How does this D stop Robinson or Martinez?

Also, I think Persa is a much better thrower than Martinez or Robinson. We can slow down their one dimensional offenses (we won't shut them down) and then hopefully outscore them as their defenses aren't anything special either.

How will this defense even begin to stop Michigan, Michigan St and Nebraska? Indiana was last or next to last in so many offensive categories.

I say for these 2 match ups that we could switch to a 3-4 and throw Derby in as a spy. He's quick, athletic and can hit them in the mouth.

This. He's effective as a thrower when he can play off his running ability, which is more limited this year because of the kind of offense that Hoke would like to run. D-Rob seems to kind of be in no-man's land right now.

Yeah, I think Hoke is guilty of doing the same thing RichRod did in 2008. RichRod wanted to run his spread, but he had Lloyd's stable of dropback QBs. Now, Hoke is trying to fit Denard into a pro-style offense.

I don't know what's wrong with catering your style to your players for a year, and then tell the recruits you'll run it the other way once they're on campus. RichRod might have had enough goodwill to keep his job had he not gone 3-9 his first year trying to run the spread with Steven Threet. Weird and overly-egotistical moves.

Hoke at least has their D playing some ball, but we'll see if they end up breaking 7-8 wins after their 6-0 start.

Latest posts