How does one become a cyclone?

HaydenHawk56

The psychology of being a cyclone. It is so hard to imagine growing up being a cyclone. Almost like psychological brain-washing or arranged marriages. I feel sorry for the kids that fell on the wrong side of the fence. I thank my lucky stars I grow up in the 319 area code. It feels so good to be a Hawkeye.

The psychology of being a cyclone. It is so hard to imagine growing up being a cyclone. Almost like psychological brain-washing or arranged marriages. I feel sorry for the kids that fell on the wrong side of the fence. I thank my lucky stars I grow up in the 319 area code. It feels so good to be a Hawkeye.

i've asked that question many times.

But, I've been educated. The only way to become a Cyclone is to go to school there.

There you have it.

Tavern Ankle.

Arranged marriages aren't that bad, as compared to brain-washing and becoming a Cyclone fan.

How does one become a fan of Iowa outside of being an alum? By choosing to root for the in-state team that wins more? I didn't go to ISU, yet I am a big ISU fan. Why? Honestly, if I had to pinpoint it, it would be because of the 90's basketball teams. I watched them on tv and became interested. Everyone else in my family is a Hawk fan. None of them being grads of the U of I.

How does one become a fan of Iowa outside of being an alum? By choosing to root for the in-state team that wins more? I didn't go to ISU, yet I am a big ISU fan. Why? Honestly, if I had to pinpoint it, it would be because of the 90's basketball teams. I watched them on tv and became interested. Everyone else in my family is a Hawk fan. None of them being grads of the U of I.
If you didn't up around Iowa City, this is the reason.

I have thought about this before and also cannot imagine being a clown fan. I literally shiver thinking about wearing that hideous color combination or sitting in that stadium.

In my experience there are 3 types of clown fans:

Alumni clown - will be a fan no matter how bad they are.

Bandwagon clown

Anti-Hawk clown - Only a clown fan because they hate the Hawks for one reason or another(divorced from a Hawk fan, etc.). Hawks losing is more important than them winning.

I actually know a handful of people that have no connection to ISU other than the fact that they are fans. I never understood it...

tavern clown. shameful to the clown alumni fanbase. just shameful.

i grew up and live about an hour north of ames. 2 and a half hours from iowa city. didn't go to iowa, and went to iowa state for about 3 weeks. i'm a hawkeye fan. had nothing to do with who wins more. i grew up in a house that loved the hawkeyes.

besides, black and gold is way cooler than cardinal and gold or whatever iowa state claims as their colors these days

NO, I didn't grow up near IC and I didn't attend Iowa either. I'm an Iowa fan because that's who my dad is a fan of. Couldn't be much simpler. I have great memories with my dad and cheering for Iowa, even when they didn't win as much.

In my experience there are 3 types of clown fans:

Alumni clown - will be a fan no matter how bad they are.

Bandwagon clown

Anti-Hawk clown - Only a clown fan because they hate the Hawks for one reason or another(divorced from a Hawk fan, etc.). Hawks losing is more important than them winning.

What bandwagon? The one Danny Mac drove right into the unemployment line? The "we got Cheezdik, we're on our way" one year wonder bandwagon?
Teh Mayor's bandwagon?!?

i grew up and live about an hour north of ames. 2 and a half hours from iowa city. didn't go to iowa, and went to iowa state for about 3 weeks. i'm a hawkeye fan. had nothing to do with who wins more. i grew up in a house that loved the hawkeyes.

besides, black and gold is way cooler than cardinal and gold or whatever iowa state claims as their colors these days

I like the cardinal and gold, but it resides in KC!!

Sounds like a group of people here chose Iowa because of it's colors. Interesting way to pick a 'favorite' school.

Sounds like a Cub fan... :D

What bandwagon? The one Danny Mac drove right into the unemployment line? The "we got Cheezdik, we're on our way" one year wonder bandwagon?
Teh Mayor's bandwagon?!?

"SO ANGRY. A TEAM I DONT CARE ABOUT AND THE FANBASE WHO SUPPORT IT BEING HOPEFUL ABOUT THEM. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF. I SHOULD JUST GO ONLINE AND ***** ABOUT IT DAILY"

-Vintage

Latest posts