Makes zero sense. Now he has 2 QBs ****** off because of how they ****ed up the situation all year.

I may be in the minority here, but I would hope that every position is up for competition every week. No matter how many games the current starter has played.

But KF didnt do that. He played Rudock for 2 straight years and then all of a sudden not play him much in the bowl game? Makes zero sense. Now he has 2 QBs ****** off because of how they ****ed up the situation all year.

Agreed. I mean he messed it up clear to the end. I mean the only way to mess that up is to let them both play. Either JR is your guy, or JR lost the job with his performance this year by winning 5 and losing 5 games as a starter. Doesn't he always say you can't be halfway married?

If both guys are leaving, oh well.

Rudock and his dad should just feel fortunate that a Power 5 school offered him a scholarship. Very few Power 5 teams would even have a place for this guy on their roster. He wouldn't even be a certain starter at a good FCS school.

CJ wouldn't be a big loss either. Starting for Ferentz at QB is rather easy. You don't really need much ability. Just know the 10-12 plays they run each game by heart and of the 3 audibles they run and when to check to them. Also don't force the ball into turnovers.

Its really very simple and in 3 years he has yet to figure it out.

It wouldn't make any sense for Beathard to leave now. If anything, it would have made more sense for him to leave after 2013. If he leaves now and goes to a D-1 school (Tennessee or Mississippi), he'll have to sit out a year and won't start until he's a senior. If you assume that Rudock is staying and will be the starter in 2015, that's the same situation Beathard is in now.

That said, if I'm Jake Rudock and I'm only 3 credits from graduation, I tell this coaching staff to **** off.

Last edited:

Latest posts