How does tOSU make so few fouls?

glidinghawk

The Buckeyes are #1 in the nation for least fouls committed, around 15 a game I think.

After watching last night's game, it's obvious that Craft gets away with a ton of hand checks and grabs. He disguises them quite well, and the refs also give him a break because of his quick hands. Actually, it's 'slight of hand.'

And Craft is one of the biggest cry babies in the nation. He whines at every call that goes against him.

Strictly refs not calling anything on them. Craft tackled a guy last night an wasn't called for anything. It's ridiculous actually.

I have to say that Aaron Craft was one of the worst hand check/arm bar bandits in previous seasons. He has made the adjustments and he keeps his hands high and moves his feet this year. I'm not saying he doesn't still foul because everyone does but he has changed how he guards on the perimeter. That's as far as I care to go in defending him. But I have to tell the truth. besides, that white baseball player that the announcers wouldn't shut up about defended EVERY possession with an arm bar and he never got whistled for it.

I have to say that Aaron Craft was one of the worst hand check/arm bar bandits in previous seasons. He has made the adjustments and he keeps his hands high and moves his feet this year. I'm not saying he doesn't still foul because everyone does but he has changed how he guards on the perimeter. That's as far as I care to go in defending him. But I have to tell the truth. besides, that white baseball player that the announcers wouldn't shut up about defended EVERY possession with an arm bar and he never got whistled for it.

I am personally sick and tired of Crapft. OSU has always had refs in their back pocket and Crapft takes full advantage of this. That guy should be fouled out every other game.

Craft is a really not ever called for fouls unless he is blatantly fouling. Like borderline intentionally fouling.

I'd like to see the replay of his strip from the other angle. I couldn't believe he didn't foul the shooter when I saw the replays on Big Ten Final.

You adjust to the refs...and craft does very well. If they let him play physical he does. If they don't he doesn't.

I'd like to see the replay of his strip from the other angle. I couldn't believe he didn't foul the shooter when I saw the replays on Big Ten Final.

It was a foul, in every other game I watched yesterday, but not that one...hmmmm

Slip them refs a bennie, matta....

This is so so so ridiculous. You know why Craft doesn't get called for many fouls? It's because he's good, he's fundamental and he's smart.

I swear, referees aren't on the take for Aaron Craft. He moves his feet, he gets into position, he anticipates and when you do those things that puts you in position to get calls. I promise you that the same rules would apply to Mike Gessel, Oglesby, etc.

This is so so so ridiculous. You know why Craft doesn't get called for many fouls? It's because he's good, he's fundamental and he's smart.

I swear, referees aren't on the take for Aaron Craft. He moves his feet, he gets into position, he anticipates and when you do those things that puts you in position to get calls. I promise you that the same rules would apply to Mike Gessel, Oglesby, etc.

He moves his feet well and he's smart, I'll give him that. But that only seems to serve to allow him to use his hands any way he sees fit (see the strip at the end of the ND game). Reputation and a little talent goes a long way. Greg Maddux was good, but what would his career have looked like if he hadn't routinely gotten an extra inch or so off the corners because of his reputation? Still good, but he wouldn't have been as effective. Craft is very similar, IMO.

1 more vote for "Hate Aaron Craft".

There are sour grapes involved but I hated him well before the ISU game. I won't watch an OSU game so I can't comment in anything this year. Sounds like he's going to be a doctor so I'll never have to see him again after this year.

The Buckeyes are #1 in the nation for least fouls committed, around 15 a game I think.

After watching last night's game, it's obvious that Craft gets away with a ton of hand checks and grabs. He disguises them quite well, and the refs also give him a break because of his quick hands. Actually, it's 'slight of hand.'

And Craft is one of the biggest cry babies in the nation. He whines at every call that goes against him.

Or maybe it's sleight of hand.

$$$$$$$... that or c'mon guys, if you play for msu, osu, louisville, duke, cuse or a few others, you just don't foul. You are so obviously gifted with so much more superior talent than the iowa's of the world. They are not really fouls. Just fantastic defense. Right? Right? I want to throw up in my mouth at tourney time when i hear the espn guys say how these elite teams just turn on the good D when it counts.
And another thing: the new focus on these rules is the most ridiculous concept ever. It gives the refs a legit reason to call a foul whenever they want. It has only made these calls more inconsistent. I guess its like the NBA, its all about your reputation.
So, get it straight. Craft doesnt foul, he is elite, and so fast that your common eyes just percieve these instances as fouls.

Aaron Craft is one of my favorite college basketball players in recent memory. He is what college athletics are supposed to be about. Does he get calls based off his reputation? Absolutely. But he has earned that reputation over the last 3 years. He is one of the best players in college basketball, get over it.

Like a relief pitcher that has such good control that he only throws strikes. Even when its really a foot outside the plate. Dennis Eckersley

Craft's defensive skills still translate with the new rules. He still moves his feet, without the handchecking, and is very effective. Give him credit.

I agree that Craft is very good defensively. I think he's one of the best defensive players in college basketball. I don't think he's one of the best players (overall) in college basketball. I feel that he gets away with 1 to 2 fouls per game on average because he is very good defensively. Reputation overrides what's actually happening IMO...and not just on defensive plays.

Aaron Craft is one of my favorite college basketball players in recent memory. He is what college athletics are supposed to be about. Does he get calls based off his reputation? Absolutely. But he has earned that reputation over the last 3 years. He is one of the best players in college basketball, get over it.

My eyes bugged on this comment? Surely you must jest. To be one of the best in the game, you've gotta combine decent defensive AND offensive skills. Craft plays D yes. He has NO offense. His game against Wichita last year in the Dance was just a pathetic showcase. The guy casts bricks.
He can graduate and go away, little stink.